• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I have a lot, so sorry if this post is really lengthy lol

❤ Technically this was yesterday, but my good friend @Roxxy gifted me a blue rosewater potion! This made my really happy since I regretted not participating more in the fair to earn one myself, but I'm still glad I have one now! It's definitely one of my favorite potions design-wise! 🌹💙

🧡 I've also been chatting with Bug on discord some more, and I really enjoy it! We also have a lot of similar interests!

💛Speaking of @xSuperMario64x, he also made me some art of my villager OC Sapphire! It honestly always makes me really happy to see other people draw my OC's, and it especially made me happy to see Sapphire since he's one of my newer OC's!

💚 I got to meet up with one of my real life friends, and we had lunch together! It was also funny, because he said and did some out-of-pocket things that made me laugh 🤭

💙 I did have a minor headache earlier today, (still kinda do actually), so I think I'm just gonna take the rest of the day easy, and maybe watch some more Poofesure, since I find his raging pretty funny 😂

💜 I had some Brisk half n half (half lemonade/half tea) and it was really good! I'm also happy I didn't pass out from a sugar crash, since that usually happens whenever I have Brisk anything lol

Today was kinda busy but I got a ton of stuff done!! Also was able to post in my art gallery thread again, which was fun! Looking back, I've done a lot more art this year than I thought I had. 👀
Watched a little Youtube with my family this evening, and we finally decided to check out the Hermitcraft Recaps! I think we'll start keeping up with it on the regular since we don't have time to follow all the Hermits—it'll be cool to stay in the loop with all the current happenings on the server!
Forgot to mention this the other day, but I bought a couple of lilies (red and white) from the Shop! They should pair nicely with some of my older ones. 🤍♥️
I won 200 tbt in Oblivia's lineup design giveaway!! ;w; It was a very generous amount and a big boost to my current savings aaaaa
And I became an Expert Tailor and Carpenter in Fantasy Life! The latter was so much harder to complete though ohh my gosh. But I was also able to complete a few more quests in the meantime!

It's a lengthy post, but I'll throw it in here anyways as it's something I like to mention. 😊 I'll catch up reading the posts tomorrow as it's getting late oops.

August 25, 2023
This day mainly focuses on one major thing that happened for the entire day. I went somewhere with my sister where there’s a bunch of stuff to enjoy. I’ll put it in a spoiler!
  • We went on some fun rides even though there were a few that made me a little nervous, but overcame those fears and went on them anyway!
  • We also looked around some stalls where they sold various things, particularly Nintendo related stuff. Here are a few photos for the curious eyes.
One stall was selling wooden cutting boards with designs engraved on them. I was told that they also have the option where you can bring your own design and have them engraved too! I saw their laptop in the background and had Inkscape open, so that was interesting!
Super Mozzarella Bros.png

Take this!.png

Here's a piece of art I saw at a gallery!
Zelda art.png

And then there are giant plushies of Luigi!
Luigi plushes.png
  • Continuing from the previous point, there were a bunch of car models! Though, I didn’t buy any of them as the price tags were a bit too much for me to justify a purchase. You’re more than welcome to skip this point as I’ll dump a bunch of photos lol.
It’s a La Ferrari! I like it. 😁
La Ferrari model.png

The next car here is a Toyota 2000 GT! My camera skills weren’t great here as a part of it got chopped off oops.
Toyota 2000 GT model.png

Here’s another one: the Ferrari FXX K! Oh my goodness, I remember how this car used to drive horribly in Gran Turismo 7 until the handling model was adjusted at one point.
Ferrari FXX K model.png

Ah yes, a Volkswagen Sambabus showed up too, and it’s ready to go to the beach! ☀️🌊
Volkswagen Sambabus model.png

Lastly, enjoy looking at a Mercedes-Benz W 125 that I spotted in a sea of car models.
Mercedes W 125 model.png

Huh? There’s something else worth sharing!
It’s no surprise that Chevrolet Corvettes will show up! This one is a C8!
C8 Corvette model.png

The last two pictures are just signs of Corvettes from different generations. The one at the top is the C3!
Corvettes.png

And here is the C1 pre-facelift.
C1 Corvette.png
  • I had some Chipotle for dinner after spending pretty much the whole day making memories with my sister. It’s something that I’ll remember for a very long time. 😊

August 26, 2023
  • Work went fine for me.
  • Played a bit of Gran Turismo 7.
  • I noticed that @/Midoriya gifted me his blue rosewater potion collectible and I’m very thankful for that! He’s been planning to send it to me for the past couple of months now, but it wasn’t until after the raffle that it is finally possible to do just that. Thanks, friendo! 💚
  • Made some significant progress in my drawing!

