• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

- I got to sleep in, which was much appreciated. 💤

- Getting my COVID and flu shots today. 💉

- Cuddled with my kitty some today. 🐱

- The Dallas Cowboys crushed the Philadelphia Eagles 33-13 last night! 🏈 🔥

- I'm going to be getting a pretty large bonus from my work come Friday! 🥳 💸

Monday, December 11, 2023
  • Got up early this morning to do a few errands before heading out for some shopping. Always like to get out early before it’s too busy, especially at this time of year.
  • The snow has landed in ACNH! Winter is my favourite season in ACNH!
  • Blossom had her post op check up today, and she got a clean bill of health! She has one last check up next Monday and the Nurse said she should be able to have her cone taken off! The Nurse said that it’s ok if she jumps up as long as she isn’t too hyperactive. She may still need to go into the crate if she becomes too excitable. I’m so happy as I was worried sick that jumping up would burst her stitches.
  • I read online that there is supposed to be a new Only Fools and Horses documentary with Sir David Jason during the festive season.
  • Ordered a VHS Head Cleaner tape. I thought it would have been difficult to find one as VHS are obsolete now.
  • Watched the 2022 Two Doors Down Christmas Special. Looking forward to this year’s special too, but no broadcast date yet!

- The TBT Holiday Event will be starting soon. I'm excited but also stressed. I have so much left to do. 🙀
Good Luck with your first TBT Holiday Event! I love all TBT events, but the December one is my favourite! :D

I’m happy to be back here 🙂. I’m still struggling, but coming back, chatting and browsing has helped distract me a little and help my mood a bit ☺️. I’m very grateful for all the kind messages and replies; it is really good to see and hear from everyone 🙂. Also grateful for everyone’s patience and kindness even though I keep needing to take breaks from here 🙏. It really means a lot to me! ☺️

spanky rarely snuggles with me but just just climbed in my arms and baked some biscuits before falling asleep for a few minutes. 🥰 Now she’s sleeping at my feet ☺️.
85E91F51-ED7C-4E4E-9F95-D55A60C187A4.jpeg

💌 what's up, tbt? i haven't been online since the summer, when i had to (rather unexpectedly) leave the country. lately i've been thinking of escaping from reality by playing acnh, and that brought me back here, to the coziest place on the internet. i hope you all are well and have had a pleasant latter half of the year. and if not, here's hoping the next one is better!

📚 after staying up late last night fretting about how little progress i've made studying for my big exam, i decided that today was going to be different. and it was! i have studied for a solid 6 hours and 43 minutes, and for my current head-empty self, that's a huge accomplishment. i'm honestly relieved that i'm capable of being disciplined right now.

🍛 my partner and i (we now live together, by the way -- after doing long distance for a year!) recently joined a meal kit service, where we choose two meals a week and they send us the ingredients. today, we made our first meal: spicy peruvian chicken with rice! the serving sizes were tiny, but the food was delicious. (my partner pointed out that we might just be eating 2-3 servings' worth of food normally. oops.)

🧹 the state of the apartment has been stressing me out, so i cleaned up the kitchen and vacuumed the whole place. definitely feels a bit better now.

☎️ i've been doing a lot better at staying in contact with my friends, and i'm happy about that. it's definitely not perfect, but i'm trying to text people back every day, which is a huge accomplishment for me (rip). it does make me feel closer to people, which i like :')

📖 i've been reading the ballad of songbirds and snakes and murder in the family and while neither is a literary masterpiece, they're both keeping me entertained and away from reality television. i missed reading!

🕹 about forty minutes of studying left and then i'm off to reset my animal crossing island, which i'm really excited about! it's honestly made me feel like playing the game again. i have a lot of memories with my day one island, but i really miss the forest-y feel of og animal crossing, and i can't bear to flatten it again. i also want to decorate based on my own ideas, without obsessing over reddit-perfect islands, and i'm making that a firm principle this time around. time to take things slow and create my own true little escape.

🔔🌳 i'm happy to be back to tbt, just in time for the christmas event! no idea if i'll be able to participate due to all the studying i have to do, but i'm enjoying being back in y'alls midst either way. i hope you're having a great day, night, or afternoon! ❤️

Oof, it's been a while, eh? I'm glad today and yesterday has been pretty good to me.

