• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

I'm happy that I managed to finish an art piece of one of my characters today! I wanted to try and get into drawing more often now, if possible. I haven't had much time to really focus on art for the past few years so I rarely make anything anymore. I was really proud of finishing something though!

Another thing I'm happy about today is that I managed to pull a really cool alternate art card of Rayquaza V from the Evolving Skies set! (A set that is quite notorious for being very unforgiving). The art is absolutely lovely and I'm ecstatic to add it to my ever-growing card collection!

20240103_201811_by_ningyoutachi_dgo2znv-pre.jpg

I also got an old 2001 Espeon card today. Espeon is my favorite Pokemon so I'm trying to collect all kinds of Espeon cards. This particular card isn't rare by any means but I just adore the art and had to have it!

20240103_202101_by_ningyoutachi_dgo2zo8-pre.jpg

Lastly, I didn't get this card today (I got it a few months back) but I display it on my desk and I look at it every day, which makes me quite happy. So I wanted to share one of my favorite cards! It's a Japanese Dark Gengar. I really like this card in particular because one of the holofoil shines on the top left looks like a red full moon when you look at it in person. It's a neat detail that I really love, not to mention the super fun art style!

20240103_201925_by_ningyoutachi_dgo2zoh-pre.jpg

I recently increased the number of reps I do when I work out with my dumbbells!! I haven't been getting any next-day muscle soreness and was starting to miss it a little LOL, so I decided it was time to start doing more, and I think it's working out!
My entry for White Elephant Creations made it to the voting! ;v; Super happy to see it up there with so many other incredible entries!!
Since yesterday was really busy, I let myself have more of a chill day today and tried not to feel bad over it! I played a little more Rune Factory 3 Special, and continued designing outfits for other players in Fashion Dreamer! I'm ridiculously close to 1 million followers now aaaa
I finished watching Grian's Hermitcraft Season 9 finale with my family this evening! Also started catching up on Dollightful's 12 Days of Craftsmas with my mom, and saw Markiplier's most recent Lethal Company video!

Today was a much better day than yesterday.

- I got to sleep in, which was nice. 💤

- Had a good time at work and got to see some super neat stuff. 📊

- I got to come home early from work, and my kitty was there waiting for me! She cuddled with me on my bed for a bit. 🐱

- The Dallas Mavericks beat the Portland Trailblazers 126-97. Sometimes you just need a win against a tanking team like that in order to get back on the right track. 🏀 🔥

- I spent the rest of the evening Audino training my Pokemon in my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke a ton, and just recently took on Elesa and defeated her without losing anyone! Kirishima the Excadrill and Momo the Stoutland were the stars of the show. 🎮

- The sun was out today, which was nice after all the rain that happened yesterday. :blush: 💚

Today was awful, but I’m happy it ended on a better note than the last couple days.

My parents surprised me with a reuben sandwich. I thought it was so thoughtful and kind of them; they didn’t need to get me anything when they went out but they did.

My kitties have been pretty snuggly the last few days. Yesterday, Spanky snored a little in my arms. I rarely hear her snore. She is my cute tiny baby 🥰. Jewels has been coming to snuggle too; I think they both know something is wrong and they’re trying to comfort me 🙂. I love them so much ☺️.

My conversation with my best friend went better just now. Earlier he was yelling at me (through text) and he kept saying let’s drop this. He kept threatening to stop talking to me too. It really hurt me, even though he kinda cares about me as a friend. there are better ways to help me. not wanting to listen to anything i say makes me feel worse; he doesn’t want to hear that either. Still, I’m happy we said good night on a better note. He was happy to hear that I was having fun with Genshin 🙂. I don’t want to lose his friendship, so even though overall I was very upset with him and will continue being upset until something I wish for happens (which probably won’t), I couldn’t help but be happy he accepted my apology, though he should be the one apologizing and not keep saying he told me many times and i chose to not listen. i can know how he feels and still be shocked.

Only a couple more days until Raiden Shogun’s banner in Genshin! 🎉 I tried a wish simulator and i got her on my fourth x10 pull along with two four stars I think. Would love that to happen though I’m hoping ☘️🤞 less than four pulls so I can save the rest for Neuvillette or Wriothesley’s rerun banners. 🙂 And after those two, Zhongli.
Post automatically merged:

Today was a much better day than yesterday.