August 27, 2023
  • Work was very chill for me. Not a lot happened and everyone at work went home early as a result.
  • I went to the mall for a bit afterwards and bought a couple of nutella jars in the process lol. They were on sale too!
  • There’s something I’ve been wanting to mention, but I didn’t really have a good opportunity to take a picture of it… Until now! I always go through an area almost daily and it makes me happy every time when I see it.
I've seen this hanging outside on someone's house since June and I love the pride colours hahaha.
So many colours!.png
  • I watched the Formula 1 2023 Dutch Grand Prix! It started to rain literally just before the race started which made for an interesting scene for drivers scrambling into the pits to change tires while others had to tough it out for another lap in poor conditions with slick tires. The wet conditions didn’t last too long so things went back to normal with overtakes throughout the race… Until it started raining near the end to the point it had to be suspended for a while due to torrential rain. It eventually stopped and the race resumed to the finish.
  • Played some Gran Turismo 7 again. At one point, my dad was watching me drive the engine swapped classic Volkswagen Beetle destroying my opponents. He was amazed at how I was making easy overtakes, including a Ferrari lol.
  • I made more progress in my drawing!

August 28, 2023
  • Work was fine for me and ended up heading home a little earlier than usual.
  • For the third time running, I’ve once again made more progress in my drawing. I’m in the shading stages now!
  • This last point means quite a lot to me. On this day one year ago, I completed a livery on a Volkswagen Beetle Gr. 3 in Gran Turismo 7 for @/xSuperMario64x which took me months to do. I drew so many art pieces and traced them over in Inkscape so I could use them in-game. And I remember nicknaming it as my "art project" or something along the lines on here to keep it a surprise. It feels quite nostalgic just looking at it spending hours working on each individual piece. 🥺 On a side note, there have been a few online time trials from time to time that require the use of a group 3 car which this Beetle falls under. Whenever those come up, I always drive it to help me achieve the gold target times.
One picture isn't enough to show how much effort I put into this. Bug has so many OCs throughout the years that it almost looks like the amount of characters are reaching Smash Bros. Ultimate levels (in reality, there are only 50+ characters on there including some of his plushies). And even to this day, I still make a few updates to the livery, albeit on a significantly lower level compared to last year. I've only added a handful of characters. In fact, one of the drawings I'm working on at the moment will go on the Beetle eventually! 😄
White Mountain National Forest_.jpeg

Bug absolutely loved this and it made our friendship stronger because of it. 💜

Today I'm happy because:

- I didn't have any major issues at work. It was a calm day as I expected.
- I saw a couple of squirrels out gathering nuts this afternoon.
- @Shellzilla_515 posted some really cool pics a few minutes ago. Love the Corvettes and the Zelda items!
- I've been feeling a bit down today due to family stuff, but my husband always lets me vent and comforts me.

* Got my approval rate in NL to 100%, and should be getting my development permit tomorrow.

* Also got the garden shop in NL.

* I should be getting the town hall in NH tomorrow. I will definitely get the second pocket upgrade, place down some plots, and do some island hopping tomorrow if I can.

* Caught my first arowana, ray, and dorado (since resetting) in NH and donated them to Blathers.

* Logged on to Toyhouse after being inactive for a while and someone said they like my characters. <333

* Speaking of Toyhouse, I also added two of my favorite OCs I hadn't yet: Daisy and Cole

* Made a discord server to store emojis for me and my friends to use if/when we ever get Nitro :,)

Sorry for not leaving a “love” or space whale reaction. Choosing an option is too sensitive on my phone. Plus, I’m tired.

-My nephew was cooperative today.

-I got over my design block on NH and used Room Sketch to draft a (possible) 10x6 wine tasting area and cellar. I still have to tweak it, but I like how it’s coming out.

Sorry for not leaving a “love” or space whale reaction. Choosing an option is too sensitive on my phone. Plus, I’m tired.

-My nephew was cooperative today.

-I got over my design block on NH and used Room Sketch to draft a (possible) 10x6 wine tasting area and cellar. I still have to tweak it, but I like how it’s coming out.
I can relate, it is a pain in the *** just for me to leave a love reaction instead of a like reaction on my phone 😭

• Today I have my volunteer shift taking care of the rescue kitties inside of Petsmart, missed last week so excited to get back to it and see what kitties are there now. ❤️
  • Tomorrow is my first day of work at my first job! My shift is 4-9pm. Orientation will be about 5 hours long. Nervous but also really excited :)
  • I played several rounds of yugioh with my boyfriend yesterday, had a lot of fun!
  • The shirts I bought for work came, I'm just waiting on the third one to get here
  • Slept fairly decently last night, not great but better than what I had gotten over the previous several nights at least
  • I'm almost finished watching all of Yugioh GX. Just a couple more episodes left, really enjoyed it
  • Caught a shiny beldum in Pokemon Go the other day!

