• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

Got a lot of errands done, and picked up my new medication!! I’ll be trying it out tomorrow morning!

I’m happy to see some more otome fandiscs getting English releases!! I’ll have to make sure I play enough of Radiant Tale by this summer to know if I’ll want to get the fandisc or not.

I know I had a really good arm workout yesterday because oh man are they sore today lol. I actually kind of like the feeling of muscle soreness from a good workout though, so hey!

My rainbow pencils arrived today AAAAA!!! I spent some time playing around and doodling with them, and I think I like them for outlining best! I’ve got a good supply that should last me a really long time too. ^^

I got another pajama party event in Rune Factory 5 (that actually acknowledged my marriage YAY), managed to get first place in the Bean Toss contest for the gold stamp, and decided to have my first kid with Murakumo!! I want to wife up Ludmila on my other file soon, but I think I'll wait until I have/get to know my first kid on this one, and then stick with my Ludmila file until my first child with her.

February 1st 2024

☆ I baked Sicilian lemon cupcakes! My partner says they're my best cakes yet. 🍋
20240201-160734.jpg

☆ Went out to a board game event, saw a number of my friends, and one even made me this! 🚀
20240202-112950.jpg

- I get paid next Thursday and have more money left in my account than I thought I'd have, so I treated myself to some art-related things (a glove to stop my hand from touching the screen accidentally, a phone stand and a lamp; I've been thinking about making 'draw with me' videos so this will be the first step towards that direction..)

- I finally got Nahida on the Genshin banner yesterday ^^

- I also downloaded Honkai Star Rail! I'm excited to give that a go.

- Read some more of my book - I'm now 15% of the way through.

- Going to my sister-in-law's tonight for dinner. Her husband is making Ramen, I'm so excited!!

- Had a good day today! I managed to get a good night's sleep, then had a nice time at university (I think getting a coffee before class boosts my focus and productivity tbh...), the trains were all on time, and I managed to finish up an errand I've been meaning to do after I got back.

- Had a bath, washed my hair, then did some extra work for next week before having pizza and sweet potato fries for dinner :)

- Glad I had a nice day today, since I think tomorrow won't be so nice!! Long day at work ahead....

before having pizza and sweet potato fries for dinner :)
Pizza for dinner? I had that too. 🍕😋 What did you add to yours? If you're talkin' about a certain yellow fruit... please add that as a "spoiler" to your response. We need to be... mindful, of the other pizza enthusiasts around here and certain yellow fruits on pizza tend to uh... how you say, "rustle someone's jimmies". 😏🤫🙊 I had mine with olives. Black olives... sliced in half... and plenty of parmesan cheese sprinkled on it. Like a white Christmas on a triangular chunk o' dough. 😋👍

The groundhog did not see the shadow, and we will have hot temperatures earlier. It’s a miracle.
I drank a bottle of water today and had a chorizo with some chocolate chip muffins for breakfast.
I got a call from my job asking me to start early today. I jumped on that immediately.

I’m back home from Vegas, and man, am I exhausted. I didn’t get to do as much as I wanted, but that was because I mainly wanted to relax and I didn’t have a lot of money on me anyway. Being in my own bed is such a blessing.

♡ - received my new headphones in the mail! i'm still waiting on my other stuff to come (they still haven't reached customs yet.. :() they're regular old bluetooth headphones that were like $18 CAD so they aren't amazing or anything but they're pretty good for their price!
♡ - took a detour while going home and went on a little excursion today after class. i originally just did it to kill some time since things wrapped up earlier than expected, but i actually found it to be a very cathartic experience, would recommend 10/10. def doing again!
♡ - played some acnl. i forgot how much i adore this game! 😁 also reminded me to start buying amiibo cards and get other stuff before the 3DS internet shutdown :/

* my brother got us McDonald’s for lunch
* I overheard my dad say he’s doing spaghetti tomorrow for lunch
* finally found my desired animal crossing town in the GameCube. I’m now set for all 5 games. you may remember, I did try to get into the older AC games back in August, but I just really wasn’t getting into them as much as I am now

Last edited:
Today I'm happy because:

- I've gone to bed a bit earlier the past two nights and it's really helped me feel better. I need to get more sleep.
- I had a quiet day at work with only one meeting. I didn't get everything done that I wanted, but I'm happy with what I did complete.
- I picked up strawberries and mint chocolate ice cream at the store to satisfy some cravings.
- My dog cuddled with me on the couch again this evening.
- It's the weekend! Looking forward to relaxing, playing some games, and sleeping in.

