• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Today I'm happy because:

- I got to sleep in this morning.
- I watched a couple episodes of Jujutsu Kaisen and the newest episode of Spy x Family, which was so cute!
- I watched the season 2 finale of Wheel of Time. I can't wait for more. At least I have the books to tide me over.
- I spent some quality time with my husband and my dog.
- I'm hoping for another lazy day tomorrow.

It was a Saturday, so in my New Leaf town, I had K.K. Slider play K.K. Oasis (which is my favorite K.K. song), like I said I would, so I have that playing in my main room. ^__^ 🎵🎶

Also, a commission came in for one of my OC ships: Maurice (left) x Skye (right) <3333 🌃🌌🌃💙💙💙🌟🌟
sparkling_stars__comm__by_serpanade_toons_dgax295-fullview.jpg

This week has been pretty great for me after getting lots of opportunities to hang out with @/xSuperMario64x! To say that it's amazing is a huge understatement. It's a lengthy post, so I'll just put it in a spoiler! I meant to post yesterday, but it was getting late...
October 2, 2023
  • Bug and I went for a walk in a park. There was an area where we were surrounded by a lot of trees, so that felt nice. I also got to see some of his drawings and sketches in person after finding a spot to chill for a while, most notably the one he did for @/kiwikenobi!
  • We went to eat at a restaurant after and I got Bug to try some poutine! He absolutely liked it and we just vibed together after hahaha. 😋🇨🇦

October 3, 2023
  • I got to visit Bug’s place for a little while. I brought my Switch with me which meant that Bug got to watch me play Tears of the Kingdom for a little while! He witnessed me meeting a bunch of spooky gloom hands oops.
  • For the first time ever, I finally had the opportunity to play Animal Crossing on the Gamecube! I didn’t get too far aside from creating my character, planting a bunch of flowers and tree seedlings outside of Tom Nook’s store, and talking to villagers. Speaking of which, the villager dialogue got me laughing pretty hard and I can definitely see why people complained about the dialogue being lackluster in New Horizons (and New Leaf too). The likes of Rasher, Freya, and Sue E were absolute savages calling me a psycho or creep just because I spoke to them at 2:30 in the morning lol (the clock from Bug’s Gamecube doesn’t work unless the system is powered on hence why it was incorrect).
AC.png
  • Believe it or not, he brought his computer too, so I got to see numerous digital drawings from him and it was great seeing the individual layers of his works underneath the finished product!
It's my animal villager OC Pag-asa, except he's full of sticks lol. Reference
The rough spiky sun.png

The art containing a galaxolotl will always be amazing to me.💙 Reference
Marco and the Galaxolotl.png
  • We went karting and had a lot of fun! At one point, I ended up lapping Bug after I almost finished doing a certain number of laps. Prior to that, he was driving at a fair pace. But as soon as I lapped him, it felt like his inner racing spirit sparked inside of him and actually kept up with me! I like that. 😂
  • I continued playing Tears of the Kingdom a while after I got home, getting more pieces of gear and discovering a shrine!

October 5, 2023
  • Bug and I drove to another park, this time being close to the lake! Hearing the waves splash along the shore felt calming.
  • During our time chilling there, it was also a golden opportunity to try out some food we made for each other. Bug brought some buckeyes and ate quite a few pieces because they tasted good. As for myself, I brought some chicken adobo and rice so he can get a bit of a taster from my culture! It made me really happy that he ended up liking it, and even brought some chips too. 🇺🇸🇵🇭
I'm sorry, but they were delicious. 😅
Buckeyes (with some that were eaten oops).png

