• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I watched a good bit of Eyeshield 21. It's not completely dubbed so I opted for subtitles. The inaccuracy of how sports are portrayed in anime is hilarious, but I genuinely enjoy seeing sports being incorporated into anime nonetheless. I’m hooked on this one.
I had a great day at work today. I saw one of my favorite people for the first time today in a few months. She is going seasonal for personal reasons, though, so this may be the last time for a while. Still, I’m happy I had the chance to see her.
I saw Keagan last night. He was so sweet and well-behaved unlike the other very noisy dogs in the neighborhood. He even got a new lambchop toy!
The hoodie I vaguely mentioned here finally arrived. As promised, here it is. Strangely enough, it has a DRI-FIT material which is not something you’d expect from an anime hoodie. However, I’m happy with the print and Mob looks badass. There’s no better way to put it.
IMG_3240.jpeg
IMG_3241.jpeg

• I had a decent day at work today
  • I work tomorrow then I'm off for 3 days 😃 Oh and I have the day off on Halloween!!! So I'm gonna bake some chocolate chip pumpkin bread and celebrate!!
  • My cats are sweet and I love being greeted by them when I come home, I always miss them when I'm gone 🐈‍⬛❤️

someone asked me a lot of questions about my OCs and their story, and it gave me a great opportunity to write a lot of things out that I've been withholding due to writers block. it felt so good to finally get some of my stuff... out there in the world again. gah im still excited about talking about my OCs. it makes me so happy.

I'm pretty sure that there was something else that I was happy about, but I can't remember anymore. Therefore, I'm glad that the second episode of Sam&Colby's week at The Conjuring House was very entertaining. I don't know if it's real footage, but, damn, were the machines active.

Today I'm happy because:

- My husband shipped the nephews' presents so I didn't have to make a trip to the post office. They should arrive on their actual birthday.
- I had free pizza for lunch.
- I got to leave work early and had a good massage therapy session.
- I saw some cute dogs in vehicles on my way home.
- I saw an opossum climbing a tree while walking my dog tonight.

I've been away because my trip to Ontario honestly opened my eyes and made me rethink almost everything I thought I knew about my life. it left me absolutely shook, and I was  not anticipating that kind of reaction out of myself, good lord.

I've been doing some soul searching these last few weeks, trying to figure out what it is that I really want to do with my life, trying to look into my own heart and understand what's been troubling me, trying to understand my own behaviour and how it all falls in line in terms of my experiences (autism, mental health, relationships). and I think I'm starting to make sense of it all now, I have an idea of what I want to do and where to set my ambitions and goals. I've learned that patience is a virtue and time really is on my side, and I've also learned that ambition may very well be my saving grace. I'm willing to start working and putting in the effort now, to create the life that I want later, and it's very exciting. of course, I don't want to live in the future (and I've been guilty of that lately), I want to embrace and enjoy the present, so I'll live and work in the moment and keep my hopes and dreams tucked safely in my heart and mind. 💖

I don't think I'll be returning from my hiatus just yet, I have a lot of decompressing and self-care to do, and I'm still getting my job and living situations sorted out. but I'm gonna try my best to participate in this event as much as I can, hoping to get a plushie for one of my dearest friends 🥺💙

Today I'm happy because,

- I did it! I beat my Pokemon SoulSilver Nuzlocke challenge, earned a three-peat victory, and have won 10 Nuzlocke challenges total now! After hundreds of failed attempts, it's nice to be able to say I have good experience at this now. 🎮

- Yesterday was my dad's birthday, but it was also the opening game for the Dallas Mavericks, and they took on the San Antonio Spurs and #1 prospect Victor Wembandaya... and won 126-119! Lively II was explosive in the second half for the Mavs and Luka Doncic and Kyrie Irving hit some clutch threes in the 4th quarter to seal the game. 🏀 🔥

