• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

- Today is Friday and it's the end of the week! Really looking forward to enjoying my weekend and time away from work. 🎉

- Speaking of work, I got paid today. 💸

- The Dallas Stars were down against the Washington Capitals 3-1 last night, so I turned it off for a bit... turned it back on at the end of overtime to find out they had tied the game 4-4, and watched them win it in the shootout 5-4!! Much needed win for them, so I'm ecstatic. 🏒 🔥

- Watched the Genshin Impact livestream and am creeping very close to my goal of 14,400 Primogems saved for Navia's upcoming banner. 🎮

- I had a bit of a Pokemon itch so I started a Pokemon Violet Surpriselocke, and started watching Pokemon Journeys again. My goal is to finish all of the Journeys series so that I'm all caught up anime-wise before February! 😁

- I fed my kitties and gave them fresh water, and just did some general cleaning tasks. 🧹

- My vacation starts in a week from now! 🥳

• I applied to a job last night and got a call this morning asking to set up an interview for tomorrow morning! I’m super excited. It’s the same type of job as my last job (retail clothing store) I recently left , I’m hoping it’s a less toxic environment because the specific micromanaging jerk assistant manager isn’t there. He made things unbearable which is part of the reason I left. The other reason was my cat dying and needing time to process that. Ironically enough he used to be a manager at the place I am having an interview for tomorrow. But he’s not there anymore! So hopefully there’s some better people there. They sounded extremely nice on the phone. So we’ll see. I don’t expect managers to be extremely friendly or anything, I mean they have to be professional and are in charge, I just hope to not have to deal with a toxic/obnoxious one which he was. Just even a neutral one is fine. lol
Anyway, really really hoping I get this

- Organized/sorted all the laundry and made a bag up for clothing items to donate
- Did a purge of the bedroom & living room
- Made some roasted sweet potatoes that were delicious
- Video call with my mom & dad
- Got a lot of pent up annoyances off my chest
- Super happy to see so many people interested in tomorrow's SSBU session 🥰

Purging items is the best form of therapy (for me, anyway)

Haven't posted here for a couple days so another combined post!

• On Thursday, I finished the story of totk! I wasn't going to, but I procrastinated on finishing botw for about 2 years and knew I'd never actually want to because it would mean finishing it, so I decided to go for it!
    It was so much fun, I enjoyed it way more than botw's final battle. Throughout the music was just gorgeous and fitted everything so well. The battle itself was so much fun though!! I adored the fact ganondorf could dodge; the battle actually felt like you were versing another player/skilled opponent, and I just found myself smiling throughout it. And the dragon looked so cool?? I also loved that final phase twist as it was something that was pre-established that could be done earlier in the game, and made sense but it felt so cooool also when the massive explosion happened I felt so bad for anyone who was directly below the battle 😭 pretty sure they would be super dead after that The final cutscenes were really beautiful and I enjoyed them a lot, overall not the best with words but I enjoyed it very much 😊 Now I'm going to finishing finding all the caves and wells to fill the void in my heart
  • Yesterday I was looking after my sibling and we went Christmas shopping and got a couple things! We then played some pokemon and watched a movie together.
  • My cats love to sleep under the Christmas tree, I managed to get this picture of him yawning 😭
    1702089510842.png
    1702089535094.png
  • Going out with family to look at Christmas lights tonight!!

Today I'm happy because:

- I was fairly productive at work.
- I received recognition from the company CEO.
- I took the reward that came along with it and donated it to a favorite charity of mine.
- I logged off work on time this evening.
- I did some self-care.
- My dog lay with me on the couch this evening. He's been doing that more often and I love it!
- I'm looking forward to sleeping in over the weekend!

I had some credit that was going to expire on a site I use for secondhand merch, so I decided to treat myself a little and luckily I was able to find a button of one of my comfort characters with some art I've been after for ages, and it got here safely today!! ;w; Super happy to have added it to my collection aaaaa
Went for another walk around the neighborhood today! I think it's starting to get easier at least ahahah. Up and down actual hills is v different than trying to get steps in indoors lol
ALSO we saw what I think was a juvenile bald eagle today??? Decently up-close too. Could've also been a golden eagle with an unusual amount of white markings, but man, it was very stately looking. Also freaking huge.
Made it to 550k followers in Fashion Dreamer!! I think I've found a pretty good rhythm for follower grinding that fits into how I like to play usually.
I made some more progress on my Secret Santa art! I tried something new out and I'm very satisfied with the result!! ;v; Can't be any more specific about it than that yet though aaaaa
I watched some Youtube videos with my mom! Lethal Company videos are quickly becoming one of my favorites ahahaha