October 6, 2023
  • My mother and sister got to meet Bug for the very first time! This also means that they got to see his silver fox plushie, Sterling. Anyways, I’m relieved that things went all right, especially when my mother did her best to use Bug’s preferred pronouns even though she slipped up a few times. 🏳️‍⚧️ I guess I learned something new about my mother. 💙
  • I finally got an opportunity to drive Bug’s funky Volkswagen New Beetle convertible hahaha.
  • We went to the Filipino supermarket and bought some chips. Bug got to choose some for himself and also tried turon! For good measure, he ate spaghetti from Jollibee for the first time!
  • After traveling to the supermarket and dropping off my mother and sister near my house, Bug and I went to the cinema and watched the Barbie movie (even though he already watched it once oops)! Anyways, I quite enjoyed it, and I can see why a couple of people on here (hint: it’s @/Xara and @/Kitsuragi lol) are passionate about it. ✨
  • Once we finished watching the movie, Bug and I went to a library to relax… and also made a traditional drawing for each other. It was nice watching him draw in real time especially when it came to colouring. It’s so good, and I really want to show what it looks like even though he’ll likely share it in his art thread anyways lol.
Just two cattos being furry loaves, which are two of Bug's many OCs! By the way the red cat is named Solmew while the blue cat is named Lumew.
Moon loaf and sun loaf.png
  • Continuing on from the previous point, I had my chance to make a drawing for Bug and it took me roughly an hour to complete. He watched me draw throughout and I appreciate his compliments about my drawing skills, especially since I haven’t actually done traditional drawing in quite a while (I mainly do digital). As an added challenge, we were exclusively using pencil crayons from a dollar store, so whatever mistakes I made stayed on there. And despite all that and some inevitable art lean, I had a lot of fun and felt pretty happy with the outcome considering the limited tools I had!
I thought that for this time I had with Bug vibing together, I drew three of his OCs that I initially attempted to make for him back in 2021! I’ve come full circle not once but twice lol. From top to bottom, it's Azulo, Flynn, and Toucat!
Azulo, Flynn, and Toucat.png

For the curious eyes, I dropped down my older art of the trio to see where it started. 😄
Bird-Cat-Flynn-Azulo-final-product.png
Flynn-Toucat-Azulo-V-2.png

This ended up being the last day I got to see Bug before he had to return back home to his state. A lot of tears came out, but no doubt that we've made a ton of happy memories along the way. 😭💙

Over the past week
  • A couple of points recurred throughout the week that should have a small section on its own. For starters it’s always nice getting to ride in Bug’s New Beetle and even going for a car stroll!
  • Feel free to skip this point. Of course, being crazy for cars, I’ve pointed out a few more recognizable ones so Bug can expand his car identification game just a little bit lol. The cars I saw throughout the week were the Lexus SC430, a Ferrari California, a Mazda Miata (NA), a Honda CR-X del Sol, a Porsche 911 GT3 (997), and a Mazda Miata (ND)! However, there’s one more car that Bug has been blessed to witness not once, not twice, not thrice, but FOUR TIMES. That’s right, for the first time ever in his life, he finally got to see a Honda S2000 in person! Two of them were in silver, one in red, and one in yellow!

October 7, 2023
  • The temps got fairly chilly for a good chunk of the day and I'm happy about that! It was really hot a few days ago for some reason.
  • While things went back to usual for me, work went fine.
  • I watered the plants at home.
  • I'm happy to hear from Bug that arrived back home to his state safely. 💜

• Finall slept, I worked two back to back shifts the previous two days. Friday till 11:30pm then Saturday 8:45am to 12:45pm. They weren't super long shifts it's just I didn't get home till after midnight friday night because I take the bus and I couldn't get to sleep and I had to leave early to get the bus again at 7:30am so I just didn't go to sleep. What sucked even more was that I got stuck in a huge rainstorm, cold wind, raining super hard, raining sideways, etc on my way home from work Saturday so I was soaked even with an umbrella and cold and exhausted. Which put me in a bad mood. But I slept great last night and feel a lot better now :)
  • I have today and tomorrow off from work
  • Had my violin lesson today and it went really well
  • I got a Redragon wireless gaming mouse, it changes color :D
  • I bought Life is Strange 2 and Life is Strange: True Colors for my xbox one
  • Enjoying the anime Forest of Piano, it's motivating me to be a better musician!

- Although I was awake for a few hours in between, I managed to sleep from 1am to 11am. Hopefully that means I got more than 6 hours in total, which is good for me 🙌🏻

- Had a Bakewell tart with my morning coffee. (Technically it was 1pm, but that's basically morning to me.)

- I did indeed make soup. This one was mostly made with roasted peppers and carrots, and I ate it with some nice bread.

- Finally had time to play Genshin for long enough to progress the story a bit. The rest of the day is free to relax and maybe do some more drawing if I feel like it.

