• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been asked by a professor to deliver a guest lecture on Medieval Universities tomorrow night. I have done this lecture two times before. Its for his class. I wrote the chapter on Medieval Universities for the textbook for the class. Normally, I would be SUPER stoked, psyched, whatever, but I am almost dreading it. I have 45-55 minutes to lecture. The slides are all my own. I feel slightly underprepared. I videotaped myself lecturing the past 2 times and yesterday I watched myself to see what the students saw back then. I did a good job then - especially the second time - and I hope I can do just as good if not better this time. I just don't want to be rushed. The professor encourages me to cut out some parts, but he didn't specify exactly WHICH parts he wants me to cut out or abbreviate, which frustrates me. I just want to lecture and do my thing, because lecturing is my passion, I want to one day be a professor too so this is great practice for me. Its in front of 200 students - which isn't daunting to me at all. I am perfectly comfortable lecturing in front of a crowd that large. It will probably be fine. But the professor is frustrating me with not being clear with what he wants me to do. So.... THAT's bothering me.

WTF this rainbow coloured chicken (Peacock, actually.) INVADED my town (Phil, incase you don't know who im talking about) save mee. Haha, He looks quite cool to be fair. But.. he moved in.. and now.. I can't talk to him without walking past the dreaded rocket's house.. ugly pink gorilla.. wahh...

Haha he followed me through two towns... have fun with him. xD I loved him but I couldn't stand him after a while.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have been asked by a professor to deliver a guest lecture on Medieval Universities tomorrow night. I have done this lecture two times before. Its for his class. I wrote the chapter on Medieval Universities for the textbook for the class. Normally, I would be SUPER stoked, psyched, whatever, but I am almost dreading it. I have 45-55 minutes to lecture. The slides are all my own. I feel slightly underprepared. I videotaped myself lecturing the past 2 times and yesterday I watched myself to see what the students saw back then. I did a good job then - especially the second time - and I hope I can do just as good if not better this time. I just don't want to be rushed. The professor encourages me to cut out some parts, but he didn't specify exactly WHICH parts he wants me to cut out or abbreviate, which frustrates me. I just want to lecture and do my thing, because lecturing is my passion, I want to one day be a professor too so this is great practice for me. Its in front of 200 students - which isn't daunting to me at all. I am perfectly comfortable lecturing in front of a crowd that large. It will probably be fine. But the professor is frustrating me with not being clear with what he wants me to do. So.... THAT's bothering me.

Wow, I really admire your confidence. I wouldn't just be bothered by doing an hour long lecture in front of 200 people, I'd be petrified. Hope it goes well, despite your professor's lack of clarity. c:

I don't know if my science homework is due this Tuesday or next Tuesday????? The teachers said this Tuesday but the assignment guide says it's due next Tuesday. (Also debating whether or not to write half the essay today, and save the other half for tomorrow, or binge write it in the next hour...Probably the first one.)

It bothers me more and more lately seeing people say harsh words. It always just feels like they are attacking other people. I wish people would calm down and be more gentle.

That moment when you're confident you'll win an auction, make space for the villager, get your hopes up, and then in comes someone and offers buyout. QQ
giphy.gif

I cant bump my 'cookie in boxes' thread :'(

- - - Post Merge - - -

That moment when you're confident you'll win an auction, make space for the villager, get your hopes up, and then in comes someone and offers buyout. QQ
giphy.gif

dem feels bro

Wow, I really admire your confidence. I wouldn't just be bothered by doing an hour long lecture in front of 200 people, I'd be petrified. Hope it goes well, despite your professor's lack of clarity. c:

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I know many people have a fear of public speaking, but being a prof is my dream job, honestly. I just went over my slides and timed myself. I think I can do it! :D

I have at least twenty five annotations due for my English class on the book Cold Sassy Tree very soon. I know I could get it done sooner if I would just get started on them, but I can't find the motivation for it. I'm also nervous about doing the annotations exactly how my teacher wants them since he's picky. Having unfinished work really stresses me out, I hate being such a bad procrastinator.

I hate those "friends" that claim they care or want to talk to you, but as soon as you talk to them, you only end up feeling like they don't want to listen to you or talk to you at all. Wow. Much friendly. Very help. ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back