• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

I messed up on the nonogram puzzle and missed out on 3 of each Ticket and I kind of need as many as possible to get both a Black Feather and a White Feather, but I don't think the events and contest yet to open are going to have that many tickets. So I'm doubting I'll be able to get both and am kinda bummed.

Also, if Delectable Delights is what seems obvious then I have no idea what to do with that and if Pin the Tail on the Villager is what I think it is then I'm just doomed.

Whhahh Crunchyrol got rid of detective conan (case closed) season 1, and I was like 70/80 episodes in, the onle case closed episodes now are season 4 ;_; Now i have to find ANOTHER way to watch the older episodes :(
Post automatically merged:

I messed up on the nonogram puzzle and missed out on 3 of each Ticket and I kind of need as many as possible to get both a Black Feather and a White Feather, but I don't think the events and contest yet to open are going to have that many tickets. So I'm doubting I'll be able to get both and am kinda bummed.
Same here, I messed up on that and the sprinkles but here's hoping the other activties will have some way to bounce the tickets up a bit. Hope you get them!

My partners brother is coming to visit for a few days from Newfoundland and I noticed a bunch of little bugs on my kitchen cabinet. Then when I open it I realized they are trying to take over my food pantry so we have to throw all the food away. I even got rid of the flour and spices just to be safe. We've never had this problem before so I really hope it doesn't become reoccurring. The little bugs are giving me that creepy feeling on my skin

An old colleague and friend of mine has really bothered me today.
We don't talk as much due to timezones, and was just talking to him about how hard it is finding work, haven't had a single interview etc.

Then he says 'I'll hire you, come move (in this country)'
And I found that kinda uncomfortable, and like I didnt want to ignore that comment because other times I did so on more uncomfortable things I don't wanna talk about, he would repeat it. So in so many words I said, 'no, why would I?'

And then he got all peeved off and said it was a joke?? How is the above sentence a joke? Then started saying how moody I am, and he was just trying to cheer me up. Why would anyone take it so seriously.
I honestly can't compute how above thing is a joke? (even if it wasn't a joke, it takes two grand to even travel there so how would that fix my jobless, no money situation?)
I tried asking him several times, exactly how would you've expected me to react to this 'joke'? This is texting, so if I just laughed it off, that would feel more meaner as if I'm laughing at the idea of moving there. If I played along, I wouldn't know if it would go too far. He never replied to my question on how it should've been reacted like. Should I have said 'I dont see that happening?' again making it sound like I dont like that country.
I tried telling him not everyone computes that way.

And then he said this not worded right because i dont wanna go back on his PMs again 'no wonder you can't get a job with that attitude' or something like that.
Like wow, what a great friend, a friend I worked with who know I was being used by that job and for three years Ive been looking for something better.
It's not like I feel so dead from not finding anything, feel like a burden because other jobs dont want me. (I know theres other people applying for the same stuff, but not understanding why I wasn't seen as someone who could be in that job just really hurts) my self esteem can't get any lower than before, like I feel so done with everything and he's just making it worse.

It has really bothered me, i cant even focus on my suduko.

I need to leave the house I live in for few days to clear my mind, to understand what to do with my life.
The fact is that this is the first time it happens in 11 years.
I know it may sound stupid, but this is a new thing to me and I'm scares the hell out of me.
But I must do it. I don't have any choice. I must do this thing to grow up, to understand who I am and take my life back.

I don't think it's a question anymore if I have carpal tunnel or not. This is the worst my wrist has ever been. I don't know what I'm going to do if it's still like this tomorrow. I still don't have health insurance and this wasn't the only thing I needed to have checked out.

I don't think it's a question anymore if I have carpal tunnel or not. This is the worst my wrist has ever been. I don't know what I'm going to do if it's still like this tomorrow. I still don't have health insurance and this wasn't the only thing I needed to have checked out.
While I wouldn't recommend avoiding seeing a doctor, if you really can't access one right away what they will most likely recommend to start is a combination of the following:
  • Anti-inflammatory painkillers.
  • Ice or heat.*
  • Wrist splint.
  • Resting the limb/avoiding the activity triggering pain.