- I got to sleep in, which was nice. 💤

- Had a good time at work and got to see some super neat stuff. 📊

- I got to come home early from work, and my kitty was there waiting for me! She cuddled with me on my bed for a bit. 🐱

- The Dallas Mavericks beat the Portland Trailblazers 126-97. Sometimes you just need a win against a tanking team like that in order to get back on the right track. 🏀 🔥

- I spent the rest of the evening Audino training my Pokemon in my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke a ton, and just recently took on Elesa and defeated her without losing anyone! Kirishima the Excadrill and Momo the Stoutland were the stars of the show. 🎮

- The sun was out today, which was nice after all the rain that happened yesterday. :blush: 💚

I just saw you had a bad day yesterday. I’m glad your day was better today 🙂. if you ever need to talk, don’t hesitate to message me. I’d be happy to listen - don’t worry about being a burden. you’ve listened to me and was kind to me even though you have your own problems.

You’re making me want to try Pokemon Black or White 2; debating about trying Violet too. I’m glad you’re having a lot of fun with White 2. 🙂 That’s awesome you didn’t lose any pokemon! 🥳

Last edited:
Today was thankfully better than yesterday 💚
  • Was able to spend more time relaxing than planned, started on organising my Violet boxes, which were a complete mess. I think I might have to start releasing some Pokémon though sadly, especially since I haven’t completed the Kitakami or Blueberry dex yet, but almost all boxes are full 😭
  • Went fishing with my dad and brother! Wasn’t the best weather for fishing and we didn’t catch much but it was still fun. I loved the feeling of the wind against my face.
  • We got kebabs for dinner and icecream for dessert! Both were nice. I got coconut 🥥
  • My brother got cheesecake which unfortunately tasted just like savoury cheese icecream 😭 felt bad for him but it was pretty funny

• I went grocery shopping and got everything I needed
  • I also got Mustachio a tub of temptations treats, she’s gonna be super happy! :D
  • Started watching an anime called Black Clover and am really enjoying it!! I’m super excited to watch more
  • My bf and I are probably gonna play some of the yugioh tcg later and of course watch many episodes of Naruto :)
  • I’m enjoying looking through/reading my new Dark World yugioh structure deck and learning how it plays :)

- my old car got valued way higher then I expected so the insurance place is sending me a decent cheque. Such a relief, I was worried they were gonna give me 5 bucks for the car
- my partners birthday is in a couple days. We're gonna have a turkey dinner to celebrate
- I bought the big jug of chocolate milk even though it was like $8

Not written for a few days as I felt absolutely terrible since Tuesday evening, but I’m happy to say I woke up this morning and felt much better! However, I did still have a few things that made me happy!

Tuesday, January 2, 2024
  • Woke up to a Lump of Coal and participation gumdrops in my notifications from ‘Naughty or Nice’ and 'The Sweetest Christmas'!
  • Heard the birds chirping outside from 8.30am!
  • Watched the 'Hollyoaks' New Year trailer. Don’t know if it’s a good sign, but my favourite character isn’t included!
Wednesday, January 3, 2024
  • I was happy that even though I still felt terrible, I managed to do some chores, get some shopping and go to an appointment with my Dad.
  • Traded my Asteroid Plush with MasterM64 for a Pikachu Easter Egg and a Cake!
Thursday, January 4, 2024
  • A CD single I ordered on Christmas Day, Gel pens and my diecast model of Cooter’s truck from 'The Dukes of Hazzard' were delivered today!
  • I liked the Gel Pens so much I ordered another packet along with some scented glitter pens, bottles of Tizer and a colour changing lamp. All due to arrive tomorrow.
  • Got bedding changed and washed.
  • Even though we didn’t have many Christmas decorations up this year because of Blossom, I got them put away in time for the Twelfth Night tomorrow.
  • Did some tidying up as everything seemed to have piled up in the last few days!
  • I bought another Nintendo Switch in May and I got a free download code for 'Super Mario Odyssey'. However, me being me, I didn’t enter the code at the time and put the code in a safe place. It was that safe a place that I couldn’t find it, until today! I was worried it was going to be out of date to redeem, but luckily it was still valid!
  • Watched an episode of 'The Green Green Grass' and 'The Equalizer'. There will only be one Equalizer in my opinion and that is Edward Woodward!
  • Saw a beautiful rainbow from my window!
20240104_193126-min.jpg