- Still feeling worn out, but better than I was feeling before!

I’m happy today because it was so nice out this morning. It was finally in the 70’s for the first time in forever. Me and Aurora got a nice walk before I went to work.
It is my last day of work before I’m on vacation for 6 days . It’s been a busy day so far but good.
It will be nice all day so I will be able to get Aurora a second walk when I get home.
My mom and I finished the puzzle we were working on and will soon start the Halloween one.
A7B8FA7B-F5E7-4EBB-B81D-5D6E0586C96A.jpeg

Finall slept, I worked two back to back shifts the previous two days. Friday till 11:30pm then Saturday 8:45am to 12:45pm.
I did the same Friday into Saturday. Worked 10am until 10pm Friday then 6am until 3pm Saturday. I’m so happy I will be able to sleep in tomorrow.

- got an extra credit point on a quiz because my class isn't reading through the materials all the way & i found a sneaky message hidden in a document to message the professor and get an extra point!
- got off work and it's chilly outside, busting out my sweatshirt from my trip to colorado earlier this year.
- hot cocoa abound tonight

Happy today because,

- I got to sleep in and had a wonderful breakfast. :coffee:

- The weather has been nice again. ⛅

- I played with my kitty some. 🐱

- Got to play some more video games. 🎮

- I'm on episode 158 of my Black Clover dub binge, so only around 10 more episodes to go to finish the dub. Really looking forward to watching Spy x Family season 2 and The Rising Of The Shield Hero season 3! 📺

- The Texas Rangers launched an offensive barrage against the Baltimore Orioles and won today 11-8, taking a commanding 2-0 series lead. Just need one more win to advance to the ALCS for the first time since 2011. It's also the first time in franchise history the Rangers have started the postseason 4-0. Somehow I feel like my mom is watching over them and guiding them to victory. ⚾ 🔥 💚

-I'm still tired, but a day off is a day off.

-Got to watch the ghost hunting collab between Kallmekris and CelinaSpookyBoo on Youtube. They visited the Trans Allegheny Lunatic Asylum. It was fun to watch once things got serious and spooky.

-Job hunted for a bit. No dice, but I feel better about doing something again.

-Mom made me feel a bit better.

-I'm excited for next Friday. Never thought that I would be excited for a Friday the 13th.

-Now I'm going to force myself to do something that's not just scroll on my phone.

- No one has school/work tomorrow (thank you, Canadian Thanksgiving!), so we're going to have some friends over. They live an hour out of the city so we don't see them much. Only downside is I need to clean my room (I haven't done that in like 4-5 months and now I can barely see the floor. This is becoming a problem...), and I have no motivation to do such things. However, my alarm is set to go off at 6:30, and I can't go back to sleep after that, so maybe I'll get it all done before noon.

- My cat was very cuddly today. He usually only cuddles with my mom, so any time he cuddles with me is a good time. Did he choose to lay on my arm, making me unable to type? Yes... but cat cuddles are cat cuddles and I'll take what I can get.

- My mom had me help clean the house, and I'm happy to say that we're pretty much done! I just need to move some things from the dining room to my room... and clean my room... which will take 3-6 hours even though it's smaller than some closets I've seen... but then again, only two people getting the majority of our house clean... not too shabby!

- My theatre class starts up on the 14th! I'm super excited to see everybody again, 5 months is way too long for me to go without them.

- Super hyped for the Halloween event! I can't wait to see what the staff has put together!

Today I'm happy because:

- I got to sleep in and had another lazy day at home. 💤
- My husband and I watched football all day. Unfortunately, both of our teams lost but at least our games were broadcast. 🏈
- I received a kind and thoughtful message from @Mr_Keroppi. 🐸
- Glow Shrooms hit tonight! I can't wait to see the lineups people make with them. 🍄💚💙💜
- The Halloween event is getting closer! 😈