December 10, 2023
  • It was the first Sunday where my workplace temporarily changed the opening times at a later time. I really appreciate that since all the other days I've had to come in are at much earlier times. Anyways, work went well and was pretty chill with free lunch provided. In fact, I got to leave early!
  • I used the early time off to look around in the mall and thinking what I should get for my sister as a gift. I didn't buy one yet as I'll have to let my father know first just in case we somehow end up buying the same thing for her. Admittedly, I wasn't at the mall for that reason alone. I bought a couple of hotwheels and a matchbox in the process! And for a bonus picture, I saw something that @/Midoriya might like lol.
I lucked out on getting a Chevrolet Corvette C6 and a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, with the former being the last one in stock. And the matchbox car I got is a 2019 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible! It obviously reminded me of @/xSuperMario64x's red New Beetle convertible albeit a different model year entirely. In all honesty, I already have one but I bought it anyways so Bug can have it when he comes to visit Canada again in February!
Hotwheels and another Matchbox.png

And here's an ugly Christmas sweater I saw at Gamestop/EB Games that Riley might like hehe.
PLUS ULTRA ugly Christmas sweater.png
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and was greeted with some Christmas music playing in the main menu upon opening up the game. Yes, even a car game is getting into the holiday spirit lol. But the thing is, it's been a tradition in the series for over a decade now since 5! I experienced it for myself the first time in 2012 when I started up that game and heard a jazzy remix of Jingle Bells... And that same remix is in 7 which adds onto that nostalgia factor for me. Not gonna lie guys, the holiday music makes me emotional and want to tear up since they sound so beautiful. 😭 Someone already happened to compile all of the music in a single video, so I'll drop it in a spoiler below if you so happen to be interested to hear them and/or even have it play in the background. Don't worry, there's no All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey lol.
If you want some recommendations, here are four timestamps of different soundtracks that floods me into tears is a certified vibe.
4:27 Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
19:53 Silent Night
52:08 Jingle Bells
55:47 The Water Is Wide

Car featured in the video thumbnail is a 2010 Lexus LFA.
  • Continuing from the previous point, I've cleared yet another area of licence tests and the next one will be the last! I'm anticipating those ones will be tough as nails, but we'll see! Also, there so happened to be a very short period of free online, so I jumped into a few races and a lobby where we raced for fun... Even though there were some incidents lol.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231210155253.jpg

I was very happy to see that the first four cars used in these tests are the ones I've seen in real life! 😲
Gran Turismo® 7_20231210155426.jpg

Aaaaaaand, these last five cars are the ones I'm very unlikely to see in person rip.
Gran Turismo® 7_20231210155435.jpg

F in the chat for the green car that got accidentally rear ended by someone behind. It ain't a racing game without turn one incidents on the first lap. You could probably tell which car I'm driving hehehe.
Autódromo de Interlagos_.jpeg

I was in a different lobby and chuckled that someone brought a racing kart before changing it literally moments later. 🤣
Gran Turismo® 7_20231210205929.jpg
December 11, 2023
  • I had the day off from work, so I got to relax at home.
  • Played a bit of Gran Turismo 7.
  • Made some progress on my Secret Santa drawing!
  • When I logged on back here, I was very happy to see @/Dunquixote again! It's been quite some time since we all last saw her and I'm glad she's here once more. ☺️ Plus, we get to see Spanky again! 🐱
  • I got to cook some very tasty food for dinner! Fried rice, sautéed green beans, and popcorn chicken were on the menu tonight. My mother and sister really liked it! 😁

Oof, it's been a while, eh? I'm glad today and yesterday has been pretty good to me.

December 10, 2023
  • It was the first Sunday where my workplace temporarily changed the opening times at a later time. I really appreciate that since all the other days I've had to come in are at much earlier times. Anyways, work went well and was pretty chill with free lunch provided. In fact, I got to leave early!
  • I used the early time off to look around in the mall and thinking what I should get for my sister as a gift. I didn't buy one yet as I'll have to let my father know first just in case we somehow end up buying the same thing for her. Admittedly, I wasn't at the mall for that reason alone. I bought a couple of hotwheels and a matchbox in the process! And for a bonus picture, I saw something that @/Midoriya might like lol.
I lucked out on getting a Chevrolet Corvette C6 and a 1970 Plymouth Barracuda, with the former being the last one in stock. And the matchbox car I got is a 2019 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible! It obviously reminded me of @/xSuperMario64x's red New Beetle convertible albeit a different model year entirely. In all honesty, I already have one but I bought it anyways so Bug can have it when he comes to visit Canada again in February!
View attachment 524754

