• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

My partner and I received a Christmas present in the mail from my parents today: a breadmaker! 🍞

20231212-205331.jpg

We started making our own bread in the pressure cooker a month or so ago so this is fantastic.

A lot of good things today 🥰

First, I got an unexpected day off!! My work had a problem with the electrics so no lights/heating. My lovely boss just let me know so I had a lie in which was so lovely as I am exhausted.

@Dunquixote is back🫶💜 missed you sm 💞 and just seeing all the posts and likes. Dun, I hope you know how many friends missed you ❤️

I am so grateful for my friends. I don’t think I could get through the day without them. I am feeling very thankful (my darling son is coming home from his last exam so treating us to pizza 😊)

That’s wonderful to hear! I’m so glad you got a day off :D. Aw thanks Roxxy. I’m really touched. 🥺💜💜💜 I’m really grateful to you and everyone here 🙏 for the messages and for understanding about my long breaks.

I’m really happy with all the kind messages and comments I’ve been receiving. It really made my day and is helping me hang in there. Thanks so much everyone 🙏💜💜💜.

I’m really happy that I was able to work out something that I’ve been feeling guilty about for a long time. 🙂

About a month ago: originally this was going to be part of my Christmas presents, but my mom let me have this when it arrived :D

Tishtish, one of my favorite artists made this. I missed out on the first two sales of this.
IMG_6628.jpeg

IMG_6630.jpeg

IMG_6631.jpeg

- my extension got approved for an assignment due tomorrow. Whilst I will probably get it finished in time for submission, I’ve been struggling with my mental health so just want a little extra time to read over it and fix things. After this assignment, I only have one graded assessment left 😮‍💨 feels like just yesterday I was starting.

- read a little more of my book today and had an afternoon nap with my kitty.

- the artwork I made for a friend got a few likes on twitter which made me feel really happy. I feel like I haven’t drawn in a long time so it’s been good to tap into my creative side again.

☃︎ More Usagi Shima stuff! While I was writing my post from yesterday, Celeste the bunny left, and Taro the bunny took over playing with the ball! He’s so cute. 🥹 I’ve also met Daisy, Sesame, Maru, Cream, Mameko, Coco, Dotty, Peaches, Momo, Yuzu, Tiger, Mochi, Peppo, Panda, Himari, Lulu, Peanut, Yuki, Tomo, and Button! They’re all the sweetest, most precious little bunnies ever, I love them! 🥹💖 I think Celeste might still be my favourite because of her name and her being my first bunny and all, but Peaches and Yuki are definitely close! Yuki looks like a little snow bunny, which I love so much. All of their animations in their bios are ridiculously adorable as well omg, this is such a cute game!! I’ve unlocked the beach and ocean areas, dumpling cart, koi pond, cafe, cottage, bubble tea shop, bakery, garden, tiki stand, and the beach ball and duck floaty items for completing the “sun’s out, buns out!” and “ocean explorer” achievements! Also bought a couple of silly decorations, like a baguette and a bed that looks like a slice of bread, LOL. I’m having a blast with this, it’s such a simple yet preciously relaxing game! I can’t believe I only have 8 bunnies left to meet already. 🥹💖🐰
4533ab9aea502260cfa190801176643bda3d8086.gif
e6dc144625ec0a0f62cb4b29a3307ffd50ccce25.gif
8bb635de772fb395d54031fd443aa3c13ce57de4.gif
f15c3a12c60889b8fa6edb478cbff374904adf21.gif
3931c718e55169b7f71dcb2b36695f2222324a89.gif
6706573dc829072f25a130cbc5facfeb06e71370.gif
IMG_4885.png
IMG_4889.png
IMG_4890.png
IMG_4891.png
IMG_4892.png
IMG_4899.png
IMG_4900.png
Peanut (butter) on bread…
IMG_4901.png

