• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I saw my friend today! It hurts to call them a friend since we vibe so ****ing well and idk what else to call them for this post and they are consistently avoiding the friend word with me. I don’t think they ever called me their friend, haha. They actually asked me if I wanted to hang out at their house and they have cats! They did ask me if I was allergic to cats so they cared enough to ask! I don’t know when we’re doing it since our days off don’t correlate well… but maybe on a Sunday when I work in the morning and they are off. I’m shocked they even invited me?? I think they want to show me something and I wouldn’t mind seeing them more often either.
My mom got us front row tickets to see Green Day in concert next year! I like them, but I love The Smashing Pumpkins and I’m very excited to see them as an opening act. I haven’t been to a concert for years and it wasn’t the best experience. I think Green Day has a better fan base, though, so I shouldn’t get harassed there. My first mistake was going to a concert I knew was going to be filled with rednecks and conservatives.
I have the best manager I swear, she’s so supportive of my gender identity. I think my name change is still under approval but I also haven’t checked since last night. Either way I love seeing “Kaden” on the schedule. It hasn’t been too hard for people to adjust since it’s not too far off from my biological name.

Edit: MY NAME HAS OFFICIALLY CHANGED! 🤘🏻

Last edited:
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
  • Ordered a pair of non slip boots with Velcro straps. I am absolutely terrified of walking on ice after I slipped a few times in my younger years, usually I wouldn’t bother with non slip boots, but since I’m walking more with Blossom I really wanted a pair. The reviews were all good, so hopefully I will feel a bit safer walking outside! Plus, if my feet swell up I should be able to still fit into them.
  • It has been raining heavily on and off all day, so Blossom and I went into the garden a few times for some playtime. Whenever it started to rain she ran up to the door and was waiting to get back in!
  • Discovered that one of my favourite programmes is returning on Friday, November 24, ‘Two Doors Down’! I’m happy it was announced a few months ago that Doon Mackichan is returning as Cathy, she is my favourite character! The last series wasn’t the same without her! Just found out there is a Christmas special too! :D

Last edited:
These were yesterday, but I'll share them now:

* My brother got KFC for lunch, and I had some fries.

* My dad talked to the nurse that works at the doctor's office I have been going to. He talked to her about getting my guardianship paperwork filled out. After this, THEN my dad will take me to the psychiatrist for the mental evaluation. ^_^

The fairy lights I ordered have already arrived and I seriously love them!! ;w; They're so pretty and combined with my desk lamp (which I barely ever used before) they give my room such a nice cozy atmosphere after dark. It's nicely dim but not so much that I can't see.
I finished Chapter Three in Dragon Quest IV and started Chapter Four! I love the OST for this chapter and I'm enjoying getting to know Meena and Maya's characters better via party chat!
Also played Pokémon Legends: Arceus for a little while! I made some decent dex progress and got to recover a fair few player satchels. c:
My family and I started watching Martyn InTheLittleWood's Secret Life series, which was a blast! We saw a few other shorter videos too.
I got to see new official art of one of my comfort characters!! 💜

Today I'm happy because:

- I got to bed a little bit earlier last night. I really needed the rest.
- My husband helped me wake up in time to make it to the office.
- My earliest meeting was cancelled so I had time to get some water and settle in before starting my day.
- I was able to take a walk on my morning break.
- I had a nice massage therapy session this afternoon.
- I started using the 2nd new skincare product I bought recently since the 1st one didn't cause any adverse affects. I've only used it twice so far and I know it should be too early to see any improvements, but I swear I'm already noticing a difference. I hope this product will eventually give me the results I'm looking for.
- Since things are going well with the cleanser and treatment products, I picked up a moisturizer from the same brand to start using when my current one runs out.
- I'm halfway through the work week. Just two more days to go!

Today I'm mostly happy because I decided to return to the forums! 💚

Aside from that...

- I won 50/50 for Huohuo in Honkai: Star Rail the other day and got her Light Cone on my first try. 🎮

- My Texas Rangers 2023 World Series Champions gear arrived! I kept the long-sleeve shirt and hat for myself and gave the short-sleeve version and other hat to my dad for a belated birthday present. 😇

- I went to martial arts tonight and learned some new techniques. 🥋

- I also tried something new for dinner! General Tso's chicken. I have heard of it before, most notably from @/Psydye on this site, but never tried it. It was really, really good! 😋

- The Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Stars seasons are going well so far, as they're both near the top or at the top in their respective divisions/conferences. Still a lot of season left to be played for both, but I'm excited to see how it goes. 🏀 🏒 🔥

- My week-long vacation for December is officially booked! I cannot wait. I'm SO excited! 🎉

aOgBZM4.png

zMIBP5j.png

Last edited:
- I was super productive last night, I submitted an assignment and and managed to finish off an essay!! It's due in for January so I'm super early with it 😁

- I finally managed to log in to my work schedule app, and I'm pretty happy with the shifts I've got, it's mostly 3 day work weeks for me apart from next week. My boss also gave me a day of paid leave for my Munich trip which I really appreciate 😋

