• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I’m happy we had such great weather today. I’m happy my brother and sister came to visit us on the beach. My sister and her husband made me Birthday gifts . They used pictures of my dog Aurora.
D64E89A6-78AB-4B58-A3D8-C285C718333F.jpeg

Despite the wind, hurricane Hilary wasn’t as bad as I expected thankfully. Only my gate received damage. I didn’t have to put the tips from Florida to use.:LOL: The two thunderstorms from yesterday were scarier.

Thankfully, the earthquake from Ventura County was small. I was worried for my family in LA until I saw the magnitude.

-Mom made posole.

-It basically was a lazy Sunday. I even got to nap.

My family and I got to see the latest episode of One Piece and another episode of Hunter x Hunter this morning!! We also watched Grian's new Hermitcraft episode and GeminiTay's most recent New Life episode later on as well, along with a few other short videos!
I took a nap on the couch with my tuxedo kitty today—I swear y'all he is the world's finest sleep aid, at least until he starts dreaming and kicking the hell out of me in his sleep.
Played a little bit of Stardew Valley!
I got to look through some more event entries from the Galaxolotls and Actually, Nevermind! I've gone through all the Observatory threads now, hopefully I'll get to finish looking through the Bridge and Cargo sections soon.
I also saw a ton of lovely fanart of my Dragon Quest XI faves!! ;v; Mostly Serena but also some of Sylvando as well. Also found some official art I hadn't seen that's now been added to my desktop wallpaper collection!

I have a few things to be happy about this weekend.

- I got to sleep in today and yesterday.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch multiple times.
- We did a lot of yardwork and it's looking much nicer than it was before.
- I washed a load of laundry today so I'll have clean clothes to wear this week.
- The purple accents on the forum are beautiful. I assume they are in honor of the Cetacean's win.
- Mistreil's art of the Moon Bunny team. I love my crew and captains!
- Wix paid us a visit with his new alien babies. The possibilities for Halloween...
- I finally did all the math and decided how to spend my tokens. I was able to buy a lot more collectibles than I thought. I have so many awesome potential lineups, but my favorite is definitely the one I'm displaying now.
- My uncle may be able to come home from the hospital tomorrow. After recovering from a broken femur last month, now he ended up with viral pneumonia. Fingers crossed he'll recover from this quickly.

What I did yesterday on 8/19/23:
- I went to my aunt's place to visit her and I had a sleepover.
- Played some PC games with my cousin.
- Watched some shows with my relatives.
- Gave my cousin the portrait drawing I completed of her, and I received a lot of compliments about my art.
- Ate some yummy food at a restaurant.

What I did today on 8/20/23:
- I had a picnic at a regional park with my relatives and we sat by the lake. I saw a monarch butterfly and a tiger butterfly there which was nice.
- Slept well last night.
- Completed some homework.
- Watched some programs online.
- My cousin dropped me off home and my mom and the cat were happy to see me.

• Had a good violin lesson on Saturday, think I've finally got the G major scale down! Also have learned the majority of Carol of the Bells. One of my goals is to learn the whole thing by the holidays. :)
  • Been playing two mobile games lately and enjoying them a lot, Pokemon Go and Yugioh Duel Links. I saved up enough gems in Yugioh Duel Links to buy a digital deck of Spirit Charmer cards yesterday so I'm excited to start using those
  • I signed up for some volunteer shifts at a local shelter meal prepping and serving meals. Have one this Wednesday, this Friday, and next Thursday
  • Applied to more jobs. Hoping something comes through eventually, I've been looking for awhile
  • Started watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, it's my first time watching it and I'm enjoying it
  • Got nominated as tenant of the year in my apartment building
  • Playing violin has helped my anxiety a lot, I'm having less panic attacks and my mood is better sine I started playing regularly again. I've been playing 2 hours a day daily and it's really helped a lot. Plus it's fun, challenging, and exciting to learn new things on it.

