• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Although we weren't able to get any Pillsbury Halloween cookies or Halloween-themed Oreos today, we were able to get some Little Debbie frosted brownie pumpkins!! 🎃 Hopefully we'll be able to get the other stuff further into October.
So as some of you might remember, after my doctor's appointment the other day, I ordered a few bromides for myself as a treat afterwards. Most of them got here just fine, but unfortunately the last one arrived badly bent up—thankfully I was able to get a refund for credit, and with it I got this button badge of Lupin from Code: Realize that I really love!! It even came in a really cute wintry drawstring bag as a bonus. ;w;
sailor Lupin & drawstring pouch.jpg
I watched some Youtube with my parents! We've started watching Grian's Decked Out Phase 3 run compilation.
I played further on my new Stardew Valley file! I gained a ton of hearts with Emily thanks to her birthday and made some great progress on the farm! I've also unlocked the rather crucial Hat Mouse's shop and I have a few hats to buy from there soon, but I'm waiting until I have my coop set up and get a couple of chickens first.

My dad finally was able to go home. They took over 2 liters of fluid from his lung during his total hospital stay. Insane. But I'm glad he is at home where he is more comfortable and sounds better. He'll have more imaging and stuff done later to keep an eye on his lung and see if his rib will ever heal. It's been broke for so long. I'll be able to see him later this coming week after he has settled in.

A long time friend stopped by yesterday that I haven't seen or heard from for a few years which was nice to see though I am concerned about them.

I feel pretty good today aside from horrible allergies. Seems like I've had them all summer.
So I do think today will be a nice day. My spouses friend is staying for a week which is always fun as we play video games and watch anime most of the time.

- my mom met with her occupational therapist today and she helped order my moms new wheelchair. Just for a basic ass wheelchair it's 5k but luckily my parents insurance covers it.
- my aunt is having me & sister over for dinner this weekend cause it's canadian thanksgiving
- my dads bday is tmo so i'm making him a homemade card. He keeps every card i make him even if they suck. I asked him if hes wants to do anything fun, he said no he just wants to watch sport ball on the tv uninterrupted. Fair enough old man

Happy today because,

- It's the weekend! 💚

- I got up early and ordered my favorite caramel-flavored coffee drink since I was out of coffee. :coffee:

- My kitty cuddled in bed with me for a bit this morning. 🐱

- The weather outside is sunny with some clouds and lovely. 🌤️

- I've been productive at work today. 📊

- I completed another perfect run of Memory of Chaos in Honkai: Star Rail, so now I'm guaranteed and have enough tickets to get the upcoming character Jing Liu... for free! 🥳

- I also got C1 Neuvillette yesterday in Genshin Impact at around 29 or 30 pity without expecting it at all! 🎮

- I've been getting better sleep recently and feeling a lot better because of it. 💤

- I'm super excited for the Rangers versus Orioles ALDS starting this weekend. Even if we don't win, we'll give em' hell! ⚾ 🔥

This week really hasn't been the best for a few reasons, but there are still things to be happy about ✨

- It's the weekend and I have no plans, so I'm gonna rest a lot and get some things done that I haven't had time to do.

- I've done a good amount of drawing this week, and rather than just doing studies I actually managed to start something original as well. I'll probably post the sketch once I'm happy with it.

- It's getting colder, and I can probably start using my weighted blanket again soon (it's been too hot). It calms me down a lot and I sleep much better with it.

- Might make some soup soon. I love soup.

went to go see a coastal comedy thing that was pretty good overall! got a kebab afterwards, of which i'll eat the rest for lunch heh. and the guy serving thought i was a guy which i'm feeling cool about gender-wise but that's something else

oh right and also i'm rediscovering big time rush

I got my first two chickens on my new Stardew Valley file and officially started dating Emily!! Also found the garbage hat, so I no longer have to discreetly rummage through everyone's trash. Does that mean I won't do it? No, of course not—it's early game and trash cookies are my primary sustenance
The kitties actually cuddled together today!! ;v; That's quite rare for them ahahaha
I watched some Youtube videos with my family and we saw more of Grian's Decked Out Phase 3 runs! I got to see the Black Mines explored for the first time and I'm honestly loving it, it's super well-designed. (The artifact in tribute to TinfoilChef was also very touching, though sad.) We also realized we accidentally skipped Grian's Phase 2 run compilation, so we'll have to go back and watch it sometime too!