- Had one of my homemade brownies today and it was delicious as always 🥰

Thursday, November 16, 2023

• Got my new winter boots back, tried them on and they are a great fit, extremely comfortable and I think they will be easy to put on when arthritis is bad again. Going to try them outside tomorrow when I walk Blossom. 🐶
  • Managed to play the last tracks of the Mario Kart Deluxe Booster Course! I usually play as Luigi, but I had to play as Diddy Kong as he brought back so many fun, happy memories for me. My Mum never used to play games consoles until I got a Nintendo Wii (then she moved onto the Switch) and one of her first games was Mario Kart Wii and one of her few chosen players was Diddy Kong. I can see Diddy Kong will be my number one player now on MK8 Deluxe. MK Wii/MK8 Deluxe/Wii Sports and ACNH will always be extremely special to me because of the fun we had playing them. I remembered the time in MK8 Deluxe that she asked me to drive around the Animal Crossing track very slowly so she could see all the scenery and characters! That was so funny!
  • Discovered that you can listen to the MK8 Deluxe tracks in the option menu. There are so many great tracks, it’s nice to be able to focus on listening to them instead of racing at the same time!
  • Blossom and I had a great training session today, although she still hasn’t quite mastered rollover, but I am hoping with patience that she will eventually rollover! I don’t know why I didn’t think of this before, but Blossom can move very quickly especially if I try to take a picture of her, so I got a piece of pepperoni and held it behind the camera and she stays still until I’m ready!
20231116_084538-min.jpg

20231116_090010-min.jpg

Screenshot_20231116_122014_Gallery-min.jpg

- I'm making pancakes with whipped cream and hashbrowns & bacon for brunch for my partner and I
- I'm feeling optimistic about returning to work. I went down to the work hall/office for the first time in months and I thought I was gonna die from anxiety but once I got there everything was fine. I am the drama
- my bunny loves his froggy squishmallow bed

☪︎ i’m still in complete and utter disbelief that i’m going to a melanie martinez concert in 206 days. i never thought that i’d be able to say that. 😭 i have been dreaming about this since i was 12-years-old, and it’s finally going to happen in less than a year!! i’m admittedly more anxious than excited right now as i’m still so scared of something going wrong between now and then. i’ve also never been to a big concert like this (14,000+ people will be there), and the thought of being around so many people, whether or not i’ll be able to safely get to my seat etc, has me feeling very big fear, lol. however, i have lots of time to prepare and get myself sorted, and i’m remaining hopeful that everything will turn out just fine! i’m gonna need 206 days just to figure out what i’m going to wear LOL, i refuse to turn up looking anything less than slay as hell.

ִ ࣪𖤐 i went out with my mom last night! i honestly didn’t want to do anything yesterday other than hide in my room and rot (depression + hormones = bad time for xara), but there were things i needed to get, and i knew i would just continue to feel miserable if i did what i felt like doing, so i forced myself to go out. it didn’t make me feel better per-say, but it definitely kicked my brain and my body into gear enough so that i didn’t feel so worn down anymore. i was able to get everything that i needed, as well as a couple of my favourite treats, and being out and amongst other people really was nice. i was even able to do some self-care and drag myself into the shower when i got home, and all of that has helped me feel a bit better and more like myself today. :’) it’s so hard to do the things that i know will help me feel better when i feel so fatigued like this, but i’m proud of myself for pushing through the best that i can. i may only be capable of little things right now, but doing little things is better than doing no things. ❤️‍🩹

𐦍 i’ve been playing with bonk a lot over the past couple of days, and it has really helped me in feeling better as well. putting my troubles to the side and just sitting and playing with her is honestly cathartic, and it helps that she’s so silly and entertaining to watch as well, haha. i’ve noticed that when she goes to bite a toy, she’ll lean her head back and then spring it forward, almost like a snake, LOL. she’s also so happy to be played with that she’ll alternate between playing with her toys, and purring and rubbing up against me. 🥹

i helped make dinner the other night! i made mashed potatoes, and they turned out good! my dad was very appreciative for the help, which made me feel good. ☺️

𖤓 one of the fanfics that i’ve been reading was updated after 2 months, and i read and enjoyed the new chapter a lot! there’s only 2 more chapters to go, and i’m so excited for them!

☪︎ i finally got around to reorganizing my notes in my notes app! now instead of having one big disorganized note, i have several smaller organized notes! finding stuff that i’ve jotted down is much easier now, and i’m very happy!

Watched some Youtube videos with my family and we got to see BigB's second episode of Secret Life!!
Also worked on some personal art this evening! There's other projects I could be working on but ehh my birthday's in a few days and I think I'm going to chill and self-indulge for a lil bit instead

Today I'm happy because:

- I dragged myself out of bed and went into the office again.
- I was able to take a walk during my morning break.
- I had a busy day with meetings, but at least they were spaced out this afternoon which gave me time to get some work done.
- I set up an appointment with my doctor for next week. I was surprised to get in so fast. It's mostly just a check-up, but I do have something I want to ask her about so it'll be a relief to get that done soon.
- My nephew's birthday present arrived a day early! I can work on wrapping it this weekend.
- My husband said he heard a light knocking at the door today. He opened it to check and it was a squirrel tapping at our screen door! Unfortunately, it ran away as soon as he opened the door. I'm just sitting here laughing thinking about a little door-to-door sales squirrel.