And here's an ugly Christmas sweater I saw at Gamestop/EB Games that Riley might like hehe.
View attachment 524755
  • I played Gran Turismo 7 and was greeted with some Christmas music playing in the main menu upon opening up the game. Yes, even a car game is getting into the holiday spirit lol. But the thing is, it's been a tradition in the series for over a decade now since 5! I experienced it for myself the first time in 2012 when I started up that game and heard a jazzy remix of Jingle Bells... And that same remix is in 7 which adds onto that nostalgia factor for me. Not gonna lie guys, the holiday music makes me emotional and want to tear up since they sound so beautiful. 😭 Someone already happened to compile all of the music in a single video, so I'll drop it in a spoiler below if you so happen to be interested to hear them and/or even have it play in the background. Don't worry, there's no All I Want For Christmas Is You by Mariah Carey lol.
If you want some recommendations, here are four timestamps of different soundtracks that floods me into tears is a certified vibe.
4:27 Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
19:53 Silent Night
52:08 Jingle Bells
55:47 The Water Is Wide

Car featured in the video thumbnail is a 2010 Lexus LFA.
  • Continuing from the previous point, I've cleared yet another area of licence tests and the next one will be the last! I'm anticipating those ones will be tough as nails, but we'll see! Also, there so happened to be a very short period of free online, so I jumped into a few races and a lobby where we raced for fun... Even though there were some incidents lol.
View attachment 524760

I was very happy to see that the first four cars used in these tests are the ones I've seen in real life! 😲
View attachment 524761

Aaaaaaand, these last five cars are the ones I'm very unlikely to see in person rip.
View attachment 524762

F in the chat for the green car that got accidentally rear ended by someone behind. It ain't a racing game without turn one incidents on the first lap. You could probably tell which car I'm driving hehehe.
View attachment 524763

I was in a different lobby and chuckled that someone brought a racing kart before changing it literally moments later. 🤣
View attachment 524764
December 11, 2023
  • I had the day off from work, so I got to relax at home.
  • Played a bit of Gran Turismo 7.
  • Made some progress on my Secret Santa drawing!
  • When I logged on back here, I was very happy to see @/Dunquixote again! It's been quite some time since we all last saw her and I'm glad she's here once more. ☺️ Plus, we get to see Spanky again! 🐱
  • I got to cook some very tasty food for dinner! Fried rice, sautéed green beans, and popcorn chicken were on the menu tonight. My mother and sister really liked it! 😁
I’m glad you had a great day yesterday and today 🙂. Thanks for the mention 💜💜💜; that is so so kind of you to say 🥺. I honestly really needed the mood boost; thank you so much 🙏. It is really great to see you and everyone too. ☺️

I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead! Busy or not, make sure to try to set some time aside to take care of yourself and do at least a few things that bring you joy. 💓

☃︎ I started playing Usagi Shima today! It’s a mobile game that’s similar to Neko Atsume where you get to meet and attract animals, but it’s bunnies instead of cats. It’s also a bit more interactive than Neko Atsume; you get to pet, brush, personally feed, fulfill requests, and play hide-and-seek with the bunnies! I found out about it through the Wholesome Snack Event 2023 video that @/Mairmalade posted about (ty queen 🫶), and it’s absolutely precious! I’ve only been playing for about an hour, but I’ve already attracted a bunny! Her name is Celeste, and seeing as how Celeste is my favourite Animal Crossing npc, Celeste the bunny being the first bunny I met is so special to me. 🥹 I’ve pet her, played hide-and-seek with her, and now she’s just playing with a ball! She’s so adorable, I already love her. There are 29 more bunnies that I can meet, and I’m very excited to meet them all and learn about them! 🐰💛
Look at this little bundle of preciousness! I love her! Her bio also has an animation of her looking through a telescope, which is the most cutest thing ever! Also, I adore my glowy bunny decoration. 🥹
IMG_4875.png
17b06ddd155859d1845978c0a1070ae7c7e95c83.gif

☃︎ Bonk was incredibly sweet and affectionate with me today. She was calm all afternoon since I was with her, and she was just the cutest little baby! We played (she didn’t even let me go pee or anything after I just woke up, she demanded playtime immediately, LOL), we cuddled, and I love her so, so much. My girl. 🖤
IMG_4862.jpeg
IMG_4866.jpeg
IMG_4870.jpeg