Today hasn’t been great, but:

- I woke up to see @/xara’s beautiful message, I feel really grateful to be able to have met so many amazing people on here and been able to talk more because of this camp!!

- I still have a lot to catch up on, but I managed to get through some more of my lectures today!

- got to spend a bit of my evening playing minecraft with my partner, which was a lot of fun!

- Got a whole 8 hours sleep for the first time in a while!

- Made arrangements with my friends to meet up for lunch at a Japanese cafe on wednesday ☺️ It'll be really good to catch up with them, and we've been wanting to check out this cafe for a while since it has great reviews.

- Also got plans for Thursday! My mum and I plan to go shopping together after my dentist appointment in the early morning, then get brunch. I'm happy I'm doing more stuff rn, I feel like I need to go out more to build myself up for my holiday and my return to uni in a month and a half. Got kinda bogged down with health problems and complacency I think, but I feel much better now

- Successfully checked into my flight and downloaded our boarding passes today ✌️

my kittens are still pretty timid but have been doing super awesome so far with being around people! to put it into perspective, a few weeks ago, they'd run and hide under the couch at any single sound they'd hear. 😅 that'd include literally anyone walking anywhere near them. i'm super happy that today after feeding them, one of them plopped themselves onto my desk and took a super long nap while i worked on some stuff. i moved her soft bed onto my desk so she'd be comfortable, but i full expected that she'd run off and try to nap elsewhere. but she hopped right into her bed and stayed next to me for a few hours 🥺 made my heart all warm and fuzzy that she wanted to stay beside me for so long 💜

Happy today for a few reasons! ^-^

Over the last few weeks I've been trying to play my games in a certain way. I was being very picky about what I got and was constantly searching for things and resetting to find rare stuff. I started to dislike doing this, so I made some changes on how I would like to play for now on. I'm not going to be so darn picky anymore and am going to start playing more casually. So, I kinda reset again, but this time for good reason! So I can't wait to start having fun, cause what I was doing before was not fun I tell you. 😓

Decided to keep my bangs after all. It's just more comfortable, plus I got some new hair accessories to use! I love accessorizing! 💅

Finally, I decided to trade my white crescent moon for a blue balloon collectible. It was definitely a good trade! 💙

i wrote today! got about 1k done so far with some really necessary edits, which is great because i had been floundering on this story for a while. sent it off for initial review and now am gonna try and work through some more.

i also made this really delicious saucey, brothless ramen with a lot of umami and great yuzu hot sauce in it. inspired by this NYT food video if anyone wants some cool ramen ideas!

Not much today, but here it is!

❤️ Got to make some art for the winners of my art raffle! Both pieces were pretty fun to draw!

🧡 Had a nice chat with @/xSuperMario64x on discord! I don't really use discord that much these days, but I saw his post on the random thoughts thread, and decided to add him on there!

💚 I was able to get a Shrek Swamp potion from @/LambdaDelta! I still have to figure out what my lineup with it is gonna look like lol

I'm almost finished catching up on the Galaxolotl's and Actually, Nevermind's entries now! Just gotta read through everyone's Obscure Observations next! ^^
I played Stardew Valley for a little while again today! I got the Horse Flute which is so incredibly convenient oh my gosh, and also decorated my farm some more and repainted my buildings!
Watched SolidarityGaming's latest New Life video with my family, and a few other Youtube videos!
Like King Koopa above, I also added Bug on Discord! We had a really nice chat about our cats ahaha
Oblivia's current giveaway is really fun, I basically never play around with lineups in "Creative Mode" but I'm really enjoying it!! ;v; Bless Jacob for the List of All TBT Collectibles

Today I'm happy because I already finished my dailies and runs in Genshin Impact, cuddled my kitties, have been productive at work, and my room is all clean and my bed is made!

I'm also happy because I got good sleep for the second day in a row. I had been alternating between good sleep and not for the past one or two weeks, so now I feel a lot more clearheaded. :giggle: 💚

(Also, post #17,000 for this thread! That's a lot of happies!!)

Back