• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

I don't want to come off as a jerk, but it kind of sounds like text an AI generated to me.
if you were talking about my screenshot, it’s fine. ^^
i’m just confused because she got all sad on me when I didn’t even do anything

if you were talking about my screenshot, it’s fine. ^^
i’m just confused because she got all sad on me when I didn’t even do anything
I think she was looking for a sweeter, more thoughtful response for lack of better wording. It seems like she was trying to bond and it seems like you sort of shrugged it off. That’s just what I’m gathering from the exchange.

So… my brother is sick again and he has a sore throat. I remember last time this happened, two months ago, I got it, and life was **** for almost two weeks. I really hope he gets better soon, and not just for selfish reasons.

I’m so annoyed about this whole student finance situation. It’s been ongoing for around 6 months now. I received an email to say they had sorted it today but it was the same letter I received on Friday stating I was being severely underpaid for the year. I’ve had more tears over finances than my dissertation which isn’t normal. How hard can it be to sort out 😭

I think she was looking for a sweeter, more thoughtful response for lack of better wording. It seems like she was trying to bond and it seems like you sort of shrugged it off. That’s just what I’m gathering from the exchange.
Maybe, I just struggle to communicate with my mom at times…she can be a bit high-maintenance and expects me to have a lot to say…

Plus, her and I have a complicated relationship.

That's what I took from it as well. She sent a long thoughtful message asking how life was and referencing sweet old times and you didn't acknowledge most of it or even ask her how she was. That probably hurt a bit, that's all. Don't be too hard on her.

That's what I took from it as well. She sent a long thoughtful message asking how life was and referencing sweet old times and you didn't acknowledge most of it or even ask her how she was. That probably hurt a bit, that's all. Don't be too hard on her.
I just want to give my perspective on this matter briefly. just because someone doesn't type out a full fledged response doesn't mean that they didn't appreciate the message. I think an acknowledgement in any capacity is nice, especially considering that, like she said, they have a bit of a complicated relationship. I didn't see a problem with Shawna's response; if anything, I thought it was odd that her mother responded in the way that she did, automatically being upset about her not giving a full-fledged response in return. nobody owes you the response that you expect them to give. and people communicate in different ways, maybe Shawna thought that her response was sufficient and that's okay (I thought it was, personally). it's all about learning that people have different ways of communicating, and appreciating them for who they are rather than for who you (as in, people in general) expect them to be.

I don't know, I try to see the other person's perspective rather than jump the gun and assume they weren't being thoughtful or mindful. obviously I'm not gonna dictate how these conversations should play out, but that's my perspective.

I just want to give my perspective on this matter briefly. just because someone doesn't type out a full fledged response doesn't mean that they didn't appreciate the message. I think an acknowledgement in any capacity is nice, especially considering that, like she said, they have a bit of a complicated relationship. I didn't see a problem with Shawna's response; if anything, I thought it was odd that her mother responded in the way that she did, automatically being upset about her not giving a full-fledged response in return. nobody owes you the response that you expect them to give. and people communicate in different ways, maybe Shawna thought that her response was sufficient and that's okay (I thought it was, personally). it's all about learning that people have different ways of communicating, and appreciating them for who they are rather than for who you (as in, people in general) expect them to be.

I don't know, I try to see the other person's perspective rather than jump the gun and assume they weren't being thoughtful or mindful. obviously I'm not gonna dictate how these conversations should play out, but that's my perspective.

I also want to give my perspective on this matter, even more briefer...ly.

Shawna said she was confused by her mother's response. People have explained what it probably was. They're probably right.

I fell down some stairs and busted my ankle, so I'm out of action for a couple of weeks lmao

I hope you feel better soon . Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I know I'm on hiatus rn but I really don't feel like trying to explain this to each individual friend so I'll talk about what's going on here.

in memoriam of the lovely Molly, 2013-2024. 🐱💗

a few days ago, while I was at work, my mom sent me a message saying that she would have a friend of ours take our cat Molly to be put down. she wasn't even 11 years old yet. she had been dealing with health issues for a long time and it was probably for the best, but hearing that honestly changed me, and broke me in a way.

I got Molly when she was a baby in 2013, a month or so before I started high school. So I had her for almost half my lifetime. I loved her so much, she was always so funny and quirky and sweet. when she was younger (as in, up until a year or so ago) she loved to lay across my shoulders while I was doing stuff, or across the back of my desk chair. she was always very photogenic, had a beautiful marbled tabby pattern in her fur and lovely markings on her face, and she was medium-long haired and she absolutely rocked it. I have so many wonderful pictures of her that I should share. she was very mouthy, if you had something she wanted she would let you know. she was the queen of the house for years and years; our cats have their own little "community" and they often partake in legendary (and humorous) battles for glory, but they didn't dare try to challenge Molly, she'd put them in their place. she never had her own kittens but she was always very motherly to the other cats. everyone loved her. she saw a lot of cats come and go in this house and she took care of every one of them. she was a bit skiddish around new people, as most cats are (except Feef, who is absolutely fearless for some reason), but she loved attention and pets from anyone who would give it to her. when I gave her treats I would just open the bag and show it to her because she'd literally reach in with her paw and take as many as she wanted haha. also how could I forget, her favourite pasttime was to sit in the window and absorb the warmth of the sun. she was just so lovely. she was very chill and approachable, but she was also willing to hold her ground. a queen, truly.