- I had a bit of extra money from my tax return, so I whaled for and won 4 50/50s in a row in Honkai: Star Rail to get Jingliu's Light Cone "I Shall Be My Own Sword" to max superimposition! 🎮

- After several days of straight up rain, the sun is finally out and the weather feels great! ⛅

- Tomorrow is the start of the World Series between my Texas Rangers and the Arizona Diamondbacks. BRING IT ON! 😤

- Just been feeling really great lately. 💚

- Attended my retina exam which went smoothly. I'm glad I'm being referred for genetic testing again because I haven't done that in about 10 years and the tech has advanced considerably since then

- Went on a fun trip to Ikea to look at table lamps (and get distracted by everything else)

- Got animal crackers & Super Mario Wonder

- Got a consultation scheduled for something I've been putting off

how i’m going to sleep tonight knowing matpat made a cameo and the living tombstone played during the credits

IMG_4322.jpeg

☪︎ i saw five nights at freddy’s tonight, after 8 years of waiting!!!!! 😭 i’m too tired to give a proper review or gather my thoughts right now, but i liked it! it wasn’t entirely what i was expecting, nor did it meet all of my expectations, but i loved all of the attention to detail and the callbacks to the games and the lore! i thought josh hutcherson and matthew lillard made a great mike schmidt and william afton, and the animatronics were insane. i was 12-years-old when the first fnaf game came out, so the movie finally happening and getting to see the animatronics and some of the characters on the big screen made my heart so, so happy. 🥹

ִ ࣪𖤐 i had my long-awaited meeting with one of my counsellors yesterday! we were supposed to meet in august, but then i got sick for like a month lol, and then we struggled to find a time that worked for my busy schedule and hers. 😅 but we were finally able to meet yesterday, and it went well! it was a much shorter meeting than i was anticipating (not that i’m complaining lol), and she was happy with some of the progress that i‘ve made!

𐦍 i’ve come up with more lineup ideas (most of which are with the stunning new AN star frag 🌟), and i honestly love all of them so, so much! it’s going to be such a struggle deciding which lineup to display next since i have so many ideas that i adore and am excited about, but this is one of the best problems to have imo. 💜 i can’t wait to see what the mermaid scale egg, vask candy, and new character collectible will look like! if the egg looks even remotely close to what i’m imagining, i think it would pair so nicely with the new star frag!

i think i’ve finally decided on what i want to do for my “forbidden fortunes” entry! i was able to get a little bit of it done last night, and i’m hoping to have the entire thing finished within the next few days! :’)

𖤓 my guess for “wagon of mirrors” #3 was correct, which means i got 3/3 right!! 🥳 i don’t think i’ve ever guessed correctly for every mirror during an event before, so i’m lowkey proud of myself! especially since i’m not sure if this’ll ever happen again LOL. i’m also excited to find out what the raffle was for and who the winner is!

☪︎ i found someone who’s willing to sell me a friendly ghost plush collectible, which means i’ll be able to get all of my must-have collectibles from this event! i‘m buying my ghostly kitty plush tomorrow to commemorate national black cat day (in honour of my late kitty, zeva 🖤), and my AN star frag once i get my “forbidden fortunes” entry in! i’m pretty sure i’ll have enough coins leftover to get another 13-coin collectible if i wanted as well, which i’m very happy about!! i’m even more excited for the mermaid scale egg and vask candy reveals now, as one of them will actually be obtainable for me! 🥹

I got to play further in my current route of Jack Jeanne!! I was hoping to make it through the fall performance before Halloween, so I'm glad I was able to! ☺️
Also beat Spooky's Jump Scare Mansion a second time to obtain the bad ending of the base game! (And then started again to try for the secret/joke ending, but then my tuxedo cat wanted to cuddle and I accidentally fell asleep LOL)
My family and I watched some Youtube together! We got to see SolidarityGaming's first Secret Life episode which was v funny!
I started working on a Stardew Valley tab for my self-insert OC's toyhou.se page! ;v; And thus spent a good portion of the evening looking at Stardew items and deciding what her gift preferences would be. I don't know how many of my self-indulgent headcanons for things I'm going to be willing to air publicly aaaaa but hey it's Stardew

Today I'm happy because:

- When I opened the front door this morning, two squirrels started running circles in my yard. It was so cute!
- I had a good visit with the dentist. They once again praised my at-home care and had to do minimal cleaning during this visit.
- My dog was very excited to see me when I got home from work this evening.
- Only one more day of work before my week off! Hopefully it will be a productive day.

