• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

✨My highlights of 2023✨

Phew! 2023 has been quite a year with it's ups and downs for me. I made a gigantic post highlighting the stuff that's made me happy throughout the year, so I don't blame anyone for just skimming through hehehe. Anyways, here goes! 😄

January
  • Going for a car stroll with my mother and sister on New Year’s Day where there were barely any cars on the road. I was just cruising and relaxing all the way through while listening to a lot of music in the process.
  • My first drawing of 2023 and how I absolutely loved the outcome of it. 🤩
Winter-Animals.png
  • Getting to watch some episodes from Sailor Moon R with my sister which we enjoyed all the way through.
  • Commissioning @/-Mars- to make a drawing for me and how I absolutely loved seeing it once it was done.
Shellzilla_515's Commission.jpg

February
  • Getting my full driver’s licence! I remember failing it the week prior which left me devastated, so it felt extra great overcoming it. I also remember driving a 2021 Honda CR-V which was a rental car because the car that my dad and I usually drive had to be serviced at the time.
  • The event where we had to make an island journal that initially started in January. It was fun basically getting to do some writing and ended up getting the lost book collectible after meeting the minimum requirements!
  • Receiving Valentine’s roses from @/Midoriya, @/Roxxy, and @/xSuperMario64x.

March
  • Not a lot of stuff worth mentioning during the month of March, but I do remember finally caving in and purchasing the Booster Course Pass for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! The tracks that made me happy the most are the ones that first originated from Mario Kart Super Circuit for the Gameboy Advance.
  • Feel free to skip this point. I remember while I was at the library in college studying for exams, I saw a Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 and a Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) casually going through the parking lot which made me extremely happy. 🥺

April
  • The April Fools Day event where people were mining tons of posts for turnips. I love how a lot of us were throwing banters about NFTs and also having profile pics of horrendous looking turnips generated by (what I assume is) AI lol. A couple of highlights for me are seeing notification numbers I have never seen in my life and watching @/Ananas Dragon going absolutely crazy for @/Satori Suzuki for some reason lol.
1,515 notifications!
1515.PNG
  • Watching the Super Mario Bros. Movie with my mother and sister! I was absolutely smiling for the huge majority of the movie and understanding quite a lot of references from the series! However, it really hit me the most when there was a very small snippet of the athletic theme from Super Mario Bros. 3 which legit almost made me cry since it was the first video game ever that I played in my life.
  • Suffering through the TBT Egg Hunt, but managed to find most of them if I recall correctly! I really appreciate the rules where we can give each other hints to at least have hopes of finding eggs on our own. If not, then I’d have a bad time lol.
  • Installing a new cabin air filter in my father’s car lol. It’s nothing special, but I remember being very happy about it despite how simple it is!

May
  • Making a birthday drawing for my awesome friend, @/Midoriya! It made total sense to include Midoriya from My Hero Academia and his favourite villager Lucky vibing together.
Midoriya-Ft-Lucky.png
  • Finally getting to play The Legend of Zelda - Tears of the Kingdom after years of waiting! I still remember getting my one and only game over just because I miscalculated a jump and splatted against the ground narrowly missing a body of water lol.
  • Making a self discovery for myself and coming to terms with it after I initially rejected it back in February. This point may sound confusing to you, but it’ll all make sense in the next month in one of my points…
June
  • It’s a bit of a silly one, but I finally completed a new helmet design in Gran Turismo 7 which left me feeling very happy about it. Prior to that, I created a helmet design that was heavily based off of the racing helmet from New Horizons, so to branch off from that and create a more original design is a good step!
Gran Turismo® 7_20230623235150.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230623235208.jpg