Our AC was recently fixed and wasn't a bad price.
My dog is doing so well with learning ab adjusting.
It finally cooled down outside starting yesterday.
My purple Cabbage is finally growing nicely and looking like flora from another planet.
My ACNH island is coming along in its terraforming process. I think this the best one I did honestly. I learned some tips to try on YouTube and I think it is working well for me. The biggest tip is don't think, but another one, which is more of a guideline, is no more than 4 or 5 blocks without coming forward or going backwards at least a block on the edges of cliffs. I also learned how to place a tree on the edge of a cliff via a glitch (no hack) and that does help with variety. Erik also moved in yesterday as a rando which makes me happy actually because it is toward the end of the year. He will look nice on my island during fall and winter. He won't be staying permanently,.. I don't think.. but he will be nice to have for a while.

still not feeling well but I do have things to be happy about 😌

since the camp event ended I've been able to get back into drawing consistently, and my churn-out rate has actually been pretty good for the last week or so! of course, I don't want to over-exert myself, and if I feel like I need to slow down then I will. but for now I'm on another drawing kick and I plan to take full advantage of it! ❤️
I'm currently working on a commission for @/FrostyAlmonds and a few other drawings, and I'm really excited to show them off when I'm done! one of my favourite things in the whole world is making drawings for my friends and seeing their reactions to the drawings! I love seeing my friends be really happy when talking about things that they like, I can't help but feel so happy for them! 😄💘

I had a pretty awful day yesterday, I can handle one or two bad things happening but when, like, eight bad things happen all in one day, before I even have to leave for work, then I reach my breaking point. I ended up having a mental breakdown all the way to work, and even for a little over an hour after I got there. It was really not a fun time at all. it was honestly one of the worst days I've had in a very long time.
despite that, though, there is something I'm happy about. I've talked before about how grateful I am to have some really wonderful people in my life, and their love and friendship came for me in the afternoon when I needed it most!! 🥺 I had some very lovely chats with @/King koopa, @/Shellzilla_515, and @/Seastar yesterday on discord, talking to them definitely helped me feel much better, and ofc there are friends whom I didn't talk to, but I know they have their own things to deal with and even in spirit they're looking out for me, as I do them 💕 (to add onto this, I've been talking to @/Merielle and @/xara too, fun times for sure hehe)
along with that, I need to give a shoutout to my coworkers. I was scheduled to work at the front desk for two hours, but I asked one of them if we could switch positions so I could be in the workroom (since I was in tears and I knew I wouldn't be very approachable to patrons) and he said that was perfectly fine, so I appreciated that a lot. one of my older coworkers, who was actually gone when I first got there but came back later, had apparently heard that something awful happened with me (they didn't ask what specifically, but I think it was pretty clear that I was distraught when I got there) and he said I could leave an hour early if I wanted to. I was feeling so tired, my eyes were heavy and my face was kinda burning from dabbing it with cheap tissues all afternoon, so offering to let me go home early was such a blessing and I was thankful for that. there was one more thing that happened, but I'll save that for its own point because it's so lovely aaaaa!

so one of my coworkers keeps monarch butterflies as a hobby, and she often brings in a mesh closed-in hamper with butterflies, or even chrysalises and caterpillars, to show off in the children's area. she likes to bring in butterflies so that she can release them into the wildflower field next to our library, which I think is really awesome 🦋🧡🌼
yesterday she brought her mesh hamper and six monarchs which she had left in the children's area, but when she noticed that I was visibly very upset (I'm not good at hiding my emotions honestly, nor do I like to most of the time), she wrote me a little note letting me know that she was releasing these butterflies soon and that I was invited to watch. I hadn't been able to watch in the past, because I work in circulation and I can't really just take time away from my post like that. but I decided yesterday that I deserved to see it. she also brought the monarchs into the workroom and sat them on my desk, so I could watch them for a bit. they're so cute honestly, I love when they slowly flap their wings when they're perched. and of course I got to go outside and watch her release them, it made me feel so happy 😭💕
she even gave me one of her little tiny origami frogs!! she has a lot of them and there are actually quite a few scattered around the desks and computers at the library (it's a bit of an inside joke with us) and I thought it was so sweet that she specifically gave this one to me 🐸 the other side of the note said that she hoped I would feel better soon and I could talk if I needed to 💜
20230828-155917.jpg

