• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What vehicle do you think will be used in your entrance to the new town?

Rumor: Instead of starting off as mayor, you will have to rise up through the ranks to become mayor. (By doing tasks for villagers and working for Tortimer as you worked with Tom Nook in the previous games.)

this

I'm thinking Train myself. It makes the most sense to me.

Maybe a train, as that's what the concept art of the island/town reveal.

the concept art of the town also shows a boat + a wharf so it can also be a boat (and it makes more sense as well).

Rumor: Instead of starting off as mayor, you will have to rise up through the ranks to become mayor. (By doing tasks for villagers and working for Tortimer as you worked with Tom Nook in the previous games.)
I'd like that. It makes becoming mayor more of a goal.

Actually want that to happen now. Tortimer can do the singing XD

no please not

I just dont want it to be you arrive in town and you become mayor, maybe if there was some back story addressed on the boat/train/whatever by Kappn' when you arrive to town, explaining why you're mayor and stuff - would be okay then to arrive in town and become mayor, or do jobs to become mayor, i just dont want to arrive and be mayor and not have an explanation.

I'm sure that will happen though, I doubt they wont let us know why we're mayor

no please not

I just dont want it to be you arrive in town and you become mayor, maybe if there was some back story addressed on the boat/train/whatever by Kappn' when you arrive to town, explaining why you're mayor and stuff - would be okay then to arrive in town and become mayor, or do jobs to become mayor, i just dont want to arrive and be mayor and not have an explanation.

Yeah I know, I was thinking along the same lines. It just seems awkward to move into a new town and be made the mayor on the spot. Besides doing some kind of hybrid Tom Nook jobs thing to build up to it, I cant really see another way to ease into it without having to make the players wait for ages.

They could do something like normal animal crossing for a week or two, and really build up to an election/needing new maypr, or just have Tortimer step down after you've been playing for X number of days and done X number of jobs.

But yeah, I definitely agree with what you are saying, I just liked the joke XD

i hope nintendo really suprises us on how we become mayor. the backstory to this should be pretty interesting and I'm also wondering how the secretary (the shih-tzu dog) comes in because she wasn't in the previous series.

From what we seen of the artwork of your town, I'ld say train.

For a future title, hopefully an airplane or a ferry. :p

no please not

It could be Rover on the train saying something to the line of:

"Hey, how's it going. I hear Tortimer is retiring from the life of politics, so I'm not sure what will happen to the town. What's that you say? He called you to be the new mayor...well I'll be!"

Sorry....Southern American accent there :D

It could be Rover on the train saying something to the line of:

"Hey, how's it going. I hear Tortimer is retiring from the life of politics, so I'm not sure what will happen to the town. What's that you say? He called you to be the new mayor...well I'll be!"

Sorry....Southern American accent there :D

Makes sense but change that to a boat/ship/ferry please. The 3ds version is going at a whole new different direction in the series and it just wouldn't have that feeling if you were back on the train again.

Makes sense but change that to a boat/ship/ferry please. The 3ds version is going at a whole new different direction in the series and it just wouldn't have that feeling if you were back on the train again.

Then what would be the point of bringing back the train from the original? I am of the opinion that it is how we will be arriving in town and then the boat will be to take us out to the island. Yes, it will be a whole new game, but it is also bringing back a lot of elements from all of the different games of the series.

Then what would be the point of bringing back the train from the original? I am of the opinion that it is how we will be arriving in town and then the boat will be to take us out to the island. Yes, it will be a whole new game, but it is also bringing back a lot of elements from all of the different games of the series.

Obviously the train is going to act as the gate and bring friends in through wifi. Not that I'm saying the train isn't going to be the transport that brings you to the town but why would they repeat it all over again? Doesn't make sense that the last 3 series all arrived through different transports. A boat is just better imo.

Back