I would like to give a shoutout to @/Roxxy who originally drew Blue for me. 💙💜💙🥺
Gran Turismo® 7_20230623235241.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230623235254.jpg
  • Creating a birthday drawing for @/xSuperMario64x featuring Sterling the Silver Fox getting hugged by an absolute unit bluebird of happiness plush!
Bug-s-Birthday-Art-2023.png
  • Participating in the Celebrating Diversity event and going through the entries where many people had their own interpretations on what diversity is. From my end, not only did I pour my heart into my entry, but also took the opportunity of coming out at the same time being demiromantic and panromantic. I’m really glad that the TBT community is accepting of LGBTQ+ people. 💙
Celebrating-Diversity-2023.png

As an added bonus, I even changed up the design of my helmet slightly resembling the pan and demiromantic colours!
Gran Turismo® 7_20230626212441.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230626212517.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230626212507.jpg
  • Getting the good news that I landed a job after so much waiting and pain going through interviews and being ghosted for weeks!

July
  • This month marked the first day of starting my new job! Admittedly, there were a few things that didn’t sit right with me, but I can’t deny that it’s helped me gain some valuable experience in the career field that I’m going into.
  • Creating a late birthday for @/Roxxy featuring her character and her cat, Brandy!
Roxxy-Birthday-Art-2023.png
  • I went to a Filipino street festival with a few of my coworkers! We walked around here and there, but my highlight was when I bought some taho where they claimed it was “authentic” in terms of taste. I can confirm that it’s true hehehe.
  • Feel free to skip this point. On my way home from the said festival, I finally spotted a Chevrolet Corvette C1 two years after I started hunting identifying cars out on the road. I legit almost wanted to cry. 😭
August
  • While Space Camp TBT 2023 initially started sometime in July, I enjoyed participating with my fellow Galaxolotls with @/-Blue- strangely going crazy for cookies. It was a great time in The Lopez before things started getting a little sketchy near the end hehe.
Galaxolotl-Signature.png
  • This month marked another year of me existing in this world lol. I’m grateful for the good and happy stuff that’s happened in my life.
  • Going karting with my sister while my mother watched the two of us! I definitely enjoyed it with the twists and turns. Later on that same day, we watched the Gran Turismo movie together! 🏎️

September
  • Early in the month, my sister and I went to a carnival and went on a lot of rides! We also got to check out at some vendors where various things were being sold.
  • When my mother made apple pie for the very first time and how much I absolutely loved it. Since then, she baked it again and again and it was always a treat!
  • Near the end of the month, @/xSuperMario64x came to visit me for a week which felt (and still is) so surreal that it actually happened. I remember on the first day of meeting him, we went to the mall, chilled at a park, went for a nice car stroll in his 2007 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible (with the roof down for good measure), witnessing me identify recognizable cars on the road that appeared in the Gran Turismo series, then ate at Jollibee. Bug even gifted me one of his fox plushies which I treasure dearly. In fact, I gave him a name which is Jenson!... This point will continue on to next month.
Jenson the floofa choof.png

October
  • Bug and I did a lot of stuff vibing together. This point will get very lengthy if I go into detail for everything I’ll be mentioning, so I’ll just cut to the chase. What we did was head out to a restaurant and eat food (which Bug tried poutine and loved it hehe), visited his place for a bit and getting to play Animal Crossing on the Gamecube for the very first time, went karting, went to the bluffs, went on numerous car strolls, watched the Barbie movie at the theatre, and relaxing at the library making a drawing for each other.
  • When my mother baked brownies with the outcome of it being totally delicious!

November
  • Taking exactly six months to beat Tears of the Kingdom.
  • Winning a collectible from the potion raffle which gave me a choice of one of the potion collectibles… I chose the eerie star potion!
  • At work, I finally overcame my fear and attempted to at least move a car that had a manual transmission. I successfully did so as a result! Huge shout out to an eighth-generation Honda Civic for giving me the opportunity lol.

December
  • Doing some participation during the Stole-iday Season winter event. I may not have found all the reindeers (only found one rip) and missed out on crafting stuff, but at least I got a bit of fun out of it considering I was very busy at work.
  • Participated in a Secret Santa organized by @/Balverine and made a drawing for @/-Mars-! While it took me weeks leading up to completion due to busy things, I’m really glad that they absolutely loved my drawing.