Spy x Family is back!!! My parents and I got to see the new episode this morning and it was great! Poor Yor omg
I'm really excited for the upcoming Halloween event and also for the SSBU session on Saturday!!
I played some more Stardew Valley and got to see Emily's ten heart scene for the first time! ❤️ Ahh it was so cute ;w;
We also watched the rest of Grian's runs of Decked Out Phase 3!
Two out of the seven Famous Mushrooms I bought transformed into Glow Shrooms!!! 🍄💚💙💜 One of them was even one of the two I purchased earlier today after temptation got the better of me, so I'm really glad that turned out to be a good idea after all! I love the Glow Shroom so much and I've never had any luck with collectible transformations in the past, so I'm super happy this worked out so well ;v; I feel like there's a lot of lineup potential here, and I really like the regular Famous Mushrooms too, so I think I'll keep all seven!

just really happy about my new tabletop easel that I ordered..
It arrived today and it is just perfect. It's made of actual wood and is super sturdy. 🥹 There's too many horrible, flimsy $50+ plywood tabletop easels out there, let me tell you...

Also really looking forward to TBT fair Halloween edition!!! I hope there's a cooking/baking challenge 🧡🖤🧡🖤

I’m excited to be able to wear the hoodie I recently purchased online. I won’t post any pictures until it arrives since the stock photos don’t really do it justice.
I am exactly one week into my “new” job I transferred to full-time. I have five days next week, a mixture of openings and closings. I prefer mornings, but I stated that I’m alright with either. I’m also being paid more at this job, which I assure you didn’t impact my decision to transfer.
I received a very sweet message along with some bells from @Mr_Keroppi yesterday morning and it made me smile.

I tried the infamous Pink Drink with chocolate cream foam from Starbucks today and it was delicious. I would definitely get this again, haha.

- I probably should be pissed instead, but I got my first New Leaf barge-in (which was by Rooney) since restarting my town. I don't know why, but they always brighten my day, especially in New Leaf. ^_____^ 🥰🥰🥰 But of course, it had to happen while I was doing some decorating. o_O

I was actually spending some time in my house daily to see if/when it will happen, then it finally does, as I place some furniture.

What was weird is that when I left my left room to talk to him, he left a millisecond after I pressed the A button to exit the text bubble (I left it on that dialogue bubble for a bit, since my dad needed to talk to me about something).

Usually they give you gifts, but I couldn't get one this time, due to leaving it on the dialogue as I went to talk to my dad, then him (Rooney) left right after I exit that dialog. o_O. Oh well, at least I still got to meet him in my main room and say hi. ^^

This barge-in chaos, especially in New Leaf, really boggles my mind. I have so many more chaotic stories of them from previous towns... ._.

I wonder if they will mail you a gift in cases where they do not give you one while visiting. I guess I will find out tomorrow... 🤔🤔🤔

I was almost starting to believe Nintendo secretly removed this feature from New Leaf a year or two ago. It took longer for it to happen than I predicted. Plus, I was watching some of Mayor Mori's Let's Play episodes on New Leaf (which came out last year), including ones that he was MONTHS into the game, and I never saw it happen to him. I heard that you DO have to have a relatively high friendship for this to occur, which explains why it can take a while for it to start happening. However, I have read that it usually starts happening right before that particular villager gives you their picture, but sometimes it won't even happen to me until AFTER they do. Rooney gave me his picture...TWICE before it happened! O,O

Honestly, I am glad that it isn't removed after all. I know these barge-ins have put me through a lot of chaos over the years and seem to happen when I am in the middle of something, but I still somehow love them with a burning passion, especially in New Leaf. :,)

In real life, however, yeah...that's where I genuinely HATE that type of stuff!

- Reached 100,000 points from the HHA (villager pictures give you a lot of points apparently). As a result, I got the gold HHA trophy and the silver badge for it. <333

- Did the treasure hunt event for the first time in New Horizons, per Astrid's request. I found the treasure. <3333

- Did a livestream on YouTube that some of my friends attended. ^.^

- A Gacha Club mod just came out (Gacha Nebula), so I have been fooling around on it as I wait for Gacha Life 2 on the 11th. <3333

- I went grocery shopping today.
- Read a book in the afternoon and so far, the story is exciting.
- Completed some homework and received an A on a test.
- Worked on a portrait drawing. I'll post it here when I'm done.
- Spent time with the cats and gave Luna some head scratches.
Luna getting head scratches.jpg
- Received a kind message from @Mr_Keroppi with some bells.

Back