☃︎ The first trailer for Poppy Playtime: Chapter 3 came out yesterday! I don’t play Poppy Playtime myself, but I’ve enjoyed watching others play it! The characters and lore are so interesting (and horrifying 😭), and the creepy atmospheres are great! I especially liked Markiplier’s videos of the first two chapters, so I’m looking forward to watching him play through chapter 3 when it comes out! And while I’m talking about games that I don’t play but I enjoy watching lol, I’m super pumped that Amanda the Adventurer is getting a sequel! I also found out that Amanda the Adventurer is available on the switch, and Poppy Playtime on mobile, so perhaps I will buy them and play for myself. 👀

☃︎ The tbt holiday event starts tomorrow! I’m so excited! 🥳

So happy and thankful that my mom’s surgery went well today. Thankful for no complications so should be an easy recovery until her next surgery on the 21st.
Happy that all but one gift has arrived in the mail. Now just waiting on Aurora’s new puppy bed.
Was able to get everything for my mom and Aurora’s Christmas stockings .
Spent some time working on decorating my ACNH island Serenity. Working on making some paths .
Hope everyone is having a good week.

Today has yet been another good one for me!
  • Work has been chill for me. The wackiest part during my shift is that I did a tire swap on a BMW i3 lol. Like, the width of its tires are thin to the point where I want to compare it to bicycle tires. :ROFLMAO: Oh, and I got to go somewhere with my coworkers for a little while to help retrieve stuff, so it was good to relax for a bit too. Ended up going home a little early near the end of my shift for good measure!
  • Feel free to skip this point. I was pleasantly surprised to have spotted a Honda Civic Type R (FL5) in a neighborhood while heading somewhere with one of my coworkers! When I saw its rear wing and having a slightly different front design compared to its regular counterpart, that's when I knew I saw a Type R trim. Ever since it was added in an update in Gran Turismo 7 a few months ago, I've been hoping to spot it in a sea full of regular 11th generation Honda Civics lol. Good thing it finally came true, and this could be the last car I'd be able to identify before 2023 wraps up!
  • I was able to take a short nap not long after I got home and it put me in a good mood after! ☺️
  • My mom made some tasty food for dinner! She tried out a salmon recipe we never had before where it was baked with chopped parsley on top and asparagus on the side. 😋
  • I watched a TerminalMontage video of Something about Tears of the Kingdom! I laughed quite a few times, especially when the gloom hands initially chased Link... Which eventually shifted their focus to Lookout Landing where Purah and everyone else got grabbed by them while Impa ran to safety lol.
  • Played a bit of Gran Turismo 7... I even took a picture of the two cars I've mentioned in this post haha.
My driver avatar is just looking away from the i3 and getting ready to drive off in his blue Civic Type R immediately after. 😆
Olympic Cauldron, Vancouver_.jpeg
  • I received a couple more Christmas lights, most notably from @/Dunquixote which I forgot to mention yesterday oops and @/Xara (man, even your message contained remotely about cars haha)!
  • I made more progress on my drawing for Secret Santa!
  • I'm hyped for the Christmas event starting very soon! I'm hoping to be able to find the time to do the activities once they drop.

Got to chill out for a little while and just watch some Youtube! It was fun and I got some good laughs out of it—also watched another episode of InTheLittleWood's Secret Life series with my family over dinner!
I brought Splatrick to Cantlin and beat the last boss of this chapter in Dragon Quest Builders!! Only sustained a bit of damage to my outer walls, which were easily repaired—and it was kind of cool honestly?? Really gave it a very dramatic "city under attack" feel without actually messing up anything I'd spent forever decorating ahahaha ;v; Patching it back up after the fight was oddly satisfying!! I still have a few more side things I want to complete before I move onto the next chapter, and I'm looking forward to working on those next time!
TBT holiday event starts tomorrow!!! I can't believe it's already almost time, I'm super excited. 👀