20240104_193145-min.jpg

☃︎ My doctor’s appointment this morning went well! I was able to get there on time and checked in with ease, and the doctor covering for my regular doctor was nice. I got my antidepressant/anti-anxiety meds refilled, and she gave me 3 months worth of them like I was hoping for without me having to ask! It didn’t take long for my prescription to be ready since I decided to just get it at the pharmacy there rather than the one closer to my apartment. The pharmacist there is super nice as well, so it’s always nice getting to see him and chat with him briefly. ☺️ It’s such a relief to finally have my meds again; I’m hopeful that they’ll make my brain a little less evil in time. 🤞🏻❤️‍🩹

☃︎ My mom and I went shopping after my appointment! We went to the mall (which is an act of love on her part since she hates going to the mall lol) in hopes of finding me a new phone case for my phone, but to no avail. I did get a Melanie Martinez Portals shirt, a Winter Wonderland Unicorno Tokidoki blind box, some cute sticky notes for me to use as name cards during future TBT events, and a few things that I needed though, so the trip wasn’t a loss at all! I love my new t-shirt and sticky notes a lot, and I’m happy with the Tokidoki figurine I got! My mom and I decided to go for lunch before heading home, and our meals were delicious! I’m still thinking about the strawberry banana smoothie I got… so good! 🤤
I didn’t buy any of these cuties, but man I was so tempted… I also found and didn’t buy a strawberry cow Snugible, a hot sauce angry boi froggy plush, and apple and peach froggy plushies that smelled like their respective fruits! I loved all of them, but I’m trying to be more mindful of what plushies I buy. I’m running out of room for them, so I can’t be buying every plushie I think is cute unfortunately
IMG_4792.gif
IMG_0037.jpeg

His name is PJ 🥹 I love the little bear sleeping on his head!
IMG_0039.jpeg

My shirt! Not sure if this’ll be part of the outfit I wear to her concert in June yet, or if I’ll wear a different top 👀
a36aed5320a136f81b3f9221827af57808b1254a.jpg

Sticky notes!! I love them 🥹🪿
IMG_0041.jpeg

☃︎ My dad and I had doctor’s appointments at the same time, so for the first time since adopting her, Bonk was left home alone by herself. There’ve been a few times where she’s been alone for 5 minutes or so, but today she was alone for just over an hour. I was anxious about how she’d handle it since she hates being alone, and can get a little destructive when she’s lonely, but she actually handled it like a champ! I’m sure she did plenty of meowing, but she was laying down when my dad got home, and it looks like she didn’t get into anything or do anything she wasn’t supposed to at all! I guess she prefers to save all of that for when we’re home. 😂 We still won’t be making leaving her home alone a habit, but I’m proud of her! 🖤
IMG_5388.jpeg

☃︎ Gonna play some more Mail Time tonight! It’s been a long day and I’m very tired, so I’m looking forward to hopefully just rewinding and playing a cute, relaxing game before bed.

- I bought the big jug of chocolate milk even though it was like $8
what’s the point of having money if you can’t splurge and spend it on a big jug of chocolate milk every once in a while tbh, enjoy your milk 🫶

Not written for a few days as I felt absolutely terrible since Tuesday evening, but I’m happy to say I woke up this morning and felt much better! However, I did still have a few things that made me happy!
I’m sorry you weren’t feeling well Jenny, but I’m glad you’re feeling much better now! Make sure to rest and take care of yourself 💜

My torbie kitty was being super sweet and licked me on the nose ;w;
I finally reached Master Rank in Fashion Dreamer! Also spent the last of my E-points on finally designing my fairy outfits/giving my showroom a makeover, which was fun, but I probably won't pick it back up again until the next QoL update comes out.
My mom and I finished watching Dollightful's 12 Days of Craftsmas series, and I finally got to see her newest doll, Polly Peppermint, who was really cute! We also all started catching up a little with GoodTimesWithScar's Hermitcraft series; hoping to get caught up with him too before Season 10 comes out.