Other stuff that happened throughout the year
  • Watching the Formula 1 races throughout the 2023 season. My favourite race of the year was the Singapore Grand Prix merely because Carlos Sainz who drives for Ferrari managed to take the one and only win that’s not a Red Bull in the entire season lol.
  • My overall enjoyment of playing Gran Turismo 7 whether it’d be doing online time trials, doing silly custom races, making car liveries, participating in online races during a short free trial period back in September, and the new addition of cars this year. In fact, I’ll drop a bunch of photos from the game!
Don't ask lol.
High Speed Ring__1.jpeg

The C8 Corvette meeting its great-great-great-great-great-great-grandfather. 😄
Angeles National Forest__2.jpeg

Sardegna - Road Track - C Reverse__1.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230916195257.jpg

Sardegna - Road Track - C Reverse__6.jpeg

Gran Turismo® 7_20230916162238.jpg

Gran Turismo® 7_20231127195241.jpg
Note that some cars have been visually modified from their stock appearance. From left to right, bottom to top, here they are in order. As a bonus, underlined names indicate I've seen them in real life!
  1. 1965 Honda RA272
  2. 1992 Jaguar XJ220
  3. 2019 Mazda 3
  4. 1957 Chevrolet Corvette C1
  5. 2022 Honda Civic Type R (FL5)
  6. 2010 Lexus LFA
  7. 1991 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3 Evo II
  8. 2021 Aston Martin Valkyrie
  9. 2004 Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi
  10. 2018 Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3
  11. 2022 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992)
  12. 1987 Porsche 959
  13. 2018 Toyota Alphard Executive Lounge
  14. 2021 Toyota Himedic
Favourite-Cars.png
  • Reading the posts in this thread throughout the year! I remember that there was a time where @/LadyDestani kept updating us with the progress on her bathroom renovation and how it turned out! Also, let's not forget the consistent pet pics by @/Xara and @/themysterybidder where they featured bonk and Blossom respectively haha.
  • It brought me happiness every time when a few people made drawings of my animal villager OC, Pag-asa which I initially created way back during the 2022 Celebrating Diversity event where people created their own animal villagers representing themselves.
Drawn by @/-Mars- back in early February.
Pag-asa & Sterling.jpg

Drawn by @/Foreverfox back in May.
1704075595388.png

Drawn by @/jadetine back in July during the 2023 Space Camp TBT event.
Cadet-Pag-asa.gif

These last five drawings were drawn by the rad @/xSuperMario64x throughout 2023.
the-broskis.png

broskis-vibing.png

Bug made this drawing for me as a late birthday present featuring my dream car. :giggle:
honda-s2000.png

only-fools-are-cold.png

And this is the secret Santa drawing he made for me. Out of 27 people who also participated, I was quite amused he got the opportunity again to draw Pag-asa once more!
santaaaaaa.png
  • Feel free to skip this exhaustive point. I saved this best part of last where I list all of the cars I’ve seen throughout 2023! I’ve actually spotted fewer cars compared to 2022, but you could argue that it’s still just as interesting to see the variety. Obviously, the ones that make me happy the most are the ones that appeared in the Gran Turismo series, especially if they’re hard to find! This also happens to be the year where I reached a huge milestone of 210 unique cars in my list since starting the identification game for fun back in 2021!

I may be missing some more stuff, but that'll be everything for 2023. Happy new year, and I'll see you in 2024! 🎉

Attachments

• High Speed Ring_.jpeg
    High Speed Ring_.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Happy New Year everyone!! 🎆 I hope it'll bring all of us health, safety, and happiness! 💙🤍

Only five episodes away from finishing the Fairy Tail anime with my family!! We're planning to binge these last few tomorrow for our New Year's celebration hehe
We also started watching Grian's Hermitcraft finale! I'm enjoying the send-offs and the Decked Out shenanigans so far! ^^
I continued playing Rune Factory 3 Special some more! I'm mid-way through spring now, have defeated the tanuki, and managed to pull off 1st place in the Fishing Festival! I think I'm officially rivals with Carlos and Carmen now
I got a row of each of the Playful and Snowstorm sceneries!! There's my first collectibles of 2024!!

