• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What month do you think AC3DS will be released in?

For some reason I keep thinking March. It's just sort of in the middle of Jan-June, but it's sooner than April. :p

So, they can't release both? :(

Well if not March, then I think (and hope) it'll be April.

So, they can't release both? :(

Well if not March, then I think (and hope) it'll be April.

They generally release games at least three months apart. So hope that Luigi's Mansion is released in Jan or Feb so we get AC by May or early June.

Good point. Pokemon is another IP they focus on a ton, although oddly BW2 was for DS. (So we know we won't get a 3DS pokemon game for awhile. Or a main series one, at least.)

That would be nice, but I think Luigi's mansion was confirmed for Q1? Let me check... Yeah, here it is. So we're basically comfirmed May or June for the release date.

That doesn't mean that LM will come out before AC, as AC currently has a full first half estimation. It could mean that AC is coming in January and LM in March. Then both would be fulfilling their estimations. They could also push LM back again, as they have done a few times already.

I'm with a lot of people. For some reason, my mind keeps migrating towards March. I have no idea how long they usually wait to release it after Japan, but they might still have some last minute touches. This game holds a lot of dialogue and it might not all be translated yet. Plus even if NOA's done, that doesn't mean the PAL versions are, and don't they usually release it within a few days of each other? I heard it takes longer to translate PAL versions because of the different languages anyway. I'm hoping they pull a miracle though and have it out possibly February (though I know it won't happen).

That doesn't mean that LM will come out before AC, as AC currently has a full first half estimation. It could mean that AC is coming in January and LM in March. Then both would be fulfilling their estimations. They could also push LM back again, as they have done a few times already.

To start, it's extremely unlikely that they would release any games in January, especially as that would be less than three months after Paper Mario. But the holiday season makes things weird... But that only makes it less likely they'll release anything in January, because it's right after the holidays. And if they did do that, they'd have to release it Jan 1st and Luigi's mansion at the very end of March to have a 3 month gap. Which is also very, very unlikely.

All this points to one thing: They don't have room for two releases inside Q1. And they already confirmed LM for that timeslot.

But would it be awesome if they released it on January 1st?

As for the push-back idea, it's certainly possible. But because we have no data indicating they will or won't, (although I would argue the fact that they already have makes it less likely) we can't rely on that for an accurate estimation of release order or release dates.

So while it's certainly possible that AC could come before LM, and we could get it early next year, it's much more likely that LM will come first and we'll get AC late next year.

Last edited:
You know, I'll be optimistic for once. I think it'll be released in January or Febuary because it's been almost a three year wait for it. Maybe. Probably a March-May release, though.

Around April, probably. I'd love for it to be released sooner than that, though. Feburary would be perfect.

I'm gonna say May-June. Didn't the Nintendo Magazine once estimated it would be released the first quarter of 2013? Granted, they might not be the most reliable source, but a push from the first quarter to suddenly including the second quarter makes me think that they're planning to release it some time in the second quarter. And, like previously stated by other members here, they probably would like to give a good month or two before it officially releases to advertise and make Nintendo Directs like they did for Tobidase Doubutsu No Mori. So, in all honestly, May or June sounds like the most realistic timespan for the official U.S. release.

I hate that Nintendo has to be a company and has to make money. I really want a November release. Why can't they just push the Wii U back? Animal Crossing is clearly superior to the Wii U.

If they only gave us a release date, the stress would be over.
Then we would know where we stand.

Exactly. I wouldn't be too upset if I found out it was going to be released in June, but I want to know for sure at least.

June will be here before you know it.
Besides, there are a ton of great games coming out soon to pass the time with.

June will be here before you know it.
Besides, there are a ton of great games coming out soon to pass the time with.

Sure there is, providing you play anything besides Animal Crossing. I have not found any games that I want to play that I want to get.

Yes, agreed. Why do they always have to keep us in the dark?! If they released in May... then that's 6 MONTHS to translate the game! >;(

Well there IS a lot to translate, plus if they add in new holidays for other regions they have to program all of that as well. Plus there's the whole making sure they take out what they feel they 'need' to (if you ask me, I don't think anything should be removed, even if a holiday in Japan doesn't make as much sense in places like America).

I think it may come out sometime around May or June. I haven't been this excited for an Animal Crossing game since I first read about Population Growing in Nintendo Power all those years ago, so even then and knowing why it could be taking so long is just driving me up the wall! I want this game in my hands yesterday! :p

I kind of doubt that they'll tell us the release date until a few days before the actual release. I'm probably wrong, but maybe they want to surprise us? If they announce it a few days before the release, then we'll all be like, OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!!!!!!! and order it straightaway. But I don't think thats how Nintendo like to do things xD :p

Back