• I feel good, slept good. I stopped drinking caffeineted coffee 5 days ago. I was drinking 5-6 cups of it a day. Now I'm just having 2-3 cups of decaf a day. So it's made a difference in my sleep quality and anxiety! I've been trying to quit caffeine for years and it's always been so difficult but I think I'm finally on my way to being done with it and just havin it on special occasions :D
  • I'm doing a low buy year for the year of 2024. So basically no impulse spending... I can set aside a small amount each month for fun things but it's gonna be more towards experiences than physical things. Like going out to eat or to a movie with family or friends. I'm trying to limit the amount of stuff I bring into my apartment and appreciate and make use of what I already have. That includes digital items like videogames etc cause I have so many I havent finished or haven't even started yet that I own there's zero reason for me to keep buying more I have a huge library of them on multiple consoles and on PC. And no ebooks. I have a ton of unread ebooks I've bought. Anything I want to read that I don't already own I can get from the library. Just trying to enjoy and make use of the things I already have. Anyway I'm really excited about this.
  • I didn't get the job I interviewed for but I'm kind of relieved beccause it would have been exactly as stressful as my last job and my mental health can't handle that right now. So I'm taking time off to work on my mental health and then going back to college in the fall to finish my associates degree and hopefully get a better job that's not quite as stressful as my last one.
  • Mustachio (my tuxedo cat) is so sweet, she wakes me up every morning so sweetly, she purrs and rolls around :D
  • My volunteer shift with the rescue cats yesterday went well. I brought them the toy I bought them for Christmas :)

I brought out my new signature. I think it exudes the confidence I once wish I had, that I now have. For those curious about the pose: It’s the touchdown pose of my favorite character, Monta, in my favorite anime, Eyeshield 21.
IMG_3594.jpeg
I’m excited for the holiday event to start sometime today. I think I’ll be participating more since I’m in a better mindset.
I should be getting paid tomorrow with my hefty paycheck, as my PTO was paid out.

Well I need to update the things I'm happy about lol, I actually just got a phone call from the place I interviewed at and I got the job! I had given up because my interview was saturday morning but they just called this afternoon to offer me the position. I start Monday. I'm really hoping having a better manager makes a difference :)

I have had one hell of a busy week. I had two 5-hour rehearsals on Monday and Tuesday, so I was at school for nearly 12 hours both of those days. But, today is opening night! I'm so excited!!!!! Thankfully, I get to go home for an hour-ish today and tomorrow to have dinner and get ready. and clean up cat vomit... yippee...
I'm also super hyped for the Christmas event! I won't be home until late at night, though, so I'll likely have to miss the start :(

I’m happy I unlocked the serenitea pot and fishing in genshin today 🙂. I was really looking forward to unlocking these as soon as I found out about. I loved having a house in ESO and collecting recipes and crafting furniture ☺️.

Today has been really difficult but my kitties have been helping me cope by being so cute (as they always are 🥰). For some reason Spanky has been going in this basket even though I put it up on an end table to make room for the ones we got them for their gotcha day 😅

A0271020-CB73-45BB-BD04-4F3F4C4D5328.jpeg

☃︎ This year’s tbt holiday event started tonight!! I’m a little too overwhelmed and tired to really get started on anything tonight, but I’m looking forward to looking over the activities more closely and hopefully getting started on an entry tomorrow! I participated in Holiday Apparel, The Sweetest Christmas, and bought my first 12 Days of Collectibles raffle ticket (I’m obsessed with the imposter collectibles concept omg) at least, so I’m happy about that! The new collectibles that’ve been revealed so far are super cute as well; none of them are jumping out at me yet, but the crystal tree and the floral train car are so pretty! I’m also so excited that we’re finally getting the moon bunny star frag! I just know it’s gonna be stunning. 🥰🤍

☃︎ I went out with my mom! We went for a bit of a drive and went to a few stores, where I was able to get everything I wanted/needed! I picked up a couple bags of my favourite candy as a treat, and picked up some freeze-dried candy for me to try! I got freeze-dried shark gummies and Skittles; I’ve been wanting to try them for ages, I’m so excited to finally have the chance to! ☺️

☃︎ I’ve received more Christmas lights and such beautiful messages from some incredible people over the past week! I hate that I can’t display them all at once, but I am forever so grateful for the lights and messages, and the wonderful folks who took the time to send them. 🥹 Even though the lights aren’t permanent, I’ve saved all of the messages in my notes app so that I can keep and cherish them forever!

