• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

Damn, I thought I was done with this whole overthinking thing. I always think I'm irritating my managers and co-workers when I need help with something.

Damn, I thought I was done with this whole overthinking thing. I always think I'm irritating my managers and co-workers when I need help with something.
It's very possibly they're out of craps to give many things, and just want to get back home.

It could be how you frame things, maybe present your issue in a simple statement of fact. "Hey boss, there's only one roll paper towels left in the back."

I am at work, and just got a complaint/rant which I haven't dealt with in a long while.

We make, and grill sandwiches. These grills aren't your normal at home grills. So we wrap the sandwich in paper. There are times when the cheese melts so much that is causes problems with the paper; making them stick to the sandwich which is a pain or remove or sometimes some of the bread is taken with it.
Sure, maybe we need better paper. But then again it took my boss over a year to change the sink in the bathroom for a better one, and my other suggestions are ignored.

A customer comes in for a grilled ham and cheese. Because theres less ingrediants, that cheese is fond of ruining the sandwich. But this customer also wanted the cheese to be sure its melted.
Since her order is takeaway, with takeaways we don't remove the paper. That's their job.

I do the order, all is fine. But she comes back explaining their child can't eat it as the paper is connected to the bread and wants a refund.
I did express that it was slightly common and maybe I shouldn't have said it but they were like "oh you know!?"

And like kept tellig me never to use the paper on the sandwiches again. I tried telling them, we need the paper for the grill. And they were pleading with me not to use it again (I'm thinking thats mot yours or my choice.) And.kept saying, "do you like eating paper" over and over again.

I just felt really put of it, and woudve.tried explaining i just work here and such but there were customers behind them.
Like i understand youre annoyed but, now i really feel out of it and just hope work finishes quickly.

The day will come tomorrow to put our Roxie down 💔 I want to cry so badly, but just can't bring myself to it. She's truly been one of a kind with so much character. I've never seen a dog with as much personality as her. Even strangers (and her vet) have fallen in love with her. I can only cherish the many good memories of her at this stage. One of my most recent favourite memories of her was when I was getting her food ready and she was getting really sassy with me; she got impatient and picked up a leaf and shook it in her mouth to show her disapproval. I haven't seen her play like that in so long...maybe that's a sign that it really is her time to go. She's been unwell for a long time and I know she'll be happier and in less pain after tomorrow 💔🕊

Fly high Roxie, you're one of a kind and you'll be truly missed 💜
Screenshot_20240227_222831_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240227_223545_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240227_223635_Gallery.jpg

I am at work, and just got a complaint/rant which I haven't dealt with in a long while.

We make, and grill sandwiches. These grills aren't your normal at home grills. So we wrap the sandwich in paper. There are times when the cheese melts so much that is causes problems with the paper; making them stick to the sandwich which is a pain or remove or sometimes some of the bread is taken with it.
Sure, maybe we need better paper. But then again it took my boss over a year to change the sink in the bathroom for a better one, and my other suggestions are ignored.

A customer comes in for a grilled ham and cheese. Because theres less ingrediants, that cheese is fond of ruining the sandwich. But this customer also wanted the cheese to be sure its melted.
Since her order is takeaway, with takeaways we don't remove the paper. That's their job.

I do the order, all is fine. But she comes back explaining their child can't eat it as the paper is connected to the bread and wants a refund.
I did express that it was slightly common and maybe I shouldn't have said it but they were like "oh you know!?"

And like kept tellig me never to use the paper on the sandwiches again. I tried telling them, we need the paper for the grill. And they were pleading with me not to use it again (I'm thinking thats mot yours or my choice.) And.kept saying, "do you like eating paper" over and over again.

I just felt really put of it, and woudve.tried explaining i just work here and such but there were customers behind them.
Like i understand youre annoyed but, now i really feel out of it and just hope work finishes quickly.
Just realised she didnt even give the full sandwich back

woke up almost 2 hours ago throwing up and have been doing it on-and-off since. have thrown up 3 times in the last hour and a half. my stomach is also upset; it’s not cramping though thankfully, so it might just be the force of throwing up triggering it. idk if this is food poisoning or not, i’m not dizzy like i was last time. but i do not feel good at all.

this week sucks so so bad and it’s only tuesday :c

It's very possibly they're out of craps to give many things, and just want to get back home.