Today I'm happy because:

- I didn't oversleep today.
- I wasn't overloaded with meetings and got all my important tasks done.
- I saw some cute dogs and cats on our afternoon walk.
- I saw one of the bunnies outside! It's been so long since I've seen any of them and I was fearing the worst.
- I watched the newest episode of Lego Masters and there were so many cute kittens!
- I'm looking forward to a relaxing weekend and sleeping in!

wasn't quite sure where to put this, but I'll put it here anyways. prob won't write much this morning, I'll be sure to write more tomorrow though.

I'm leaving to go home today. I still need to finish packing my things, but I've been in Ontario for a week and a half, and soon I'll be making the 7-9 hour trek to get back to central Ohio. it's really bittersweet, I've had such a nice time here but I'll be happy to see my family and my dog again 💕

I just have to say, though, that this trip is probably one of the best things I've ever done. I came here to meet and hang out with my bestest broski @Shellzilla_515 and he did not disappoint one bit. we may not have had the time or opportunities to do everything that we wanted to do, but I'm so, so grateful for the time we've spent together this past week and a half. it's been really amazing for sure. I'm gonna miss you so much broski, I know we will see each other again someday 😭💖💙

before I head home I plan on getting a few more souvenirs to being back with me, I'm excited about that. I may be going back to Ohio, but I'll say that Canada has been really great to me and I'm definitely looking forward to coming back sometime in the future 🇨🇦💞✨

Some happies from today:

- I’ve had seven things due/tests towards the end of this week for uni and it’s almost over which has taken a lot of stress off my brain for now!
- This afternoon I made 2kg of pasta with my family, and we had half for dinner! It was really nice and I haven’t made pasta in years.
- Just had some nice time playing games with family.
- Finished off my night by playing some acnh with my partner!

- Feeling a lot better, my cold has basically gone now!! I feel like every time I start a new year at uni, I get a bad cold, it's the only time I get properly sick all year 😅

- Nearly finished the final season of Fruits Basket, and really enjoying it 🥰

- Ate some homemade soup and a sandwich for dinner tonight, a cozy Autumnal meal 🍂

- It's actually been pretty warm and sunny today, which is a nice break from chilly rain

Happy today because,

- I got to sleep in and woke up at my desired time. After 4-5 days of consistent rest, I'm feeling much more like myself. 💤

- I had a really good breakfast this morning. :coffee:

- I cuddled with my kitty for a bit. 🐱

- The Texas Rangers won game one of the ALDS against the Baltimore Orioles 3-2 in gutsy fashion! I'm so hyped right now. 😁 ⚾ 🔥

- I got an Eidolon for Gepard in Honkai: Star Rail after using one standard ticket from clearing Simulated Universe! What RNG! Maybe I should go buy a lottery ticket today. :LOL:

For bands like Exist Trace simply existing, like omg these guys are honestly one of the most slept on vk bands i've heard and i've only been into their music for like about a year now.

And they are by far one of the best vk bands out there and they defo deserve alot more love imo.

I hihgly reccomend this band alot and they do deserve to work on an anime opneing one day.

My parents and I watched an episode of Fairy Tail and Hunter x Hunter this morning!! We've just finished the Heaven's Arena arc in the latter and we're not too far off from the ending of Fairy Tail now either! 👀
Later on we also got to watch more of Grian's Phase 3 Decked Out runs!! Just a couple more left to go before we have to go back for the Phase 2 runs we accidentally skipped
I upgraded my house on my new Stardew Valley save file, bought all the hats I've currently earned from the Hat Mouse, and made it through the summer!

Back