☃︎ I’m so happy to see a couple of my friends return from hiatus. 🫂 Even if they only stick around temporarily, I’m still so glad to see them! The forums truly haven’t felt the same without them. 💖 One day, all of my friends will be back from hiatus at the exact same time, and that day will be the best day ever! 🤞🏻

☃︎ I’m so excited for this year’s tbt holiday event to start on Wednesday! I’m a little unsure of how much I’ll be able to participate given my current mental state (bad mental health negatively affects my energy and creativity so bad 😭), but I’ll do my best! Very excited to see what sorts of activities and new collectibles we’ll get this year! ☺️

☃︎ Sold another one of my unused collectibles the other day! ty Jenny <3

- The TBT Holiday Event will be starting soon. I'm excited but also stressed. I have so much left to do. 🙀
I’m so excited to see your involvement in the holiday event! You were so wonderful during the Halloween event, and I just know you’re even more wonderful and helpful behind the scenes as well. 💜

@zissou I'm glad to see you back!! I'd been missing seeing your posts here—and congrats on you and your partner by the way! ^^🎉
--
It snowed here on TBT!! I got so excited over the theme change I stayed up way too late last night on my new aesthetic ahahah, but I had fun doing it and sometimes that's all that matters! ❄️
My mom's Christmas t-shirts arrived today!
I'm feeling a little better today! Still taking it easy because I don't have a lot of energy, but no cramps is a very good thing in my book. ;u;
We watched SmallishBeans' Secret Life episode from the latest session! It's always fun piecing together the whole story of a session through the various POVs hehe
And I got to play Dragon Quest Builders some more as I'd hoped! I was asked to build a watchtower and decided to plant a tree on top, and I think it turned out really cool looking! I've also continued improving the walls and sprucing things up here and there—and now that I have a hammer good enough to mine Obsidian, my next project is going to be making a lined moat around the outer wall. (y)
cantlin2.JPG

cantlin3.JPG

Today I'm happy because:

- I received my husband's main Christmas present a day early. It looks really nice. I know he's going to love it. 🎁
- Some other presents I've ordered have been shipped. 📮
- The snow on the forums looks so lovely. It's really getting me in the holiday spirit. ❄️
- I made some progress on my stuff for the TBT Holiday Event. (Thank you Xara for the kind words! 💗)
- Only 2 more days until the event starts! 🎄

I hope you all have a wonderful week ahead! Busy or not, make sure to try to set some time aside to take care of yourself and do at least a few things that bring you joy. 💓

☃︎ I started playing Usagi Shima today! It’s a mobile game that’s similar to Neko Atsume where you get to meet and attract animals, but it’s bunnies instead of cats. It’s also a bit more interactive than Neko Atsume; you get to pet, brush, personally feed, fulfill requests, and play hide-and-seek with the bunnies! I found out about it through the Wholesome Snack Event 2023 video that @/Mairmalade posted about (ty queen 🫶), and it’s absolutely precious! I’ve only been playing for about an hour, but I’ve already attracted a bunny! Her name is Celeste, and seeing as how Celeste is my favourite Animal Crossing npc, Celeste the bunny being the first bunny I met is so special to me. 🥹 I’ve pet her, played hide-and-seek with her, and now she’s just playing with a ball! She’s so adorable, I already love her. There are 29 more bunnies that I can meet, and I’m very excited to meet them all and learn about them! 🐰💛
Look at this little bundle of preciousness! I love her! Her bio also has an animation of her looking through a telescope, which is the most cutest thing ever! Also, I adore my glowy bunny decoration. 🥹View attachment 524769
17b06ddd155859d1845978c0a1070ae7c7e95c83.gif

☃︎ Bonk was incredibly sweet and affectionate with me today. She was calm all afternoon since I was with her, and she was just the cutest little baby! We played (she didn’t even let me go pee or anything after I just woke up, she demanded playtime immediately, LOL), we cuddled, and I love her so, so much. My girl. 🖤

☃︎ I’m so happy to see a couple of my friends return from hiatus. 🫂 Even if they only stick around temporarily, I’m still so glad to see them! The forums truly haven’t felt the same without them. 💖 One day, all of my friends will be back from hiatus at the exact same time, and that day will be the best day ever! 🤞🏻

☃︎ I’m so excited for this year’s tbt holiday event to start on Wednesday! I’m a little unsure of how much I’ll be able to participate given my current mental state (bad mental health negatively affects my energy and creativity so bad 😭), but I’ll do my best! Very excited to see what sorts of activities and new collectibles we’ll get this year! ☺️

☃︎ Sold another one of my unused collectibles the other day! ty Jenny <3

I’m so excited to see your involvement in the holiday event! You were so wonderful during the Halloween event, and I just know you’re even more wonderful and helpful behind the scenes as well. 💜

I know someone who would love that game 🤩. So cute!