I indulged myself in content related to some of my favorite characters while I wait for the new episodes of the Total Drama reboot to be released.
My work schedule for next week has been posted and I love it. I have a few opens, a few closes, and I'm starting early for the closes I do have.
I saw my favorite person briefly. She wasn't in a good mood but she was otherwise very sweet. She told me about a new drink she tried and it sounds delicious.

I have a new shirt arriving in the mail soon that I'm excited to receive. My plan is to wear it for a vacation we have planned for the end of this year, but it will also be fun to wear out and about. I was pleasantly surprised with how many anime fans were at Disney World, but it's not that surprising considering there's a whole anime store there.

Today was not good; Jewels did not help because she kept me awake but knocking stuff off my shelves, she somehow got some of the wood of one of my storage containers in my bathroom off and knocked my pads down and dragged one from the bathroom into my bedroom by her sushi house. I was very annoyed but at the same time her naughtiness makes me laugh and love her so much.

I just got to Sumeru in Genshin! I didn’t think I could go there yet since i haven’t finished Inazuma archon story quest; I’m stuck on the anti raiden training. i caught a dusk bird (toucan) right away! 🥳 that’s what I wanted a lot. I’m annoyed though with the limit on how many items i can place in my teapot. it seems like the animals take a lot. i have an electro moth looking thing and it says I am at max limit even though the load is yellow and i can place a fountain and food stalls and other things still. Either way, I’m excited. i hope to get some more recipes and blueprints and explore a little.

☃︎ My doctor’s appointment this morning went well! I was able to get there on time and checked in with ease, and the doctor covering for my regular doctor was nice. I got my antidepressant/anti-anxiety meds refilled, and she gave me 3 months worth of them like I was hoping for without me having to ask! It didn’t take long for my prescription to be ready since I decided to just get it at the pharmacy there rather than the one closer to my apartment. The pharmacist there is super nice as well, so it’s always nice getting to see him and chat with him briefly. ☺️ It’s such a relief to finally have my meds again; I’m hopeful that they’ll make my brain a little less evil in time. 🤞🏻❤️‍🩹
Great to hear that your appointment went well, Xara! Time to kick depression and anxiety's butt. 😤

I also wanted to mention that while I was reading one of your previous posts where you shared screenshots from Mail Time, I immediately thought of 2021 TBTWC when you showed the purple bellflowers hehe. 💜 If I recall correctly, you even came up with that team name back then, no? :)

----------------

It's a late one for me, but happy new year, everyone! My first post of 2024 and while nothing significant happened in the first few days, today (technically yesterday) was really great! 😌

January 4, 2024
  • For the first time in over a couple of weeks, the sun came out to shine and did so for the entire day! It sounds like I'm making a big deal about it, but I am! Day in day out, the weather was gloomy with clouds completely covering the sky. At some point, not only was I starting to get depressed, but irritated too, wondering when it'll end. I made the most of it whenever I can. ☀️ Unfortunately, it'll be cloudy again for a few days straight, but at least today broke that chain.
  • Speaking of work, things were fairly chill while soaking up the sunlight in the process!
  • Feel free to skip this point. Unfortunately, there's no new car to add to my identified cars list to start off 2024. While I may have likely spotted this last year, I feel like those doubts have erased it entirely. Y'all are gonna laugh at me, but I spotted a 2023 Tesla Model 3 Performance in a parking lot while I had to test drive a car at work earlier! The small rear wing, wheel rims, and the red brake calipers gave it away for me. It's in the colour blue as well... Just like the one I have in Gran Turismo 7! I was like, "oh shoot, it looks exactly like the one I have in game". :ROFLMAO:
  • Recently, I've been watching videos about a mod for The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time. This mod is so huge that it feels like a different game entirely ranging from the overworld, enemies, and a bunch more stuff! I also love the references from other Zelda games, especially Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages! ⚔️ Apparently, it's still unfinished, so I'd imagine the mod would be even greater! I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo decides to chuck out a cease and desist once it's fully complete lol.

* I got myself YouTube premium for a year. It was pricey, but VERY worth it. It is NICE being able to watch YouTube without any ads getting in the way.