here are the monarchs! not even gonna lie, as a Bug myself I really love vibing with buggies hehe 🥰
20230828-161140.jpg
20230828-161209.jpg
lastly wanted to mention, late last week she brought in the hamper with some butterflies, a lot of chrysalises, and a single caterpillar. she said that she named the caterpillar after me (my actual name ofc), and I told her it was very fitting because my nickname is Bug. apparently I had never told my coworkers that before, because they all thought that was the cutest thing ever hehehe. anyways, yesterday she informed me that the caterpillar had formed its chrysalis the day before, but it was funny because instead of crawling up to the top of the hamper, or even on the wall, it formed it on... the zipper. yes, on a zipper. she said she'd never seen this before, and I told her I thought that was great because that means the caterpillar is quirky just like I am ☺️
the cherry on top was that her mom said this caterpillar seemed to be neurodivergent, and I just love that. I don't know if any of my coworkers know that I'm autistic (I don't believe I've told them) but I have a feeling I give off that vibe anyways. I think it's so adorable that they named this caterpillar after me and, as it turns out, I really do vibe w it on so many levels ksjdfksdf 💖 I'm definitely gonna watch her release it when it's ready, and honestly even if it's never ready she can still take special care of it for me 💕💕💕💕

a few days ago I received my hold for a book that I found in our library consortium! for context, earlier last week I saw a book that someone had returned, about older muscle cars. and it made me think, why don't I try to find a book about my favorite car of all time, the Volkswagen Sambabus? I did just that, and I ended up finding a book which goes into detail with the car's history, as well as both the Type 1 (as we like to say, split window) and Type 2 (bay window) and their specs. it's such a cool book honestly, the sambabus has been my favourite car since I was about 12-13 years old so I absolutely love reading and learning about them!! this seems like it would make for a great coffee table book, so I may end up seeing if I can find a copy for my own personal collection! ❤️
I love that the cover features that really weird train car sambabus too 😂 there are actually a lot of really quirky buses in here hehe. that's why I love it so much, it's so strange but really awesome and I vibe with it haha!
20230825-181852.jpg

if I may piggyback off of @/Shellzilla_515's post a bit, I now know that there exists a giant Cat Luigi plush and I feel like I need it now omggggg 💚 actually, if by some chance there exists a giant Kitsune Luigi plush it would honestly have my whole heart and I would find myself not being able to live without it lol 😭🦊💛
and ofc I always appreciate seeing him ramble about cars, real or toys hehehe

I found a picture a few days ago, describing why and how Waluigi is in fact a non-binary icon (it's canon idc what Nintendo says), and I absolutely love it lol 💜 especially the flag!! I may or may not have stolen the flag for personal use lmaoooo
waaah.png

Ds-P94rf-Wk-AAXLVJ.jpg

one of my favourite things about having Discord Nitro is that I can create my own emojis, so I've been making emojis for all the Super Mario enemies that I really like. I shared them with my brother a few days ago and he seemed to be quite pleased with them as well 😂 I'm sure I'll be coming up with even more soon, then I'll really have a while squad goin lollll
Screenshot-20230824-164343-Discord.jpg

one last little thing I wanted to mention, I'm saving up money to take a trip that I'm very excited for!! ☺️✨

also happy to report that I'm being assimilated by my Canadian friends haha, they've pressured me int--I MEAN, they've got me spelling like them, and eventually I'll find myself making those maple syrup ice pop things in the middle of a winter snow storm 🍁
why do I hear "one of us, one of us, one of us" in the background oops

Last edited:
- The beanie I ordered arrived today! I tried it on and it looks super cute too, I've been wanting one from this brand for a while, and it'll keep my head warm in winter 🥰
hervia.com-cjlss23ceb10-chunky-ears-beanie-col.-ecnvst-1670846148Striped-Beanie.jpg

- Also got notified that the other clothes I ordered shipped today, so I'm hopeful that they'll actually be delivered before I go on holiday, which would be ideal since I got them specifically for my trip 😅

- Made some fruit scones today and they turned out really nice, my dad enjoyed them too. I froze a bunch so I'll have a steady supply for the next few weeks 😋

- I finally managed to eat after 30-something hours. Whenever I get sick, I only have the energy to drink, so it's an amazing feeling when I do end up eating.

- I get to see my friends in a couple of days! It's been hell without them around.

- My fever's going down, thank God!

- My mom is forcing my little brother to stay away from me because of said sickness. It's so peaceful.

