• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What is the first thing you will do when the update drops on November 5th?

If The Roost is available, go there.
If not, set ordinance, and checkout the nook milage stuff and Harvey's Island and then check out HHP.

If The Roost is available, go there.
If not, set ordinance, and checkout the nook milage stuff and Harvey's Island and then check out HHP.
I have a feeling we may have to do something in order for The Roost to be built inside the museum. I think if I remember correctly back last year when Redd came to the game the only way to get the Art museum is that you have donate to blathers enough times and then he will ask if you if you have any painting or statue to donate. Once you give it to him he will start renovating the museum and the art gallery is completed. In New Leaf you had to donate to Blathers 50 times in order for The Roost to be built on your Town. So I am unsure how it will work in this game.

Probably get to work on Harv's island, to see if there's any shops I can pay off. After that I'll take a look at all the new items in Nook Shopping, get the new recipes, hairstyles, things of that sort. After that I'll most likely check out the DLC. I work that night so I know I'm not gonna want to put this down haha. Oh, also hopefully I'll go to Target that morning and see if I can get my hands on some amiibo cards. I used to work at my local Target and I'm hoping I can ask my friends in electronics section to buy me a couple packs to pay them back for.

First thing I'm going to do in-game is check Nook's Cranny for new items and either visit Harv or Kapp'n.
I'm definitely going to check the stock at Target for the series 5 amiibo packs first thing in the morning though. Even got some family members to keep an eye out for them, because there's no doubt they'll be snatched up quickly.

Not directed at Firesquids specifically but more of a comment hijack - anyone know if Target has any of their buying limitations on packs? Anyone with experience buying the re-released series 1-4 know? My store doesn't have them in stock right now, so I don't know.

My Target was specifically limiting the Sanrio packs to 1 or 2 per person. That's fine for Sanrio obviously, but we have legitimate reasons to want to buy, for example, 5 packs due to the way these card packs and their randomness works. At the same time, we don't want to scalpers to buy everything so a limitation is fair as long as it's not too small.

My experience was that it was dependent of the store. For the restock of 1-4, there was one or two stores that only displayed 2 packs each at a time and/or you had to ask the workers to grab some from the inventory in the back for you. They would bring you only two packs of each series you asked for if they still had any left. Other stores though, there wasn't any limit and they threw their whole stock on the shelf.

I'm gonna get every single farmable plant and make huge fields for em. I'm completely redesigning my town in preparation right now. When I started on the day of the direct my town was covered entirely with pumpkins. Now I'm adding orchards and a big ol' path. Outside of that... nah nothing really. I just want a game to farm and share the crops around, and now it's a reality <3

I’m hopping off the internet all weekend so I can discover all the new fun things firsthand rather than via datamines and reports from time travelers. This is an opportunity to relive the first days of the game again, and I will not squander that joy of discovery for myself!

Also, remember, don’t start up the game at all on November 4 (for US members) so that when the update drops that night, the changes are reflected in Nooks (and Able’s, depending on your time zone) immediately!

This is such a great question seeing as there's going to be different answers for this and do love seeing what other people are excited for regarding this update!

As for me, I would get some aerobics done then visit Brewster as I've been waiting for him and the Roost to open for awhile and as somebody who loves coffee, definitely going to be needing that in-game coffee fix. I'll also try and see if I can do some aerobics (because let's be honest, I've never played the first game on Gamecube but would see this on people's walkthroughs/playthroughs videos and stuff and so glad that we're getting this feature again), stop by Nook's Cranny for new items as well as get the Nook Mileage stuff before visiting Harv to help set up the shops, see Kapp'N and venture to different islands, and just work on my island again seeing as I'm restarting my island soon so it'd be would a perfect time to also do that! c:

I'll probably either go on a boat ride from Kapp'n since I have a lot of Nook miles, or go get some coffee from Brewster's. I'll also might head to a nearby target for the amiibo cards if the have anything

buy the dlc, i am so pumped! And then i will go and visit lovely brester for a cuppa

I'll visit a Target, a GameStop, and another Target, hoping to get some Amiibo Cards. It will be after work, so I am not expecting the best luck.

Once I get home, I'll buy more storage, buy some crops (if it is easily available, and does not require Leif randomly appearing, plant them at the farm, visit Blathers and try to start the process of getting the Roost to open, Visit Harv's island and open Redd's shop, call Raymond to the Campsite (assuming that I get his card), and then design Vacation homes all day.

Last edited:
- Get Brewster and the Roost sorted since I don't know if it'll be as easy as 'oh he just appears with the update' I imagine there'll be some work we need to do
- Go to Harv's island and get the new shops up and running, prioritizing Katrina and Reese/Cyrus
- Go to Target & GameStop and try to find series 5 cards

2FC5177A-5799-4BA7-8A27-8A7910E2CEE0.jpeg

I saw this on Reddit and thought we might all enjoy the laugh. Definitely raises a good point that we’re gonna get some new dialog from Isabelle right away, so I look forward to that!

-Visit EB Games after work to see if I can get any of the new Amiibo cards (doubt it).
-Check the shops to see if any of the new items are in stock
-Visit Brewster
-Spend Nook Miles on the new licenses/plaza items
-Start setting up the Plaza on Harv's island

I guess it depends.

We need to remember that we're almost definitely not going to have everything unlocked right away. There's most likely stuff we have to do first to unlock Brewster/Kapp'n/etc. I'd be genuinely shocked if they are automatically unlocked for us on day one without having to do anything.

So really, whatever I get access to first! :)

Honestly I’m probably going to try to figure out how to start a garden!!! i already have a spot picked out and everything for one

I think I want to save my first roost visit to experience with friends!

I’ll also probably go see Kapp’n pretty early on, but i’m going to tryyyy to hold off on the DLC until i finish finals

Probably start working on unlocking everything at Harv's Island since I have a sinking feeling that this area will have a lot of new content, then likely play around with Kapp'n's mysterious island tours.

1. I’ll wake up and download HHP
  2. Then boot up the game and talk to Nook and expand my storage 😂…I’m kind of a hoarder in this game and I’ll need room for any new items.

Back