she'd not been doing so well for the last few years, because she had health issues for most of her life (most notably, she had dental issues since she was about three years old). for the last year or so she'd been struggling to eat, and at one point her beautiful fur became matted because she couldn't clean herself anymore. then in the last few weeks she lost a lot of weight, she was very bony and frail and weak. so when my mom told me that she would be put down, I was heartbroken, but not in complete shock.

writing this out has kinda helped me process it a bit, but honestly, I've been feeling completely numb ever since my mom told me. I normally cry so much, and now I can only get out a few tears at a time. I feel like I need to cry and I can't. I feel like my nervous system has kinda just gone into survival mode. I've been feeling really tense and trembly and anxious, I can feel a few small tears streaming down my face but I'm not quite crying. I just can't process this. I can't cope with loss anymore, it's been happening so much recently and I just can't deal with it. I haven't even fully comprehended that Molly is gone, I can still feel her presence lingering here and I feel as if she's not actually gone. but she is. she's gone, and I'll never see her again. I didn't even get to tell her goodbye. she's just... gone.

bless her beautiful soul. she was my baby for so long. I'm not religious but I hope she's resting in peace, wherever she is. and I hope my mom's friend treated her with every ounce of respect that she deserved. I almost feel like she didn't and that honestly angers me, but I don't want to discuss details. I feel lightheaded just thinking about it.

I just can't process this right now, my heart feels so shielded yet so raw. I keep hearing a voice saying "oh come on, it's just a cat, she was old anyway." it's amazing how rude and insensitive I can be to myself sometimes. I've just been conditioned to think that way I guess. I don't know, but I'm a broken down, hollowed shell of my former self at the moment. that must mean something. I'm so tired.

anyway, I'll share some of my favourite pictures of Molly. may she rest in peace and forever live on in my heart. 💔💜✨
First pic I took of her on Aug 1st 2013, just a wee thing 🥹
Molly.jpg

March 30th 2014, not quite a year old.
2014-03-30-14-35-50.jpg

January 2015, only a year and a half old but she knew she was a queen 👑
FB-IMG-1706456113181.jpg

March 15th 2015
IMG-2431.jpg

May 19th 2016, this is my absolute favourite picture of her 🌈🫧
FB-IMG-1706454145870.jpg

Feb 7th 2017, I loved her stripes and floofs hehe
FB-IMG-1706454033696.jpg

Feb 18th 2017, doing what she loves ☀️
FB-IMG-1706454021508.jpg

May 12th 2017
FB-IMG-1706454000607.jpg

Dec 28th 2020
Screenshot-20240128-095900-Facebook.jpg

Nov 1st 2022, one of my last good pictures of her. she was nine and a half years old. Feef makes her look very smol here (and she was smol hehe) but he knew she was the boss. 😌
20221101-153611.jpg
I’m so sorry for the loss of your beautiful cat. Praying for strength and healing.

I also want to give my perspective on this matter, even more briefer...ly.

Shawna said she was confused by her mother's response. People have explained what it probably was. They're probably right.
yeah I tend to ramble lol, my definition of brief isn't exactly brief 😅

good to see that the awesome folks over at tumblr dot com believe that the trauma that me and other people like me went through isn't deserving of a label and is inherently a bad thing 😁 thank you, so oh inclusive tumblr!! you really showed me such love and compassion when you said that my feelings were "cringe"! thanks!!

Went to urgent care yesterday and was told I have a viral upper respiratory infection, and sent home with something I can’t take because it has a life-threateningly severe interaction with a medication I take daily.

Today, I have no voice and my chest feels like it’s collapsing and I barely blew my nose and blew a huge blood clot. Back at urgent care to see what else can be done, if anything. I’m 4 days into this and not getting any better, just worse.

Went to urgent care yesterday and was told I have a viral upper respiratory infection, and sent home with something I can’t take because it has a life-threateningly severe interaction with a medication I take daily.

Today, I have no voice and my chest feels like it’s collapsing and I barely blew my nose and blew a huge blood clot. Back at urgent care to see what else can be done, if anything. I’m 4 days into this and not getting any better, just worse.
These types of infections tend to last about 2-3 weeks and often get progressively worse over 7-10 days before they start to get better, so hopefully it's just following the typical pattern rather than anything too severe! Unless they are prescribing an antiviral most medications they'll give are intended to just manage the symptoms while you ride it out rather than clear the infection - you'd likely be able to find an alternative yourself if that's the case.

I hope the appointment goes well and that you feel better soon. 🖤

These types of infections tend to last about 2-3 weeks and often get progressively worse over 7-10 days before they start to get better, so hopefully it's just following the typical pattern rather than anything too severe! Unless they are prescribing an antiviral most medications they'll give are intended to just manage the symptoms while you ride it out rather than clear the infection - you'd likely be able to find an alternative yourself if that's the case.

I hope the appointment goes well and that you feel better soon. 🖤
Oof, well at least it’s good to know that’s typical to feel worse before better. I was up for 4 hours in the middle of the night, just miserable. They sounded like it was too late in the viral life cycle for treatment, but we’ll see! Thank you for the well wishes 💖

Had an awful day at work and my siblings accidentally discovered one of Dad’s secrets.🤢

Sexually assaulted by someone I can hardly bring myself to actually hate, and I'm losing grip on a lot of my school friends
: p
It's all been consuming me, but I feel bad constantly DMing my close friends about it. Oh well.

i want to crush gale Hawthorne I want him to stop existing (I know he’s a fictional character I hate him)

also I just realized im gonna have to do something to one of my ocs in a fanfiction to keep it realistic to the canon…

I know it’s not huge but sjksksiskso

Back