• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What Are You Happy About Today?

- I got up early for work and was even able to sneak in some Genshin Impact and Honkai: Star Rail time. 🎮

- I went to martial arts practice again tonight and continued working on transitions. 🥋

- Some merch I ordered from one of my friends arrived today! I finally have my first MHA merch, and I got more Genshin merch as well! I won't tag her here this time, but the friend in question is @/KimiyoCake! 💚

- About to start season three of Haikyuu!! 🏐 🔥

P5ubXqY.jpg

kiiiinda been all wound up about my appointment tomorrow hhhhh, but aside from that!

I watched some Youtube with my family today, including another episode of Markiplier’s Lethal Company series!! Hoping to watch the next one after I get home tomorrow maybe.

And I finished Year 1 on my file with Murakumo in Rune Factory 5!! 💜 Also tamed a lot more monsters, and I’m over halfway towards completing Terry’s request to tame fifty, and I was even able to tame Cerberus with the first piece of cake I offered him! I prepared a lot more than that because I was not expecting it to go that easily after all the trouble the Nine-Tailed Fox gave me. The townsfolk are gonna be getting gifts of cake for days

Today I'm happy because:

- My primary care doctor called to check in with me after she received my test results from last week. She wanted to make sure I was doing okay and didn't have any questions. I wasn't expecting that and appreciated it.
- I saw one of the bunnies in the neighbor's yard this evening.
- I had some chocolate ice cream for dessert.
- My dog snuggled with me on the couch.

-The past weekend I mostly just played Rune Factory 3 Special. It felt nice to do something self indulgent instead of responsible like learning or cleaning.

-At work I managed to scan almost all of my documents, including the ones that gave me a bit of trouble.

-The weather was very nice during lunch.

-I get to pick up my nephew from daycare now. Seeing him in the backseat made me feel nostalgic to when my niece was a young child.

* Mine and the living room XBOX controllers came in. My dad got controllers a couple weeks ago, because one of my previous ones had very bad stick drift. However, he didn't know that it was a third party controller and that they got banned. But thankfully, he got regular ones afterwards, which came in today as mentioned ^_^

* Also, people are already preparing for Valentine's Day, which honestly warms my heart. I love the first half of February because of all the VD-related stuff that goes on. <3333 💕 🌹 💕 🌹
Look, guys...I may be single and AroAce, but I don't know...there's just something about Valentine's Day that makes me so happy... :,)

My dad hates VD because he thinks people feel pressured to buy things. He sees it as something invented by women. I do not think people should have to feel like they have to buy stuff for people (this goes for other holidays too), but the same claim can be made about other events, including Father's Day. I almost feel like he sees it as a toxic day, which I guess it CAN be, but it has its good aspects too. People just need to be more careful with how they handle holidays. And I will admit, the parental days stress me out because I feel like I have to give my parents some sort of special acknowledgement. Luckily, my dad just wants the day to do whatever the hell he wants (which also goes for his other days off), but my mom...yeah, mother's day is what I mostly worry about. Luckily, I also have a reason to like it thanks to a friend of mine, but yeah...it is still a bit stressful, especially considering how my mom can be...

Luckily, my dad just wants Father's Day to be like every other day he's off from work, but I digress. The point is, while I respect people who dislike VD, I do wish they would understand not all of us like it for toxic/forceful reasons.

Yeah, I kinda went off on a tangent there. Sorry about that, but I just wanted to get all of this out there. XD

Last edited:
Today I woke up late feeling kinda bad, but overall a pretty decent day

- Played some more Genshin. Sadly did not manage to get raiden in time, but at least I have about 74 wishes towards the next banner I go for. Managed to get a couple artifacts I needed, and I got up to visiting Kokomi, the island is so pretty

- Went for a little swim today

- Pasta for dinner!

I've been feeling grateful again for the fact that I am able to have such a long holiday from uni, and that my parents are willing to support me over the period. Also, usually I end up in a pretty bad mental place over the holidays, I think because I have so much time to think, but these holidays I've managed to consistently keep myself busy with fun activities, and I've been in a pretty good mental place for the most part, which has been a nice break from studying. 💚

- University went smoothly! I attended all my classes for the day, train delays weren't too bad, and I even did a little bit of work during a gap in my schedule. I kind of missed going into the city, love the feeling of being anonymous, maybe thats why I like travelling so much? It feels like I could be anyone when I'm in a busy environment with nobody I know 😅

- It didn't rain at all today, it was actually really nice to see the blue sky with lots of clouds. I watched the sunset as I rode home on the train :)

- Baked some really amazing chocolate chip shortbread biscuits last night 😍

• Had some delicious cheesecake and coffee this morning :)
  • Had a great shift at my volunteer job with the rescue cats. Here's a pic of a couple of them ❤️
  • I appled to three part time jobs today, hopefully I hear back from one of them! One is a clothing store which I have experience in, the other are two of the same jobs at burger kings just different locations, I've never worked food service, only retail/cahsiering. So it's a little out of my comfort zone but that's okay, sometimes you need a challenge to grow! :)

Attachments

• kittenangels.jpg
    kittenangels.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
Today I'm happy because:

- Booked an appointment I didn't think I'd be able to get so soon

- Had a great puppy play date with Donut and another dachshund

- I found out today that I'm a top contender for one of my preferred job choices. Now, more waiting 🙏

- I was feeling incredibly down about something in my personal life, but it seems to be on an upswing now, which I'm extremely thankful for

-------

The other pup was beyond done with Donut's energy when she went in for a goodbye kiss 😂

IMG_20240130_130112_662.jpg

Last night at work wasn’t so bad. It was actually pretty dead, so I’m thankful for that.
I ended up seeing the new Mean Girls movie in theaters and it was great.
I had the day off, soI played some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I have today off, I work the morning on Wednesday, and I have off again on Thursday. This is my favorite part of the week.

