• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

I'm so, so sorry Xara. 🫂 The loss of a pet can be truly devastating, no matter what anyone says—my childhood dog's passing was the worst grief I'd ever been through, and it still hurts. I feel like I'm not the best at words with this sort of thing, especially online, but if there's ever anything I can do for you, just let me know.

--

It's a little thing, but I'm just really stressed out about my doctor's appointment tomorrow—it's just another follow-up regarding my anxiety/depression meds and I don't think anything's wrong (which I'm very grateful for, don't get me wrong), but that's kind of why I'm dreading going so much. I'm on a very low dosage of some pretty standard meds. I'm not experiencing any issues with them, I haven't experienced any issues with them the entire time I've been on them, and my last follow-up was three months ago where I spent almost two hours in a waiting room just to tell my doctor "yeah everything's still fine" in a conversation that lasted under five minutes. There's no more bloodwork or anything that needs to be done. And it's not a quick trip there and back either.
Like, I don't see why this can't be a phone call. I have other things to do. I'm gonna bring something to read this time so it doesn't feel like a complete waste of my time but just. Ugh. I'm just very frustrated.

Last edited:
thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart. you all taking the time to respond means the world to me, especially when i know a few of you are dealing with your own stuff as well 💜 i’ll be okay. this is just a difficult time of year for me since sept 26th - nov 1st were her final 5 weeks of life, and they’re full of memories (both painful and happy ones) of her. it’s just kinda hard to wrap my head around the fact that my life was so different 2 years ago, and that she’s been gone for almost 2 years now.

but i’ll be okay. thank you all so much again for responding, i appreciate it more than i can ever express 💜

cloud biscuits 😭 i honestly love that, thank you so much. i’m so sorry that you and so many others know the pain of pet loss; i honestly wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy. it’s awful, but everyone’s replies have validated me so much and made me feel less alone 💜

my grandma switched phone carriers a month ago and is being charged $250 in total by both the old carrier and by the new one. somehow she correlates that with being MY FAULT just because the sales guy of the new carrier told me that they would automatically cancel the old one, also pretty sure she got a text from around that time frame saying that her phone line was ending with the old service so idk what happened.

i tried calling customer service and there wasn’t anyone available atm because they’re closed. she proceeded to yell at me because she doesn’t understand that i can’t have a full on conversation with an automated bot and she blames me for messing up the activation process for her new phone (i did not, she knows nothing about technology)

she wants me to go to the new carrier’s store with her tomorrow afternoon. i honestly don’t know what they’re going to do, i just know she’s going to act like a karen.

💻 I am currently job hunting and also just applied for some government $ help, hopefully after the interview everything will be accepted and work out smoothly..

My partners car broke down a few nights ago, so we have to get some money out of our savings for that 🌧

Nothing to big or stressy, just grown up things :')

I just got sick again. I had COVID not even a month ago, plus the 5-day period of dysphoria is due this week, and the cramps I get from that are incredibly painful.

On the bright side I don't have to do either of my presentations! I was really stressed about those... which is probably why I'm sick.

i have a broken capillary in my eye, so now it looks like it’s bleeding :(

this better go away before senior pictures are taken or else it’ll look like i have a bloody spot on my eye. at least it’s relatively small.

The doctor I saw said maybe I have a pollen allergy and I hope I grow out of this so bad because holy hell it’s miserable if that’s what it is. Can I not even enjoy being outdoors anymore? Like, what does life have against me? My neighbours ruined walks with their music, my local park got gentrified, other neighbours created a ton of chimney smoke, my granddad had his stroke when I was returning from a walk and now I learn this. I NEED to be outdoors, in nature etc. Having to mask/take medical precautions for this now is reminding me of how careful I had to be with COVID, plus I’m asthmatic and I feel like I’m going to end up with it going out of dormancy over this. I hope that doctor was wrong, he wasn’t helpful anyway.

Honestly the more time goes on the more I hear the birds screaming and it seems to be in response to the increasingly bad environment. So even when I get to observe them locally I feel bad.

Just going to copy what I said in a DM,
I don’t have a runny nose but I have cobblestone throat, some veins visible at back of throat, scratchy feeling eyes, sometimes headache, and my heart and larynx hurt. I am asthmatic, but i havent had an asthma attack since i got sick, and even with stethoscope both doctors didnt hear anything odd there.

Also, I almost forgot to say this but my dad offhandedly mention that we have family in another (very similar) country, and I said “why don’t we visit eventually” he recoiled at the idea of travelling. He said nothing about that family but he was annoyingly patriotic. I swear the people I talk to avoid travel down here are just so… idk how to say it. I guess set in their ways is right, if people just wanna live in one place then cool but people are weirdly defensive to anyone who wants to travel, leave aus, etc. where I live. It’s ridiculous. Also can’t say you think the country is boring without a dozsn excuses, just say the good things about the country aren’t really appealing to me and people have that “you’ll come around” mentality. Feels like crab mentality sometimes. To be against travel altogether… seriously, what. To be clear people respond negatively to even saying you want to travel like “Italy is cool, I’d love to visit” “nah that place is boring, Australia is the best”. Can those people just stop godddd

@Xara I’m so late but you’re going through so much lately, and I agree with what everyone said here. I don’t have much to add, but I give you my condolences. I don’t know what I’m going to do when my cat is gone honestly…

Last edited:
So I guess my dad's rib didn't heal
Yet (according to mom) the doc doesn't see a reason to do surgery on him to get the rib to heal since it isn't bothering him? However they want to give him a spinal tap which doesn't make any sense. On top of it all, he is in the er to stay overnight tonight so far to drain his lung tomorrow that is at least 1/3 full of fluid. (Why wait??)

Yeah.. the unhealed rib isn't bothering him 🙄
Granted my mom (who isn't very bright tbh) is the messenger and could have skewed things but at the same time why not tell them the real reason why they aren't going to go in there and set the rib and brace it??
Is it about location of the break? His health? His weight? Their laziness? Like.. why?

Just tired of stupid stuff like this.
At the end of the day though, it's dad's decision to push about it or not as he is the one who's lives in that body.

Back