Happy New Year, everyone!! I hope you all have a safe and wonderful year. :blush:

- I got to sleep in today and played more of my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke. Very close to challenging Burgh now! 🎮

- I announced winners for the Genshin and HSR events in my server, which was amazing. 🥳

- The Dallas Stars faced the Chicago Blackhawks again and CRUSHED THEM 8-1!!! 🏒 🔥 💚

- My dad and I threw poppers and small fireworks at midnight. 🎊

- I let my kitty, Pippi, into my room earlier and she purred and napped on my bed. 🐱

- I can say that for the first time in awhile I'm genuinely looking forward to the future. 2023 was an amazing year for me, and I'm hoping that 2024 will be even better. The sky's the limit. 🦸‍♂️

I’m happy with all the kind messages I got today here and on discord. I’m really grateful for everyone’s kindness ☺️ and patience with me not posting or chatting much since I’m really struggling now and before I came back.

Jewels was a bit more snuggly with me today; normally she stays only a few seconds but I think she fell asleep one of the times she snuggled in my arms 🥰.

Happy New Years!! I hope you've all had a lovely entrance into 2024 ☺️
  • I was able to finish all of my submissions on time! I wish I could have spent a little more time on my White Elephant entry, but I'm happy with how it's turned out.
  • Been playing some more genshin over the past couple days when I can, and have been enjoying it.
  • Had my partner over to celebrate New Years with my family. My dad and I made a really nice lasagna together, and we had icecream with strawberry and balsamic syrup for dessert! Played some board games and just chatted.
  • Spent today with my partner, just relaxing and playing some video games. 🤍
  • I got home to multiple kind messages from people on here, which made me so grateful 💚

Reflecting on the past year, one goal I set for myself was to interact with people on the forums more. To not be scared to compliment people, and to reach out and actually talk more, and I'm so grateful for all the people I've been able to grow closer to this year. Through everything going on irl in 2023, the forums and all the amazing people on it have been one of the highlights for me 💚

Monday, January 1, 2024

Happy New Year!
  • Stayed up to 1am this morning to celebrate New Year! Blossom fell asleep before midnight last night, but she woke up just before midnight and went into her crate. Even though she went into her crate she stayed awake!
  • I stayed in bed a little longer this morning as I was really tired, as I’m not used to staying up as late as that!
  • I looked at the UK Official Charts for the first time in ages and it always makes me smile to see so many Christmas songs in the Top 100, especially when Elton is included, twice!
  • Received some lovely New Year messages from TBT members. ❤️
  • I have completed Buck’s Advent Calendar! 🐴I never thought I would be able to keep it going for 24 days, but I am very pleased that Buck saw in the New Year! He's having a rest, but I'm sure he'll be back shortly with another adventure!
  • Bought a Froggy Snowman, some Playful scenery and some Snow scenery.
  • Connected my Nintendo Wii with my new cable and it worked! I played ‘Great Party Games’. That was a favourite of mine and still is! I forgot how much I loved my Wii. I feel the need to play 100 pin bowling in Wii Sports tomorrow!
  • Thank you Shell for the lovely mention about Blossom! 🥰
20240101_142914-min.jpg

My first post in here of 2024! Happy New Year, my lovely friends!! I hope this year has gotten off to a good start for all of you, and that 2024 brings you all nothing but wonderful things! 🫂🎉💖

☃︎ My homies and I’s New Year’s celebrations last night didn’t go entirely to plan, but it was still a really nice time! Some of us ended up falling asleep before midnight lol, but we enjoyed some delicious foods and drinks, spent some quality time together, and even spontaneously decided to rent and watch The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes! I had been contemplating going to see it in theatres when it first came out, but decided against it, so I’m happy that I finally got to see it! I never read the book, so I was kind of lost the whole time lol, but I still enjoyed it! It was so fascinating getting to see what The Hunger Games looked like in that first decade after The Dark Days ended, younger President Snow, decedents of some of the characters from the original trilogy; Crane, Flickerman, etc!! I have a lot of thoughts that I haven’t gathered yet, but it was so lovely ringing in the new year with my family and friends! I’m looking forward to enjoying some of the leftover treats from last night over the next week or so! 🥳🥹💜