Keagan got a new lambchop. This one has hearts on it. He wouldn't let go of it. In both photos, you can see one of his many lambchops behind the fridge.

IMG_4267.jpeg

IMG_4265.jpeg

• I finally tackled some reorganisation in the kitchen that I've been putting off since at least December. Our pots & pan cupboard now actually closes!
  • I had a very stressful meeting this evening, so I rewarded myself after with a comfort dinner of tomato & basil soup and too many cheddar cheese sandwiches. I really should have made something healthier but goddamn it I have been stressing over that meeting every waking minute for three days now - I deserve nice things!
  • I was home alone this evening, so I started American Horror Story: Hotel and played Pokémon Brilliant Diamond. I'm working on levelling two specific Pokémon up for the Elite 4.

I had a really nice day off. I got to sleep in. Me and Aurora got a nice walk in the morning.
My aunt is visiting from another state. So a bunch of us went out to breakfast. I had some really good chocolate chip pancakes. We got some errands done this afternoon. Picked up
A cute Valentine’s Day decoration. Aurora is not too sure about it. I also found an Easter toy for Aurora.
E63E0F41-573A-4726-B5B2-96C4FED743A8.jpeg
59958512-0452-460B-9CD3-5AF3D64A451F.jpeg
F795B39E-3402-435C-A994-D0EABE019395.jpeg

I played some ACNH and Palia this morning and again this afternoon.
On our evening walk we meet up with a friend of ours and Aurora got to walk with Charlie . It was nice to see them and get one last walk with them as they will be moving out of state tomorrow.
It was a nice relaxing night and we made lasagna for dinner. Hope everyone had a great day.

Today I'm happy about lots of animal related things:

- I saw some of my favorite neighborhood dogs plus a few new ones on our walks today. One was a beautiful Doberman with natural ears. 🐕‍🦺
- I saw a pretty red Cardinal.
- I saw a rather large predatory bird perched near the top of our neighbor's tree. I've seen plenty of hawks around the area, but this bird looked different. Despite being a pretty good distance away, the first thing that struck me was that its face looked kind of owlish, but it definitely wasn't an owl. After a quick search, I'm almost positive it was a Northern Harrier. I've never seen one of those before. It was also funny because there was a crow in the same tree squawking at it and the Harrier could not even be bothered to acknowledge the crow's existence. 🦅
- I saw one of the bunnies out during our late night walk. It was too dark to tell which one it was, but it stayed pretty close to us the whole time, hopping around just at the edge of the light from my flashlight. 🐇
- Seeing Keagan, Donut, Aurora and the cute rescue kitties made me smile. 😊

1706684826659.png

My art motivation has been coming back for a while now (It was at an all time low because I was sick >_<)
I've gotten 10 new character refs complete within this week, finished two commissions, am half-way done with one, and will soon start on two of them this month!
I'm also preparing for Valentine's day. I will be drawing a lot of my OC ships and my self-ship (Me and Ludwig Von Koopa) together. I am also thinking of buying a Valentine's day gift for myself and my older brothers. Specifically from a candy site called "Sugarfina". My oldest one bought from it before, and oh my god...the blue gummy whales he bought for me were freaking delicious. Definitely getting them again. <333
I also restarted my island on New Horizons around the beginning of January. My close friend Shawna (who is on this site) was kind enough to hold onto my items for me in the meantime. Eventually, we finished moving everything onto my new one.
My currently island is now known as Nieve. Spanish for snow since I am Hispanic myself <3333
Blue airport as well, main season is Winter. Time of day at night <3333
I plan on making my island a winter themed island with a side of astronomy. I absoloutely LOVE Winter, snow, ice, and space. They're all so whimsical and elegant <333
I even got one of my dreamies out of pure luck! I have Sherb as my lazy villager. I may keep Blanche as well, since she fits the snowy vibe too! <333
I do eventually want Sprinkle, Lolly, and Julian as well <333

I have my British Sign Language course starting today!
Finally, there have been strikes and was suppose to have started two weeks ago.

Its an evening course so its gonna be a drai from travelling and having to wake up the next day at 5am. But im excited to learn~☆

Had a great day at university, my professor complimented my 9 inch platforms and asked me forward him a source I found so that made me feel like a great student. Had some good laughs with my friends about North Korea, the US and Australia (its a politics class dont worry! Strictly appropriate) - and to top it all off, some jokes about how if my professor ever brought up Animal Crossing I would be the first to snap.

I also got very passionate very quickly today when somebody suggested Tom Nook was greedy and bad by way of being a landlord. Needless to say I put that suggestion to rest!

posting for yesterday!
My appointment went super smoothly and way way faster than usual!! I seriously thought I was gonna be there for a couple hours, but the whole thing was done with in about thirty minutes. ;v; Also going to be trying a new depression medication (keeping the same anxiety one), so hopefully this one will work a bit better!

Treated myself to the first Jack Jeanne Shuffle mini-album and also RAINBOW PENCILS!!! 🌈 Can’t wait for these to arrive!!

I played Rune Factory 5 for a while and I’m really close to completing the request to tame fifty monsters!! I got a better look at the Sneaksqueek and realized it’s a little ninja squirrel?? It has a shuriken symbol on its back??? I love it so much omg

Caught up with Markiplier’s Lethal Company series again and watched a few other videos with my family as well!

- I have had a productive day between sorting out my student finance issues and reaching 3000 words total for my diss. I also cleaned the bathrooms, did some laundry & planned meals/went food shopping!
Benefits of an empty laundry basket: extra hidey hole for Todd
IMG_0465.jpeg

- the new genshin update is here which means I’ll eventually be able to get Nahida! I’ve enjoyed exploring the new area 😊

Back