Aww Bonk! 😻😻 (Such a cute name 🥺) Give her a boop for me! ☺💜💜💜

i’m so happy there are some things that you’re excited about and enjoying :D (sorry if this sounds weird). (and thanks for the warm welcome back and kind wishes 🙏💜💜💜)

- I love reading through this thread, it just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. ❤️

- My kitty climbed in the Christmas tree yesterday and it made me LOL. Cats truly do not gaf.
IMG_0067.jpg

- I’ve been listening to the Lessons in Chemistry audiobook and finally got around to starting the series yesterday. My bf and I were hooked and may have stayed up til past 1am watching episodes 😬 but I’m so glad he’s enjoying it as much as I do.

- my mental health has been a lot better the past couple of days. I also received some medical evidence to support an application that I sent to my university, so I hope it’s enough to receive support.

- I finished another book! My goal for this year was to read 12 books, and since October I have read 13! I’m hoping to get another couple under my belt by new year.

- I love reading through this thread, it just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. ❤️

- My kitty climbed in the Christmas tree yesterday and it made me LOL. Cats truly do not gaf.
IMG_0067.jpg

- I’ve been listening to the Lessons in Chemistry audiobook and finally got around to starting the series yesterday. My bf and I were hooked and may have stayed up til past 1am watching episodes 😬 but I’m so glad he’s enjoying it as much as I do.

- my mental health has been a lot better the past couple of days. I also received some medical evidence to support an application that I sent to my university, so I hope it’s enough to receive support.

- I finished another book! My goal for this year was to read 12 books, and since October I have read 13! I’m hoping to get another couple under my belt by new year.

I agree! This thread is really great ☺️. It really is uplifting reading everyone’s posts 🙂.

Your cat is so gorgeous! 😻 So adorable! Thank you for sharing a picture of your cat 😺. Cat pictures always brighten my day ☺️

I’m glad your mental health has been improving 🙂; I hope you feel 100% better soon 💜💜💜

- I had some yummy Indian food for dinner.
- Worked on a sketch and I made some huge progress.
- Studied diligently for my finals. Hopefully my hard work will pay off.
- Luna slept on my lap and she stuck her tongue out again. Too cute!
So beautiful! 😻 adorable blep! ☺️

Good luck on your finals 🙂. Thank you for sharing a picture of Luna 😺.

A lot of good things today 🥰

First, I got an unexpected day off!! My work had a problem with the electrics so no lights/heating. My lovely boss just let me know so I had a lie in which was so lovely as I am exhausted.

@Dunquixote is back🫶💜 missed you sm 💞 and just seeing all the posts and likes. Dun, I hope you know how many friends missed you ❤️

I am so grateful for my friends. I don’t think I could get through the day without them. I am feeling very thankful (my darling son is coming home from his last exam so treating us to pizza 😊)

Last edited:
- Got to sleep in today again, which was much appreciated. 💤

- About to have a clean bed. 🛏️

- I tripled-crowned Alhaitham in Genshin Impact yesterday! Now I have six triple-crowned characters in the game: Yelan, Hu Tao, Yoimiya, Alhaitham, Raiden Shogun, and Diluc. 🎮

- The Dallas Mavericks beat the Memphis Grizzlies last night 120-113!! 🏀 🔥

- The Dallas Stars beat the Detroit Red Wings last night 6-3!! 🏒 🔥

- I've pretty much finished setting up all my plans for my upcoming vacation! It's going to be a blast. 🥳 💚

The insurance place called and the guy that hit my parked car admitted to 100% fault so I don't have to pay anything, not even my deductable. I am over the moon. My car was old and smelled weird but imma miss her lmao. She had a moisture problem and broke down a few times but we rode together for almost 12 years. I made sure to get my SOAD cd outta the cd player before they haul her to the scrapper. Time for a new car, oooo imma feel fancy

- Slept well last night

- Managed to get an extension on a (soft) deadline abt my dissertation 😃

- Completed my last day of university for the semester!

- Managed to get home a little early because I knew there were train issues, have a bath, have dinner, and have some chai tea and stollen cake while watching anime :)

- I don't have to get up super early for work this week, my earliest start is at 10am

Back