Friday, December 8, 2023 - (Part 2)

Yesterday was rather hectic, so never got a chance to write an update!
Warning: This is a bit of a ramble! :ROFLMAO:
  • Some of you will know that Blossom got her spay surgery yesterday (Friday), I was so upset when I saw her walking through the door with her cone on. I knew she wouldn't be herself, but I got a shock to see her look so lethargic and depressed looking. I had a tear in my eye, as even with the way she was, she still was wagging her tail when she saw me. 😭 (I'm ashamed to admit this, but when I first got Blossom I knew I would love her, but I never thought I could love her as much as I do now. I had severe puppy blues at the beginning, as I had never had a pet before even though I'm in my 30s. I know I talk about her a lot here, and you must be fed up of hearing about her, but I love that Basset Hound more than life.) I'm sure you all know that @S.J. was/is a sweetheart and really helped me through that aswell, and never ever makes me feel like a burden! ❤️
  • I need to say a special thanks to @S.J. , I'm sure it was the middle of the night for you, but you still replied and you genuinely did make me feel better. Seriously, everyone needs an SJ in their life and should be prescribed on the health service to cheer people up. I can never thank you enough for everything over the past year and a half I've been here, especially when my Mum passed, I was at my lowest ever. I need to mention @Croconaw @azurill @CylieDanny @Xara @-Blue- Thank you for your lovely messages, you are all so special! (Apologies, I can't mention everyone, but you know who you are!) 💜
20231208_205625-min.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t have any morning shifts next week either which is a shame, but I’m pretty sure it’s to ensure I get my hours. You obviously get more hours closing and you don’t have that “what if” scenario of getting sent home early like you do in the morning because closers stay all night regardless of sales. I’m not too bothered about it since I was likely one of the few people not affected by the cut hours that happen this time of year.
I discovered that one of my coworkers loves traveling and hockey, but she’s a Sharks fan. Unfortunately that’s a rival to my favorite team. She’s transgender and I’m pretty obviously not cis which is funny because we’re the ones (jokingly) arguing about stupid things that don’t matter.
I saw my favorite person last night and she was very sweet despite me getting food in her hair, lmao. I’ll see her again today briefly, so that’s nice.
Blossom looks so adorable in her cone. I’m glad she’s okay and I hope she’s soon back to herself again. Dogs are the absolute best.

♥ There have been some hectic moments this week, but I’m very happy it’s currently the weekend! I’m really grateful to one of my supervisors for helping me get through a heavy workload this week, as it would have been even worse without her. I’m also really grateful to my sweet friend who helped me get through the long days by thinking of me, sending encouraging words, and entertaining me! They are honestly the best!

♥ I've been meaning to say for a while now, I am so grateful for all of the Christmas Lights I’ve received. 🎄💖💗 There are some really heart-warming messages attached, and I’m really grateful for everyone who thought of me! Thank you 💞

♥ I’m happy that I’ve finally started my Christmas shopping… even if it’s only one person so far! I’ve definitely left it later than usual! 😇

@themysterybidder Jenny, I’m so thankful for your sweet words. You are way too kind. 😭💖💗 You have been so kind and generous to everyone on the forums, including me, and I’m so grateful to know someone as kind and amazing as you! You are a wonderful friend, and you truly are a star. I really mean it! Thank you for the gift. ❤️❤️

♥ I am of course thankful for every day I get to see Blossie’s sweet face. 💖 She looks so cute, it's like she wears that cone as a fashion accessory. Wishing her the speediest recovery, deserves all of the love. 🥰🥰🥰

haven't been on here for a while but I'm so so so happy to have received christmas lights collectibles from friends!! ❤️ i was very surprised going on here and seeing a full lineup of it already, you don't know how happy christmas lights make me and knowing these were gifts from special people, it makes me wanna cry 🥹 got to look back at the ups and downs of it all this year, i'm a sucker for memories and I'm just so happy to have made so many of them because of TBT 🫶 to many more years to come!!!

