• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What month do you think AC3DS will be released in?

LilyElizabeth

Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Small Mailbox
Sorry sorry sorry I'm sure this has been asked so many times, please don't hate me :c
But I'm just curious about when you guys think it'll be released for Europe, America etc.
I'm not clued in when it comes to games and nintendo, I've only ever played animal crossing (and a bit of mario a few years ago) so I have no idea how long it usually takes to translate a whole game and get it released.
I was kind of hoping for a late February release (because that's around my birthday :D) but I'm doubting it now. I'll be gutted if they wait until June :(

They did say it would be the first quarter of 2013 though, so that's January, February, March... which would be great :D

They actually said first half of 2013, i. e. January-June. I'm assuming a release around late March/April.

Considering it might be out in the first half of 2013, I would give it a range of somewhere between March to May. Give or take a month.

Of course, Q1-Q2 means that it actually could be released in June. But at the risk of being naive, I daresay that this is way too late though. Nintendo is a modern company and having months between release dates of the same game is not a modern way to solve this issue.

So I suggest that they take like nearly half a year from now on, which would me a veeery late release though. February/ March is my guess.

I was kind of hoping for a late February release (because that's around my birthday :D) but I'm doubting it now. I'll be gutted if they wait until June :(

They did say it would be the first quarter of 2013 though, so that's January, February, March... which would be great :D

My birthday is late february too, so i hope it will be out in time for my birthday too. :)

I am thinking March, but I hope it's early February in time for the Festivale because that's my favorite holiday for Wifi'ing.

I am thinking March, but I hope it's early February in time for the Festivale because that's my favorite holiday for Wifi'ing.

I really hope it's February because then it will seem really close after christmas. So when all the festive celebrations are over I'll suddenly remember animal crossing and be really excited again ^^

For Luigi's Mansion they were more specific, and said first quarter (I think), but for AC they just said first half. So I'm guessing it's gonna release in the second quarter.

My birthday is late february too, so i hope it will be out in time for my birthday too. :)

Wow. My birthday is late February too. What if we're all the same person, but from alternate universes or some other science crap?

Also, my birthday is extremely easy to remember: 2/22.

For Luigi's Mansion they were more specific, and said first quarter (I think), but for AC they just said first half. So I'm guessing it's gonna release in the second quarter.

I think it's just that Nintendo isn't sure when the translation will be done, because it can take a long time, and vary much more than other games because Animal Crossing is basically built around dialogue. And then it might take about a month or even just a few weeks to translate Luigi's Mansion 2 where Animal Crossing has likely started translating months ago. For all we know, Animal Crossing could come out before Luigi's Mansion 2. If Animal Crossing were to definitely be released in Q2, it wouldn't be first half, it would be Q2.

I think March through May. I think they are done with the game, they just have a plan.

Why bother releasing the US version (for example at least) before the Wii U? Sure, AC has a bigger fanbase, but the Wii U would foreshadow it.

Now if they released it way after, don't you think it would gain more sales?

I think March through May. I think they are done with the game, they just have a plan.

Why bother releasing the US version (for example at least) before the Wii U? Sure, AC has a bigger fanbase, but the Wii U would foreshadow it.

I agree...they are done with the game, they are just waiting for the perfect marketing moment to release it. They are releasing to Japan now because that market is not really into home consoles, whereas the other world markets are, so they are releasing WII U. My guess is they are going to hold AC until the release fervor dies for WII U, which should land sometime in February. Since they have not released Luigi's Mansion to Japan yet, I would daresay that it will possibly come in the same order for the rest of the world. I am not sure how popular LM is over AC, so I could be wrong there.

I wish Nintendo would let people pay double to get a game early. They would likely make craploads of profit.

I wish Nintendo would let people pay double to get a game early. They would likely make craploads of profit.

But remember, Nintendo can't force the stores to sell something for a price. Thats what MRSP is.

The only exception is when its sold on the eShop, they can do whatever price they want.

And also, we got ACCF before Japan did. Translating was short. Yeah, AC3DS has mountains of texts, but its NOA translaters. You never know ;)

I'm in the March-May boat, so I think I'm gonna go with April. I think those three months are the most likely, so I just picked to middle man out of them. Although, my birthday is in May.

It would actually be kind of ironic if I got it on my birthday, because my mom prepaid for the game on my birthday last year, so it would be like I was getting my 18th birthday present for my 19th birthday.

I'm in the March-May boat, so I think I'm gonna go with April. I think those three months are the most likely, so I just picked to middle man out of them. Although, my birthday is in May.

It would actually be kind of ironic if I got it on my birthday, because my mom prepaid for the game on my birthday last year, so it would be like I was getting my 18th birthday present for my 19th birthday.

Aha that would be pretty cool :') I'd be annoyed if it comes out like a day after my birthday xD

Back