☃︎ I’m still having a lot of fun with Usagi Shima! I completed the “Friendly Hooman” achievement last night, and unlocked Mako the Hatmaker and the ability to buy hats for the bunnies! 🥹 I’ve only bought a few hats thus far since most of them cost golden carrots (which I’m spending very sparingly), but they’re so adorable! I bought a froggy hat, a straw hat, and a winter knit cap! I got a green patchwork hat for free when I completed the achievement as well. ☺️ I also unlocked the Ramen Shop, and met two new bunnies, Ebi and Panko! They’re both so adorable, and are designed to look like sushi! I love them so much! Only 6 more bunnies left to meet, I can’t believe it. 🥹🐰
IMG_4904.png
IMG_4905.png

What if we sat at the tiki bar together… me and who
IMG_4906.png
IMG_4922.png
IMG_4923.png
IMG_4924.png

☃︎ It was bitingly cold out today, but it was also beautifully sunny! It’s been mostly gloomy every day for the past week, which has honestly been negatively affecting my mood, so it was really nice to see the sun out today, and to be able to get outside and enjoy it!

☃︎ The second half of the final season of The Crown comes out tomorrow! I’m excited to finally start watching it!

☃︎ I was actually about to head to bed, but Bonk decided that she needed a cuddle with me first. 🥹 I’m so tired, but I’ll never leave her hanging if she wants a cuddle.
cf9cfc9fc7839cbabb70a9b7b90c67c9b76ef7cb.jpg

I’m happy I unlocked the serenitea pot and fishing in genshin today 🙂. I was really looking forward to unlocking these as soon as I found out about. I loved having a house in ESO and collecting recipes and crafting furniture ☺️.

Today has been really difficult but my kitties have been helping me cope by being so cute (as they always are 🥰). For some reason Spanky has been going in this basket even though I put it up on an end table to make room for the ones we got them for their gotcha day 😅

View attachment 525059
Spankyyyyyyyy. Sweet baby. 🥹 I hope tomorrow is better for you, Dun. You deserve everything good in life. 💓

☃︎ This year’s tbt holiday event started tonight!! I’m a little too overwhelmed and tired to really get started on anything tonight, but I’m looking forward to looking over the activities more closely and hopefully getting started on an entry tomorrow! I participated in Holiday Apparel, The Sweetest Christmas, and bought my first 12 Days of Collectibles raffle ticket (I’m obsessed with the imposter collectibles concept omg) at least, so I’m happy about that! The new collectibles that’ve been revealed so far are super cute as well; none of them are jumping out at me yet, but the crystal tree and the floral train car are so pretty! I’m also so excited that we’re finally getting the moon bunny star frag! I just know it’s gonna be stunning. 🥰🤍

☃︎ I went out with my mom! We went for a bit of a drive and went to a few stores, where I was able to get everything I wanted/needed! I picked up a couple bags of my favourite candy as a treat, and picked up some freeze-dried candy for me to try! I got freeze-dried shark gummies and Skittles; I’ve been wanting to try them for ages, I’m so excited to finally have the chance to! ☺️

☃︎ I’ve received more Christmas lights and such beautiful messages from some incredible people over the past week! I hate that I can’t display them all at once, but I am forever so grateful for the lights and messages, and the wonderful folks who took the time to send them. 🥹 Even though the lights aren’t permanent, I’ve saved all of the messages in my notes app so that I can keep and cherish them forever!