It could be how you frame things, maybe present your issue in a simple statement of fact. "Hey boss, there's only one roll paper towels left in the back."
Oh for sure! Especially in our fast-paced environment. I was more overthinking how I need help on certain busy days when I'm alone at my station for 11 hours lol. They're understanding, but I don't want to risk pushing it with them? Idk
Post automatically merged:

The day will come tomorrow to put our Roxie down 💔 I want to cry so badly, but just can't bring myself to it. She's truly been one of a kind with so much character. I've never seen a dog with as much personality as her. Even strangers (and her vet) have fallen in love with her. I can only cherish the many good memories of her at this stage. One of my most recent favourite memories of her was when I was getting her food ready and she was getting really sassy with me; she got impatient and picked up a leaf and shook it in her mouth to show her disapproval. I haven't seen her play like that in so long...maybe that's a sign that it really is her time to go. She's been unwell for a long time and I know she'll be happier and in less pain after tomorrow 💔🕊

View attachment 538144
View attachment 538145
View attachment 538146
Aw sweetheart! I'm so sorry this has to happen! Agreed, thinking of what is best in this type of situation. She will now be pain-free <3

View attachment 538144
View attachment 538145
View attachment 538146

I am so sorry about Roxie. Losing a pet is so hard.

woke up almost 2 hours ago throwing up and have been doing it on-and-off since. have thrown up 3 times in the last hour and a half. my stomach is also upset; it’s not cramping though thankfully, so it might just be the force of throwing up triggering it. idk if this is food poisoning or not, i’m not dizzy like i was last time. but i do not feel good at all.

this week sucks so so bad and it’s only tuesday :c
Sorry your not feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.

- My mum has a cold and if she passes it on to me I won't be happy at all.
- One of my co-workers is so lazy it's actually infuriating. If she's not sitting in my supervisor's office having an hour long chit chat with him, she's ordering a Starbucks delivery and boasting about it whilst the rest of us are actually doing our jobs.
- My supervisor is also incredibly lazy and is always disappearing for a few hours each day leaving my department to deal anyone who needs his assistance, because you know he's the supervisor.
- Also I'm just tired and in desperate need of a break. Shame it's not Christmas already.

Last edited:
- One of my co-workers is so lazy it's actually infuriating. If she's not sitting in my supervisor's office having an hour long chit chat with him, she's ordering Starbucks and boasting about it whilst the rest of us are actually doing our jobs.
I love Starbucks, but I still don't see the point in ordering Starbucks for delivery. Delivery fees are expensive and I can't believe people actually have those drinks delivered. It's nearly $20 for a large drink on Uber Eats, at least. I'm assuming you meant she was ordering for delivery if she was at work.

I love Starbucks, but I still don't see the point in ordering Starbucks for delivery. Delivery fees are expensive and I can't believe people actually have those drinks delivered. It's nearly $20 for a large drink on Uber Eats, at least. I'm assuming you meant she was ordering for delivery if she was at work.
100% agree with you.

I believe my co-worker used Uber Eats or Just Eat. Regardless she had one single Starbucks drink delivered to the back gate of our work premise which is primarily used for work related deliveries, not someone's takeaway order. Normally if anyone wants food that's not their lunch or the office has run out of snacks, they have to use their lunch break to sort it out etc.

Sensitive subject matter.
I've had two pregnancy losses back to back now. It's been very hard emotionally.
I just wish I knew what was going wrong but there is no explanation for it. Hopefully 2024 improves for me soon.
I am so sorry 😢 I’ve dealt with the same exact thing in the past, and every time it felt more raw and more numbing at the same time. Please feel free to dm me if you need someone to talk to who understands how painful it is, mentally, emotionally, and physically. I am here for you ❤️

Oh for sure! Especially in our fast-paced environment. I was more overthinking how I need help on certain busy days when I'm alone at my station for 11 hours lol. They're understanding, but I don't want to risk pushing it with them? Idk
Post automatically merged:

Aw sweetheart! I'm so sorry this has to happen! Agreed, thinking of what is best in this type of situation. She will now be pain-free <3
That one is tricky. Then sometimes the next shift doesn't want to show up.

i hate how worse things have gotten at work the past few days (weeks?) 😭 i only get 4-6 hours of sleep, 2-3 hours of down time, and the rest of the day is really just work or prepping for work. i’ve broken down a few times already, im so so so tired and sleepy, and i barely get help from my teammates. i really just want to get out of here but unfortunately i cant because this is part of the “training” 😭😭😭 i cant request for off days and i cant call in sick because they will make me make up for those lost days, and if they dont like your excuse then you’ll have to make up for DOUBLE of the days you missed. pleaseee let me have restful days i cant do everything all at once im so sick and tired

made plans with @/Cheremtasy, @/Irescien, and @/Flaming_Oceans for tomorrow but the weather doesn’t seem like it’s gonna be good ;n; the forecast said it’ll be raining in the morning, but by the time it’s late afternoon there’ll be a drop in temperatures so it might become freezing rain.
i always feel like whenever we make plans, mother nature gets in the way ・᷄-・᷅

keeping my fingers crossed that the day will still be fun, although i know that just hanging out together will always be a good time 🫶🏻

Back