Today I'm happy because,

- I slept well finally last night and have been productive at work. 📊

- I ordered tacos for lunch because of Taco Tuesday, and they were delicious! 🌮

- I'm just about finished with my daily runs of Honkai: Star Rail. Good timing too since the new update will be out tonight! 🎮

- The weather outside is sunny and peaceful. ☀️

- I thought the Texas Rangers had lost again yesterday, but turns out they defeated the New York Mets 4-3 in a gutsy effort. Still one game back of the Seattle Mariners now and tied with the Houston Astros. ⚾ 🔥

- New TBT friendlies sessions were posted. That always makes me happy. :giggle:

- I'm sure other people are better about it, but sometimes when a few things turn south in a day for me I tend to panic. But we have to remember that there are still so many good things that happen each week and never take what we have for granted. I think when my outlook isn't so clouded like that is when I'm at my strongest. Just some food for thought. :coffee:

I came out to my friend as non-binary after explaining a situation to them, and they were surprisingly supportive?? She was a little confused at first until I actually used the words “non-binary” since I was beating around the bush, haha. She said it was totally fine and she even changed my name in her phone to Blue.
We became closer over the past day or so, and she’s starting to open up to me more. She's having a rough time in general lately but I'm glad she trusts me enough to let me be there for her. Again, I'm usually the one being comforted but she reassured me that I've been amazing. It's nice to know.
I went out with my favorite person to get some hot chicken wings and milkshakes. There was so much stuff we had to talk about and I'm glad we are all caught up now.
I was reminded that my Disney World trip is now less than two weeks away. I'm so excited for this adventure.

I got the funniest picture of my tuxedo kitty sleeping with his eyes open on the couch with me 😭 his little paws were twitching in his sleep too. he is the goofball incarnate!!
IMG-5510.jpg
Became an Expert Alchemist in Fantasy Life and finally made some progress in the story afterwards! I'm not usually a huge fan of desert areas in games because I keep thinking about how miserable I'd be in that kind of heat, but I love Al Maajik's vibes so much!! 🎃 Odin and I are gonna be besties!
I watched some Youtube with my family this evening! We got to see Grian's POV of the team competition he did with SmallishBeans, SolidarityGaming, and GoodTimesWithScar, and it was really fun to watch. We're going to have to see what happened in everyone else's POVs later!
Had the last piece of the cake I baked the other day and it was super good!! ;v; Even if it went really fast between me and my parents ahahaha My dad also brought home a 70% cacao dark chocolate bar with sea salt that we all took a third of, and that was lovely as well!

Great day today for me!
  • I'm thankful that work ended on a good note.
  • The weather was nice with sunny skies.
  • Today is my birthday! It felt like a regular day to me since I had to work (rip), but wow, I'm thankful for existing and seeing what life has to offer!
  • When I got home from work, I got to eat some delicious food that my mother made for me in celebration for my birthday! She cooked spaghetti and even made leche flan which I did not get to eat for over a year! My dad bought mocha cake for me as well and what can I say, I really love the yummy food. 😋 Of course, my family sang happy birthday to me too! 🎂
  • I was greeted with a lot of birthday greetings by members on here when I logged onto TBT. I don't really expect a lot of people to drop by, but I appreciate the kind gestures. 😭 I love the small details from a few others how they added a car emoji in their greetings hahaha. 🚗
  • Speaking of which, I played Gran Turismo 7 so I could get a car as a birthday gift! What did I get this year?
It's basically a fictional car, but I got a 2017 Peugeot L750R HYbrid VGT! I drove it around for quite a while and it's pretty wack design wise haha.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230829183226.jpg

However, nothing tops the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) that I got last year which I really appreciate so much, especially since I saw this exact car (but in a different colour) earlier in the year while I was at college. Here's a pic of the two cars I've mentioned in the same shot! And in case you're wondering, yes, the setting takes place in a toy city lol.
Tomica Town__13.jpeg

While I didn't see any awesome cars irl today, just driving these two on my birthday in a video game still makes me very happy. 😊

Today I'm happy because:

- I'm not feeling as depressed as I was yesterday. Still a bit down, but getting better. 🌥️
- My dog was also acting a little off yesterday but seemed back to his usual self today. He even snuggled with me on the couch this evening. 🐶
- I had a really light day at work, which I was grateful for because I didn't sleep well the past few nights. I had time to take a nap about mid morning and that really helped. 💤
- I received some rewards and recognitions from my coworkers and I gave some out as well. 💸
- I used my rewards that I've accumulated over the past few months to make a donation to the Maui Humane Society to assist with their efforts to rescue and treat animals injured during the wildfires. ❤️‍🩹

Back