- Yesterday I went out for lunch with my dad! I got a passionfruit and mango smoothie that was amazing, I love passionfruit. The food was also really nice!

- Got lucky and found a pair of shorts that fit me for $5 in an op shop! I’m really fussy with shorts and most don’t fit in some way or another so I was happy with that, I’ve been wanting a spare pair.

- Played some genshin, did the Sakura cleansing quest which I enjoyed a lot!

- Grateful that my partner is safe and alright, and feeling better after a good night of sleep; they hit their head pretty hard yesterday so I was quite worried 💚

We were assailed by a vicious guard chihuahua on our walk today—thankfully my hiking boots are tall enough that my ankles were in no danger. 🤣 In all seriousness it was really quite cute, and a little kid soon came out to call the dog back inside ahaha. I was a little more concerned about a large loose dog looking very on-alert in his yard, but every time I gave him the ol’ “Who’s a good boy?!” his tail would wag everrr so slightly lmao. I love dogs

I spent the evening watching GoodTimesWithScar’s Lethal Company VODs with my mom and playing Rune Factory 5! I had a pretty funny bug where someone requested me to hunt some monsters, but instead of the monsters' name, the dialogue said that "some french fries are causing trouble"??? 😭 I’d gotten a request earlier to bring someone french fries which I think had something to do with it, but god I wish I’d screenshotted it. Also snagged a first place win in the Fishing Variety Contest and got the gold stamp for it, and caught my first Sunsquid while I was at it!

I'm just really happy about all the work I put in this week, both with my job, my martial arts, and personal training at the gym. It was busier than I thought it would be, but I think it was worth it. My legs, arms, and muscles all over are sore, but as long as I keep at it I have the potential to get super duper buff, haha. I've also been sleeping consistently for around two weeks now , and as a result I can remember things and past events more easily, and my dreams are coming back as well. I'm also glad because I don't have to work again until Tuesday. I'll use this time to rest and come back next week even stronger than before. My medicine change has also put me in a better mood overall over time. I'm also just really excited for the event I'm going to a month from now, namely the Texas Rangers baseball home opener against the Chicago Cubs. I hope they'll have a ceremony or something on the video board commemorating their World Series victory last year.

It helps to journal out my thoughts sometimes in this thread, especially the positive ones. If last year's theme was things getting better for me, then I suppose this year's theme is to "go beyond." I can't wait to see how much more I grow! :blush: 💚

I had a very long day at work yesterday. It’s like I worked two shifts in one day, which is great for my paycheck. Very busy, however. They insisted I go up front to help them get caught up. For someone that has absolutely no idea what they’re doing up there, I think I did well.
I saw the cutest little bulldog last night. He had on a doggy turtleneck. He was so cute.

I’m very happy that I’ve gotten my whole “favorite person” thing under control. That’s a huge win for my BPD.
I’m a little stressed about something coming up, but I’m sure it’ll be fine and I’m managing.

February 2nd 2024

☆ We invited seven of our friends over for a movie night. One of them I rarely see due to her anxiety, so it was lovely to spend time with her again! We ordered Chinese food and watched Shaun of the Dead. 🧟‍♂️

☆ My lemon cakes went down so well with everyone. We've two left of the eleven we put out. 🍋

☆ One guy brought his Steam Deck so I could try Palworld before things got too busy. I want this game! 🎮

☆ Another brought us little gifts he'd made. He made a penguin for my partner and a Highland cow for me! 😊
20240203-141109.jpg

Pizza for dinner? I had that too. 🍕😋 What did you add to yours? If you're talkin' about a certain yellow fruit... please add that as a "spoiler" to your response. We need to be... mindful, of the other pizza enthusiasts around here and certain yellow fruits on pizza tend to uh... how you say, "rustle someone's jimmies". 😏🤫🙊 I had mine with olives. Black olives... sliced in half... and plenty of parmesan cheese sprinkled on it. Like a white Christmas on a triangular chunk o' dough. 😋👍
Don't worry, I had a spinach, ricotta, and tomato pizza. Yours sounds pretty delicious too! 😂

I'm happy today because:
- Work is over! It didn't actually go so badly even though its saturday 😅 I don't have to go in until Monday now.

- Going out for dinner tonight

- I'm just excited to have a rest day tomorrow, and hopefully get some university work done 😖

Back