☃︎ I changed my lineup in honour of the Magical Fireworks being active for New Year’s! I’ve come up with a lot of lineups with the Magical Fireworks that I love these past several months, so I’m always so excited when they become active! My current lineup is genuinely one of my favourites that I’ve ever come up with, I would love to be able to display it year round! 🥹🎆

☃︎ My first cuddle with Bonk and photos of her of the year! I love my baby so much, I hope 2024 is nothing but love, good health, and good memories for her 🖤
IMG_5345.jpeg
a2bda9ca96c6acba7048be9d0a1520f6bd6a9faa.jpg

☃︎ I tried on the fuzzy socks that my old counsellor got me for Christmas for the first time! The material sheds more than I’d like, but they’re super warm and comfy, and they fit perfectly! I’m very happy with and grateful for them, even if they shed pink fluffies everywhere. 😅💗

☃︎ It finally snowed! We’ve gotten a couple dustings here and there over the past few weeks, but we finally got a semi-decent amount over night! Us not getting our first decent snowfall until January, in Canada, is so insane to me, but I’m glad we got a white New Year’s at least since we didn’t get a white Christmas!

☃︎ I’m so grateful for all of the Happy New Year messages I’ve received from such dear and beautiful friends! I love my friends so much 🥹

☃︎ I bought a Blue Holiday Candle to commemorate the new year! I bought it at precisely midnight on January 1st. A beautiful candle to illuminate all of the good moments that 2024 will hopefully bring. 💙 Now I just need to buy my Blue Christmas Stocking, and I’ll have all of the collectibles that I wanted from the Stole-iday event!

Reading the posts in this thread throughout the year! I remember that there was a time where @/LadyDestani kept updating us with the progress on her bathroom renovation and how it turned out! Also, let's not forget the consistent pet pics by @/Xara and @/themysterybidder where they featured bonk and Blossom respectively haha.
Bonk and I are honoured to have been included in your year highlights! I’m so happy that you had so many happy moments in 2023, and of course that you got to see so many cool cars! I hope 2024 is even better for you, and that you get to see even more cool cars! 💙

Last edited:
- I spent New Year's Eve at my emotional support human's house with a couple of our friends! We played Cards Against Humanity and they forced me to watch TF2 stuff... good times.

- I'm going to a trampoline park on Wednesday. I've never been to one, so I'm very excited!

- Episode 4 of PJO drops tomorrow! I'm praying that we get more LMM in this one, he's the only reason I started watching the show in the first place.

- My theatre classes start back up this Saturday! This month will be focused on going over the show, figuring out casting, and maybe start character exercises and learning the music, depending on how long it takes for the directors to decide on roles. Starting February, we'll be going into the rehearsal phase!

- Auditions for my school's spring play will be the day after I get back to school, and rehearsals start in mid-to-late January.

- Our first band concert of the year is coming up! It's on the 24th... which is in like three weeks... I should probably go practice.

Oh how I love doing performing arts... *is dying on the inside*

Last edited:
Today was a great day off. I got to sleep in and woke up to Aurora snuggles. We had a nice walk this morning. Meeting up to walk with a friend.
11B118DA-F374-46FA-801E-09967C56CACD.jpeg
Had a nice afternoon getting some cleaning done. Restarted my second island and enjoying playing it. Started a journal for it. We took Aurora for a walk in the park this afternoon.
171B4FA0-045B-4F3D-AFF5-0948731BE9D2.jpeg
B3AD8510-A010-4415-A795-2F59FD96EF93.jpeg
1391DB33-C293-4E63-9305-D442F2FB9CD0.jpeg
Overall it was just a nice relaxing day . Hope everyone had a great day.