would like to tag everyone who's sent me christmas lights so far, you guys made me extremely happy just knowing you thought of me aghhjkgks 🥹😭💕
@-Blue- @lieryl @digimon @Midoriya @Xara @Cheremtasy @That Marshal Fangirl @IonicKarma @Blink. @kikotoot @Firesquids @Alolan_Apples

sorry for being cheesy but um!! yes thank you for coming to my cheesy ted talk

1702142295940.png

Saturday, December 9, 2023

• Blossom has been fine apart from being more tired than usual!
  • I started to convert the other family videos I found at the beginning of the week. I was so happy to see that my Mum is in one of them so far! 😍 Even though I'm in it, I don't remember it as I was too young! I have lots of videos and photos of her already, but to get more unexpected footage of her, really did make me so happy.
  • Watched a New Year special of Still Game - 'Hootenanny' and a Father Ted Christmas Special - 'A Christmassy Ted'.
  • Got one of the Christmas trees decorated, planning to finish the other one tomorrow.
  • It's less than a week to the start of the Christmas TBT event! 🤩

- It's my brother's birthday!
- Had a nice long chat with my dad.
- Made a giant pot of vegetable soup.
- Finally decorated the Christmas tree with mum.
- Had a blueberry Bakewell tart that mum got for me (it was very good).
- Health/stress stuff has continued to improve and I'm feeling better than I have all year.
- Been really motivated to draw, so I'm gonna spend the rest of the weekend doing studies.

- Got to sleep in a lot, which I appreciated because work was busy all week for me. 💤

- @Foreverfox The Dallas Mavericks continued their winning ways last night, winning against the Portland Trailblazers 125-112!! I admittedly had to stop tracking the score after the 3rd quarter, but I'm glad they pulled it off. 🏀 🔥

- Excited for the upcoming TBT Smash friendlies happening soon. 🎮

- Also excited to play more Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and my Pokemon Violet Surpriselocke today, as well as watch more Pokemon Journeys. 🎮

- I cuddled with my kitty again today and gave her fresh food and water. 🐱

- Looking forward to the new episodes of Shield Hero and Spy x Family this weekend! 📺

☃︎ I changed my aesthetic slightly again! I was already getting a little tired of the blue/white scheme I had going on and wanted to switch things up with some different colours, so I went with two pieces of Hello Kitty art that I got a few months ago! I honestly love them so much; the cream colours look so pretty with the reds and greens, I’m obsessed! 🥰

☃︎ I also came up with a couple more lineup ideas that I really like! I have a feeling that I’m gonna be overwhelmed with trying to decide what lineup to display next once the holidays are over haha, but there are definitely worse problems to have imo! I’ve been having so much fun playing around with my collectibles and lineup ideas this year, I can’t wait to see what I can come up with with this year’s new Christmas collectibles! snowman plushie finally? pls

☃︎ I took some cute photos of Bonk today! It was just us at home for a few hours, so we got to spend some quality time together. I love her sm. 🥹🖤
IMG_4826.jpeg
IMG_4853.jpeg
IMG_4856.jpeg

☃︎ Knock on wood, but I felt better mentally yesterday and today than I have all week! I absolutely hate the mindset that I’ve been in and how quickly my mental health plummeted, but I’m doing my best to be gracious and patient with myself. I’m taking care of myself the best that I can, and trying to do things that’ll bring me joy or at least distract me for a while. It sucks feeling like this, but I know it’s only temporary. I’m grateful that I felt more like myself yesterday and today at least. 💖

☃︎ I haven’t had the energy or motivation to in a bit, but I’m probably going to spend my evening playing a game! I haven’t decided which one yet, but I was thinking of either finally picking up Story of Seasons: A Wonderful Life again, or trying out one of the older mario games that I’ve been interested in! Just in the mood to play something relaxing that doesn’t require too much brainpower, haha.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we will never tire of hearing you talk about Blossom, or getting to see her sweet little face! You are both such sweethearts, and the love that she’s added to your life after the painful, stressful times that you’ve had has been wonderful to see and hear about. I’m so glad that you both have each other. 💖

haven't been on here for a while but I'm so so so happy to have received christmas lights collectibles from friends!! ❤️ i was very surprised going on here and seeing a full lineup of it already, you don't know how happy christmas lights make me and knowing these were gifts from special people, it makes me wanna cry 🥹 got to look back at the ups and downs of it all this year, i'm a sucker for memories and I'm just so happy to have made so many of them because of TBT 🫶 to many more years to come!!!
IMG_4858.gif

Back