I watched a few more episodes of Eyeshield 21. It's sad that there's barely any merch for this show. I'm really enjoying it.
I saw my favorite person today and she was being weirdly flirty, haha. I personally thought she was just joking so I didn't take it seriously. But it made me happy.
I'm happy about working five days next week, two of which are morning shifts. I prefer working in the morning.
I had some good pulls from those packs of Pokémon cards given to me by my favorite person.

- I have a job interview next week!! 🎉 It's at a store I'd really like to work at too, super surprised because I didn't think I'd even get an interview (I didn't the last time I applied there lol). I only applied last night but they called me the next day! If I can get this job I'll be super pleased, I get valuable work experience and I can save up for travel for an extra 2 years 🥰

- I also have an online video 5 min interview at another shop, so I'll be completing that soon too (y)

- Lots of TV stuff I like is airing this weekend, should be fun :)

- My friend sent me photos of a really cool pumpkin he carved today 🎃

- Some stuff I've been dealing with has finally gone away lmao, thank god. It wasn't anything serious, just annoying.

• I have three days off work! I slept in today, really needed it :)
  • One of my cats woke me up this morning cuddling and purring ❤️
  • I have an appointment with my therapist today
  • I bought a portable charger for my phone so I don't have to worry about running out of battery life when I'm out for a long time like at work or something. Also it has a paw print on it and each toe of the paw print lights up depending on it's level of charge, pictured below. :) now I can use my other portable charger I already had solely for my Nintendo Switch :) I'm still using a Nintendo Switch V1, so it definitely needs a dedicated portable charger because I prefer playing in handheld and my battery in my switch is so old and run down. It was getting annoying relying on one portable charger for two devices I use heavily, so I am glad I have two now! :) Doing what I can to extend it's life because I can't afford a OLED right now
  • I bought some body spray
  • Put a new blue light blocking matte screen protector on my laptop

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2
My desk mat and ghostie sticker/pin set arrived today, and I am so happy with how cute they look! 🥰💜 I don't know where I'm putting the pin yet though (or the stickers for that matter - I just love getting stickers)

BWLYs86.jpg

HuPiFDU.jpg

- I did another one-hour stationary bike session today along with strength training. I've worked out every day this week so far, and I'm feeling good!

- I started my next New Horizons island. I've been inspired by Japanese gardens lately, and have named my new island 'Wisteria.' I forgot how peaceful Animal Crossing can be

- I started my new Lego set and it's absolutely gorgeous so far

- I got all the calls I needed to do done today

- Today I played my keyboard for a bit because it's been collecting dust in the corner of my room. I'm very rusty but I was pleased to find that my muscle memory is still intact! I played some of my favourite songs and started learning a new one (600 A.D. from Chrono Trigger). (Also before you start thinking I'm really cool, I'm not good at playing the piano hahahahaha I just do it for fun)

- Hit AR60 in Genshin 🎉🎉 For those of you who don't play, that's currently the highest level you can reach. It took me almost 2.5 years....

- Got the ghost plush!!!! I can't really find a way to make a nice lineup with it using what I already have but it's really cute.

- Since the weather got colder and I've been able to use my weighted blanket, my sleep quality has been much better.

- I've made a huge amount of progress on my OC project in the past week or two, and it's extremely satisfying to see everything come together!

- I'm going to the woods tomorrow!

Back