I was hoping to start the new year off right with a laidback but full day and I think I successfully pulled it off!! ;v; I'm up later than I wanted to be (again, oops) but that aside I'm very satisfied.
My parents and I finished watching the Fairy Tail anime!! I love the series and it'd been a while since I finished the manga, so the refresher and revisit was really nice. ;w; Also happy that Reedus made a few brief appearances in the last episodes hehe, even if I think he only had one line between all of them LOL
We also are still getting our morning walks in most days! I'm happy that we've been sticking with it, increasing the number of walks we're taking, and that it's getting easier ahaha
We also watched some more of Grian's Hermitcraft Season 9 finale! I loved all the silly Decked Out games with the other hermits.
I made time for some drawing and for working on some of my character bios on Toyhouse!
I spent the evening playing both Rune Factory 3 Special and Fashion Dreamer (where I hit 900k followers)!
And I got my lovely lump of coal for my misdeeds in the Naughty or Nice event!

-I was pleasantly surprised when my mom and niece decided to stay up til midnight with me.

-I didn’t mess up my sleep schedule too bad this weekend. I only overslept by one hour. So hopefully I won’t wake up too tired for work tomorrow.

-Then in the morning Mom noticed several hummingbirds by one of the trees in the garden. I’m surprised that they’re here already. I didn’t expect to see any until spring. Even then, that’s a rare sight.

-I received some New Year’s greeting here and was pleasantly surprised.

-I wrote a one page entry of things that happened in December in my journal. Also, the new songs that I’ve listened to.

-I studied a bit of customer service skills and got my stuff ready for work.

-Now I’m enjoying a cup of tea before bed.

What I did yesterday:
- My mom came back from vacation. She brought some gifts, including a cute puppy plush and a watch for me.
Puppy Plush.jpg
- My aunt cooked a lot of yummy food that she gave us for dinner since my mom returned home.
- Received some kind messages from my great aunt.
- Read a book in the evening.

What I did today:
- I had a nice breakfast that my mom cooked.
- Started drawing with a new set of soft pastels. I was like woah, colors are so vibrant and opaque.
- Spent time with the cats and they took a nap on my lap.
- Watched some anime and I almost finished the first season.
- Began playing Happy Home Paradise and I'm enjoying it so far. I purchased it mainly because I've been on a slump with interior decor, and I'm hoping it'll help give me some more creativity and inspo.

It's hard to believe that 2014 was ten years ago, I mean it's probably just that my perception of time changes as I grow but the time flew by so quickly, especially the years during the lockdown. Also, there wasn't a significant gap in technology from 2014 till now and social media was pretty mainstream among kids back then like nowadays, so it doesn't seem that old of a year to me. Well anyways, I hope everyone had a nice New Year 🎆

Last edited:
Today’s happies!

- Went in the pool with my family and played pool volleyball and piggy in the middle which was a lot of fun! It also felt good to be more active, as I haven’t been doing enough exercise lately.

- I kept forgetting to say in my posts here but on the flight home a couple weeks ago, I found a shiny Mimikyu!! Mimikyu is one of my all time favourite Pokémon and I’ve been hunting for ages, I’m so happy to have finally found my new monochrome potato sack friend 🤍

- Got my lump of coal! My only regret is not having the time to be worse 😔

- Managed to send a message to organise a hang out with a friend! I love spending time but struggle to message people, but we organised to go to the beach next week together 😊

- Played a game with my family, then ended tonight with a call with my partner 💚

- Had a very pleasant day! I slept for a long time last night, then chilled out mostly and watched YouTube, ate some stollen cake, then made some Nasi Goreng which turned out really nice :)

- Today I've actually been preparing for my trip in September a little, by trying some Malaysian food for the first time (I think I will be a fan), and I also bought a bunch of summer-y clothing from Zara in their sale with my Christmas money. I bought a lot of linen clothing haha

Back