*There is a long ongoing debate about which of the two is better for carpal tunnel, tenovitis, etc. I was recommended an ice wrist wrap by a physiotherapist and I personally find it so much more effective.

Please do go get it checked out ASAP. Untreated it can become chronic (I've lived with chronic De Quervain's tenosynovitis for 5 years now and it sucks). But the above should at least provide you a bit of comfort and minimise the risk of further/long-term damage until you get yourself to a doctor. I wasn't seen for a month after my symptoms started and that was enough to do permanent damage. So please don't delay in getting seen to - and do your best to avoid aggravating it further.

While I wouldn't recommend avoiding seeing a doctor, if you really can't access one right away what they will most likely recommend to start is a combination of the following:
  • Anti-inflammatory painkillers.
  • Ice or heat.*
  • Wrist splint.
  • Resting the limb/avoiding the activity triggering pain.

*There is a long ongoing debate about which of the two is better for carpal tunnel, tenovitis, etc. I was recommended an ice wrist wrap by a physiotherapist and I personally find it so much more effective.

Please do go get it checked out ASAP. Untreated it can become chronic (I've lived with chronic De Quervain's tenosynovitis for 5 years now and it sucks). But the above should at least provide you a bit of comfort and minimise the risk of further/long-term damage until you get yourself to a doctor. I wasn't seen for a month after my symptoms started and that was enough to do permanent damage. So please don't delay in getting seen to - and do your best to avoid aggravating it further.
Thank you. I'm going to talk to my parents later and see what can be done. I'm very worried because I haven't been able to see the doctor or dentist for 4 years no matter how many times I complain. I woke up earlier than usual and it still hurts really bad. It's hard to even use my phone to type this.

Had to postpone our hospital visit again for reasons beyond our control. Actually, my dad entrusted my grandma in renewing my documents/medicare card, but she forgot to pay the permit. Or "forgot". Yeesh, it's only $25...

I got my new birth certificate back, but I can't have my name changed without going to court or something. I get it's for security reasons, but it really sucks. I hate my deadname so much, but I still have to keep it for a longer, undetermined time.

I'm just feeling really down. I'm also stressing about the Fair, and with everything else going on, it makes me want to participate less (even though I only have 1/3 of the tickets for one of my dream collectibles). Hopefully I'll feel better later.

An update on the bugs. I threw everything in my pantry and cupboards away. I even had some paper bags in the bottom cupboard and the bugs were in there too. We got 6 bags of stuff to throw away. I know it's a lot of food waste but I had to deal with the bugs or they will just keep coming back. I used so much cleaner and when I woke up this morning there was no bugs in any cupboard. I think I have defeated them but I don't wanna celebrate too soon. Imma keep my dry goods in the fridge for now just incase the little guys try and pop back up. Me and my partner cleaned for like 5 hours straight just wiping down every last thing in the kitchen, even the stove and fridge cause everything felt contaminated. It still does but a lot less luckily.

Been kinda distressed over thinking about moving again. Where I live currently isn't sustainable and once my grandparents are gone I'll have to move somewhere else. This town is pretty remote from other places, the insane amount of people moving in has made it super crowded since it wasn't designed with the rapid growth in mind, and fire season is just an annual thing in the Pacific Northwest now. Being cooped up every Summer from the unhealthy amount of smoke outside is not healthy. I hate that Oregon is gradually burning down and the forests that fill up over half of the state's landmass will no longer be recognizable in a few decades. As I type this there are 395 forest fires burning in this state and 25 of them are large. The other day I could barely see down the street and the sky was orange.

I was thinking going out east since there's also an overdue tsunami and massive earthquake that will inevitably hit the west coast sometime in the future called "The Big One" and the infrastructure here wasn't made with it in mind. Where exactly I'm going to move I'm not sure. I'm thinking either Minnesota or Massachusetts. I don't really like the thought of leaving the Pacific Northwest since I know neither place will be exactly like here and when I took a road trip through the Midwest I was seriously homesick. I hate moving even further away from all of my friends.

Back