☃︎ I’m still having a lot of fun with Usagi Shima! I completed the “Friendly Hooman” achievement last night, and unlocked Mako the Hatmaker and the ability to buy hats for the bunnies! 🥹 I’ve only bought a few hats thus far since most of them cost golden carrots (which I’m spending very sparingly), but they’re so adorable! I bought a froggy hat, a straw hat, and a winter knit cap! I got a green patchwork hat for free when I completed the achievement as well. ☺️ I also unlocked the Ramen Shop, and met two new bunnies, Ebi and Panko! They’re both so adorable, and are designed to look like sushi! I love them so much! Only 6 more bunnies left to meet, I can’t believe it. 🥹🐰

☃︎ It was bitingly cold out today, but it was also beautifully sunny! It’s been mostly gloomy every day for the past week, which has honestly been negatively affecting my mood, so it was really nice to see the sun out today, and to be able to get outside and enjoy it!

☃︎ The second half of the final season of The Crown comes out tomorrow! I’m excited to finally start watching it!

☃︎ I was actually about to head to bed, but Bonk decided that she needed a cuddle with me first. 🥹 I’m so tired, but I’ll never leave her hanging if she wants a cuddle.
cf9cfc9fc7839cbabb70a9b7b90c67c9b76ef7cb.jpg

Spankyyyyyyyy. Sweet baby. 🥹 I hope tomorrow is better for you, Dun. You deserve everything good in life. 💓

sweet bonk 🥺💜💜💜. thank you for sharing her picture; she is such cutie 😻

I’m glad you had a good day with your mum and that you’re having fun with that game! ☺️

Thank you so much ☺️💜💜💜; I really appreciate it.🙂

Work wasn't too hectic.

I went to this nice Christmas place today. I try to go every year with some of my family. It's cool to see all the winter wonderland-like set ups and everything they're selling. I usually buy something small like an ornament. I found these really cool figures that remind me of the villagers from AC so I picked one up.

I wrapped some gifts and got most of it done.

I also got back into writing stories. Took a while to get into the swing of it, but I enjoyed it.

Went for a short walk with my mom this morning! I'm not back at full energy yet so we didn't walk for as long as we have been, but it was nice to get back out there a little bit!
I finished the Cantlin chapter in Dragon Quest Builders! I finished up the remaining challenges I had left, and built a couple of mini graveyards for some of the skeletons lying around/a larger one near the city for all the bones I'd collected in my inventory. I think the latter was too large to count as a room, but I'm still quite satisfied with it and am fine leaving it as-is.
cantlin5.JPG

cantlin4.JPG
Also got started in the Rimuldar chapter! I'd gotten quite comfortable at some point during the Cantlin chapter, and the mini startover is pretty fun! I'm barely scraping by right now and having a blast with it ahahah
My family and I are almost caught up with InTheLittleWood's Secret Life series! Just a couple more episodes to go now (although the next one will probably be out by then ahaha).
TBT's holiday event has started!! I was expecting a much smaller event, so all the activities were a really pleasant surprise! ;v; I've entered some of the easier ones for now and I'm hoping to get started on some of the creative tasks tomorrow maybe.
My Youtube recommended feed actually blessed me for once with these gorgeous animations dedicated to Elliott from Stardew Valley??? 😭 They're both so beautifully done and I'm so so happy to see my Stardew husband getting the appreciation he deserves!!

- I submitted two assignments on time within the last two days! Hoping to finish and submit the final one today 😁

- I only have a 3 hour shift at work today, which means I basically have the whole day off until 4:45pm

- Managed to wash my hair and then get a 9 hour sleep last night 😊

- Ate one of my amaaazing homemade brownies w/ some protein kvarg. I made the executive decision that I'm gonna eat healthy af and get super fit in the New Year to prepare for my big trip, so I'm currently in the process of eating up all of my snacks / unhealthy food 🤣

Back