* I also got myself some lotion and body spray off of Amazon. It is Bath and Body Works. I cannot order from the actual site anymore right not, because Vanilla gift cards have been getting declined, so I ordered said brand from a site that I can still use said cards. Problem solved. ^.^

* I overheard my dad talk about some stuff. One of them in particular being about the psychiatrist . I've said on here since, I believe September 14th of 2023 (this was the day I had my doctor appointment about my guardianship paperwork) that I will probably have to get the mental part of my guardianship paperwork filled out by a psychiatrist. Well, my dad said he is gonna go up there tomorrow. I do not know if he is gonna make me an appointment tomorrow, but he did say he was gonna up there partially for me, so it should be some progress nevertheless. ^_^

* So it turns out the Amiibo card I got back on September 11th DOES work after all, and is even compatible with New Leaf. ^_^ I got extremely paranoid that day since the cards look a bit different, and it was from this one NFC site that said "Compatible with New Horizons" and it didn't say anything about New Leaf, so this whole time, I thought that these were some type of special Amiibo cards only for New Horizons. Not only that, but I received two cards -- the actual Amiibo card, and a card with a QR, I think it is. Back on the day the cards arrived, I only tried the one with the QR code, since the other card didn't have anything on the back like the normal Amiibo cards do. I don't know why I waited until tonight to try the actual card, but here we are.
I was also a nervous disaster back on September 11th, because this was the day I got my medical results (three days before going to the doctor to go over the results again and to go over guardianship paperwork), so I was not thinking straight. Luckily, my results came back clean for the most part, which was extremely relieving, but it was still a bit nerve-wracking to hear my dad tell me some of the flaws of them (e.g. not enough water, slightly low iron, and slightly high bilirubin), so I was not thinking clearly on that day.

* I got an alt ACNH island started on the Switch Lite that my dad got for all three of us (me, my dad, and my brother) to use. If I can figure out local play, I am gonna use it to drop off a lot of the stuff on my current island, so I don't lose it. If I cannot figure out local play, someone generous on here offered to hold some of my items, since I plan to restart soon. ^_^ I am still gonna wait, since I agreed I would hold onto some stuff, since my friend Ashton also plans to reset so he can stop using his deadname and get a blue airport to fit his planned island theme.

* I did some time traveling in my New Leaf town (I will be restarting it too), and I got a chocolate heart and chocolate cake on Valentine's Day. I plan to move them on there, since they will go well with the lovely theme <3333 Luckily there should be a ACNL on here that holds onto people's things, so I should have that covered too <3333

* Had a fun time with my three online BFFs during a video premiere ^^

* I am just looking forward to tomorrow since my brother usually orders delicious food on Fridays <3333

- Today's the last day of work before the weekend! I also got paid today as well. 💸

- I Audino trained my team in my Pokemon White 2 Nuzlocke challenge while watching Pokemon Journeys! They're all level 36 now and consist of Serperior, Leavanny, Excadrill, Stoutland, Darmanitan, and Garbodor! Clay doesn't stand a chance when I get to him, hehe. 🎮

- Speaking of Pokemon Journeys, I finished it! Next time I watch it'll be time to make my way through Pokemon Master Journeys! I really love that Ash's Riolu evolved into Lucario, my favorite Pokemon, and the season ended in Unova, which is the region I'm doing my Nuzlocke in. 🤩

- I've got several things planned today that will help me a ton going forward. :blush: 💚

- Both of my packages got delivered today! I'm happy with my backpack, it's pretty big (50l), dark green, plus it feels good quality and waterproof, great for South East Asia lol. I'll probably test it out when I take my first solo trip Switzerland to hike in 2025. My next planned trips don't really warrant a backpack sadly lol.

- I'm also pleased that all of the clothes I bought fit ☺️ I got a linen shirt, linen shorts, linen wide leg pants, a sage green linen shirt dress, a tighter red patterned dress, a cropped halter top, and a red and white striped cropped t shirt. I got the shirt dress in XS and thought it might be too small (they had run out of size S) but I'm actually very thankful I sized down because even size XS is quite loose. I feel more prepared for hot climates now!

- It was nice to have a day off (y) I lazed around, lovely

Last edited:
Back