• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What month do you think AC3DS will be released in?

The release date could be determined by localisation priority. Since there's a very positive reception regarding the media content of Tobidase Doubutsu no Mori, not just in Japan, but also in English-speaking countries (any others?), priority could change. If demand or positive feedback increases, we could see an earlier release, provided it does not conflict with other first party releases.

I've seen AC's release date being in the 2nd quarter. So it's very likely (at this pace) that it will be released April or May.

I'm praying for March...

images

You guys remember when the 3DS came out? Nintendo said it would come out before the end of March in America. It came on the very LAST Sunday in March. They waited until the very last moment to release it.

I have the same prediction for this game. I think Luigi's Mansion will be released in early Q1, and then Animal Crossing will be released on June 30th, the last Sunday in June.

I'd also like to point out that NoA has been ignoring every popular IP (Kid Icarus doesn't count, as it's not something anyone was asking for) EXCEPT Mario. Luigi's Mansion is within the Mario canon. So my prediction is they'll continue to place importance on Mario games (I'm bitter because I don't like platformers) over other IPs, including Animal Crossing. NoA has been on my bad side for this since a few months after the release of the 3DS. (Although I am excited for Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario, I'd like to see more IPs actually released.)

I'd also like to point out that I think the game is probably done as well, they're just purposefully holding back the release. Although I think it has less to do with the Wii U and more to do with the fact that they think Paper Mario will sell more AND sell more consoles during the holiday season. They just care about Mario selling better... Although as far as I know the Wii U may be a factor as well. I just don't think it's the primary factor.

I don't know about Nintendo favoring Mario..
But NoA sure as hell does. Whatever image is most recognized is what they think is going to be the best to focus on. EVERYONE knows about Mario. Not everyone knows about some of the other titles. but..

From what I can tell, AC3DS has been the most worked on title for the 3DS so far. But you're right on the fact that the game is done, they're just waiting to release it at a good time when it'll sell the best. The Wii U and whatever other games they plan on releasing after that are what is making the release so far away.

I don't know about Nintendo favoring Mario..
But NoA sure as hell does. Whatever image is most recognized is what they think is going to be the best to focus on. EVERYONE knows about Mario. Not everyone knows about some of the other titles. but..

From what I can tell, AC3DS has been the most worked on title for the 3DS so far. But you're right on the fact that the game is done, they're just waiting to release it at a good time when it'll sell the best. The Wii U and whatever other games they plan on releasing after that are what is making the release so far away.
I meant NoA when I said they were favoring Mario. I should have been more specific.

WW sold ridiculously well in America. A lot of people know about the other titles. Mario games just sell the best, and the slow start of the 3DS seems to have made NoA too nervous to take a chance ion any IP except Kid Icarus. NoA has only been releasing games that sell the best, not any games that just sell well. (Aka, Mario versus non-Mario.)

I don't think it has anything to do with when AC:3DS will sell best. I think they'll release it during a time when they have low games sales because they think it won't do as well as Mario in the States. I think the best release times are reserved for Mario games. (For example, Paper Mario being release soon, during the holidays, instead of Animal Crossing.)

And again, I don't think the Wii U is a big factor. Otherwise they wouldn't be releasing Paper Mario either. It's simply a matter of 'Paper Mario is filling the Holiday Nintendo 3DS big game slot,' because it will sell better because it's Mario.

I suppose June would be better for my degree, and at least term time moves fast. I'm hoping for Feb, but I think realistically it will be May-June. I hope it's not early May cause then my exams are gonna be compromised :p

I hope the game releases either on April or early May.

Since they're Nintendo, they like to drag things to a date which is reaaallly unsuspected... So I presume that if its 1/4 of next year, its March and if its 1/2 of next year, its June...

I meant NoA when I said they were favoring Mario. I should have been more specific.

WW sold ridiculously well in America. A lot of people know about the other titles. Mario games just sell the best, and the slow start of the 3DS seems to have made NoA too nervous to take a chance ion any IP except Kid Icarus. NoA has only been releasing games that sell the best, not any games that just sell well. (Aka, Mario versus non-Mario.)

I don't think it has anything to do with when AC:3DS will sell best. I think they'll release it during a time when they have low games sales because they think it won't do as well as Mario in the States. I think the best release times are reserved for Mario games. (For example, Paper Mario being release soon, during the holidays, instead of Animal Crossing.)

And again, I don't think the Wii U is a big factor. Otherwise they wouldn't be releasing Paper Mario either. It's simply a matter of 'Paper Mario is filling the Holiday Nintendo 3DS big game slot,' because it will sell better because it's Mario.

I've been watching their 3DS Facebook page, and right now they are making a huge deal over Pokemon. Every time I see a post from their page on my newsfeed, I pop a comment reminding them that there are AC fans out here waiting (not that I think it will do any good, just for my own peace of mind). I'm still hoping for February, because I am hoping that Luigi's Mansion will come out in the same order as it is in Japan...even if it is a vain hope.

3rd week of May.

I might be missing something, but that is oddly specific. What's happening then, if anything? Or at least what brings you to this assumption?

I'm still banking on an April...ish release. Still just feels right to me. Of course it'd be great if it came in the early months, but I just find that doubtful.

I've been watching their 3DS Facebook page, and right now they are making a huge deal over Pokemon. Every time I see a post from their page on my newsfeed, I pop a comment reminding them that there are AC fans out here waiting (not that I think it will do any good, just for my own peace of mind). I'm still hoping for February, because I am hoping that Luigi's Mansion will come out in the same order as it is in Japan...even if it is a vain hope.

Good point. Pokemon is another IP they focus on a ton, although oddly BW2 was for DS. (So we know we won't get a 3DS pokemon game for awhile. Or a main series one, at least.)

That would be nice, but I think Luigi's mansion was confirmed for Q1? Let me check... Yeah, here it is. So we're basically comfirmed May or June for the release date.

Considering its out in Japan in November, I'm gonna say late February- mid march.

Back