1700195185174.png

Haven’t posted here for a couple days, but a lot of good has happened!

- Sunday afternoon I was able to go see a friends final classical guitar performance before they graduate! It was 40 minutes long and it was really nice to hear them play, they’re so talented 😊
- Monday it was raining and storming a lot which was nice ⛈ however I got caught in it when it suddenly started again while on a walk. I was counting the thunder, which started at 11 seconds then slowly went down until the whole sky lit up while I was under a tree and half a second later the massive bang happened. Cars swerved and honked and I had a mini panic as I was holding an umbrella (I didn’t want my switch to get wet in my bag). As scary as it was it was fun to get caught in the rain, walking through the flooded streets.
- I’ve been playing some more totk! Just running around exploring and doing side quests mostly, and I only have a couple shrines left to find! I accidentally got spoiled for something a bit ago and it made me lose motivation for the game, but I’m happy I’ve managed to start again, because I do really enjoy it.
- I went to visit my nanna the other day and was able to help her with a couple things and put up some tinsel!
- Also have been playing some minecraft with friends on a server and am getting close to finishing my house!

Happy today because,

- I finished work for the week! Glad to be able to work from home in my Dallas Mavericks pajamas. 🥳

- I snuggled with my kitty for a bit this morning. 🐱

- I've advanced far into Kanto in my Pokemon SoulSilver Nuzlocke challenge and have 13 gym badges. I can't wait to attempt to get even further! 🎮

- The weather is finally starting to feel like fall here! 🍂

- Just generally looking forward to the weekend so I can get more rest. 💤

Friday, November 17, 2023
  • Blossom and I had a lovely walk this morning. So many more leaves on the ground even from a few days ago. My new boots were a success too! Saw the first outside Christmas decorations in my neighbourhood! 🎄 Blossom was wagging her tail at a large Santa or Candy Cane, I can't make up my mind which! 🎅🍬 She was so snuggly this evening too, and fell asleep on my feet. I didn't have the heart to waken her, so waited until she woke up! Luckily, it was a short nap (compared to usual!) and only had to wait approximately 30 minutes!
  • Bought the 'Last of the Summer Wine' boxset from Amazon as it was reduced in the Black Friday sale. I nearly bought it a few days ago, but forgot! 58 discs, that will keep me busy through the dark nights!

i hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing weekend! make sure to take care of yourselves, and do things that bring you joy. 💕

☪︎ the lovely @ShinyDungeoneer gifted me a ghostly kitty plush!! it was such an incredible surprise to wake up to today, and has honestly made my entire week! 🥹 i’m so, so awed and grateful, and am so excited to come up with lineup ideas with it! tysm again @ShinyDungeoneer, this means the world to me. i’ll cherish my new kitty forever! 🥹💜

ִ ࣪𖤐 i ordered my mom’s birthday/christmas present! she always tells me that she doesn’t want anything when i ask every year, but this year she told me that she wanted a ring to replace the one that she used to wear on one of her pinky fingers. of course, everything that i know about my mom went out the window the moment i had to try and pick something out for her LOL, but i finally found a ring and ordered it for her!
IMG_4636.jpeg

my mom‘s song for me has always been “you are my sunshine”, so this ring immediately jumped out at me as soon as i saw it. she actually already has a “you are my sunshine” ring, but not this particular one, and not one that i, the sunshine, picked out for her lol, so i’m really hoping she’ll like it and that it’ll fit her! it was shipped today and apparently will be delivered by the end of tomorrow, so now i just get to anxiously wait to give it to her. :’)

𐦍 i bought a bunch of art off of etsy last night!! i’m so so hyped, all of it is so incredible and i’m so excited to use it all for future aesthetics!! ☺️

part one of the final season of the crown came out yesterday! i’m lowkey embarrassed that i didn’t know until i saw it on the news yesterday LOL, but i’m very excited! i’m probably going to wait to watch it until the rest of the episodes release next month, but i’m pumped!

𖤓 i cuddled with bonk last night, and played with her today! she decided to let me know that she was in the mood to play by latching onto my leg and biting my ankle (it didn’t hurt), so obviously i had no choice but to oblige, lol. she’s very silly, but i love her! 🖤
IMG_4615.jpeg

she also refuses to let me go to the bathroom by myself. 😭
IMG_4639.jpeg

☪︎ i saw a bunny roaming around outside of my apartment last night! i only got to see it for a moment before it went under a fence, but it was still lovely to see! i don’t see wildlife roaming around here much anymore, so it always makes me happy when i get to see a little critter. 🐇

ִ ࣪𖤐 sold another one of my unused collectibles!

Back