• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What do YOU Think of Reddit?

I haven't really got much to go by, but I just had a quick look and it doesn't entice me to use it.

For me, it's just the layout, it hurts my eyes.
But the references to 4chan aren't putting it in a good light for me, I was on Tumblr a LOT when they tried to 'hack' it, and some horrible things went on. Any site that has a NSFW section scares me, haha.

I am way too addicted to TBT, so anything that isn't TBT is just...no.

Reddit doesn't have a NSFW section. It has a SFW section.

Oh my god I used to go on Reddit.

Reddit is insane. It's helpful, very helpful yes. You can procrastinate, you can gather info, you can ask stuff. Reddit has everything. But it has the worst people too.

I was there, it was a nightmare. Those kind of people chewed me away. Creepers, stalkers. So many of them.

10/10 wouldn't go again.

Well, there're parts of Reddit I like but also parts that I dislike. It's just a really big site which makes that you can find a huge variety of people on there. I don't really like the layout of it but it has a lot of interesting topics.

I stay away from Reddit. It can be helpful but otherwise I just don't use it.

I don't like it. The community seems rude. Don't they have like a r/fatshaming section or something?

Also subreddits dedicated to beating women, rape, hurting animals, child abuse racism, Nazi appreciation, pictures of dead children, self harm pictures, "SEXY ABORTIONS"

But hey... fat shaming subreddits are the worst subreddits!

Last edited:
It's great, instant access to what's happening in the world and it has some very interesting content :). And you guys have to realise the Reddit staff can't delete these bad subreddits because they want Reddit to be a place of free speech (but they have been known to take down extreme ones).

It's great, instant access to what's happening in the world and it has some very interesting content :). And you guys have to realise the Reddit staff can't delete these bad subreddits because they want Reddit to be a place of free speech (but they have been known to take down extreme ones).

Last time they tried to shut down a subreddit there was strike and they lost a ton of income, and a horrible lady was fired

I have never been on reddit... I have seen things FROM reddit posted on other sites like tumblr and facebook, but I've never been ON reddit. So I have no feelings towards it.

Oh yea I should mention that the site has some super amazing content. Want some news? You got r/worldnews. Gifs? r/gifs. Cute pics? r/aww. Want a laugh? Go on r/tifu. Hilarious Facebook posts? r/blackpeopletwitter. Gaming? r/gaming.

The community is awful, though.

I stay away from Reddit. It can be helpful but otherwise I just don't use it.

Also subreddits dedicated to beating women, rape, hurting animals, child abuse racism, Nazi appreciation, pictures of dead children, self harm pictures, "SEXY ABORTIONS"

But hey... fat shaming subreddits are the worst subreddits!

But Creepshots was shut down once the media heard word of what happened. It turns out, the most respected Redditor on Earth, Violent Acrez, had been a creepy meanie who posted on these kinds of threads!

But Creepshots was shut down once the media heard word of what happened. It turns out, the most respected Redditor on Earth, Violent Acrez, had been a creepy meanie who posted on these kinds of threads!

It was shut down, but there's still a twitter page, Reddit alternative page, Tumblr blog, probably even some Facebook pages. I didn't mention that because it got shut down 3 years ago.

My first time going to reddit was to find free games in /r/SteamGameSwap (got Payday 2 that way). I branched out a bit and came across /r/GlobalOffensive and /r/anime - and now go on reddit everyday for the aforementioned subreddits plus many other stuff. I personally like the layout, am indifferent to the community, and stay there for the content and the laughs and the dank memes.

Reddit is now one of the sites I frequently browse on a daily basis and I can't get enough of it. fak

It's like everywhere else on the internet. You gotta dig through a lot of crap sometimes to find gold. I rather enjoy the funny/creepy/gaming subreddits, I visit occasionally.

To have an opinion on the community of an entire site is kind of silly, since there are so many people there are so many varying personalities.

That being said, I generally like to keep to more niche subreddits where the communities are very welcoming, but I love going to AskReddit to read people's stories.

never really used it, don't really get it?? I think i have an account but it's super old and I only used it once. it seems like a better place than 9gag or 4chan or w/e though

Back