• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

this collectible hunt is highkey gonna drive me insane, I've gotten two offers and now I'm back to square one with no chance of getting it. so i think I may get off here for like a week or so, idk 🤷‍♂️

doubt any progress is gonna be made unless some kind soul decides to sell me a love potion/final boss feather or the egg hunt starts, whichever happens first. until then I really need to stop stressing so much over this. it's really not worth stressing over.

Good morning, everyone!

As many of you noticed, this thread was hidden from public view for approx 10.5hrs overnight (GMT). This was due to an influx of reports concerning rule-violating posts in this thread that there was no one available to handle at the time, but we could not in good conscience leave it visible either due to an on-going argument and multiple incidences of uncensored offensive language. In future, if you notice that a thread has disappeared without warning, please assume that it is because it needs time to be moderated rather than hitting the panic button! We wouldn't delete a large thread like this for no reason and not tell anybody about it. Use your heads! ;)

Another moderator and I combed through the thread together this morning and have taken action where we agreed it was necessary. Now that this and the many reports we received last night have been resolved we are willing to re-open it. I would also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that this thread has additional rules listed in the OP on top of the regular forum Rules and Guidelines. I have quoted them again below:

• Do not post about other forum members, even if you're not mentioning them by name. If you have an issue with someone here, you should PM them to try and work it out privately, or make a thread in our Contact the Staff board so the staff can assist in taking care of the problem.
  • You may not discuss the suspension of another forum member. Talking about your own infraction or ban is fine.
  • Remember to be respectful at all times, especially when responding to someone else.
  • Troll/joke posts will be removed. Please only use the thread for venting about what's bothering you. We all love a good joke, but this thread isn't the place for it.
  • Rule-breaking posts need to be reported. Do not take matters into your own hands by responding to posts that break the forum or thread rules.

I specifically want to call attention to that last bullet point: if a post needs intervention, please hit the report button rather than responding to it yourself. We can discretely come in and handle it. Jumping into the fire yourself might seem like you're doing the right thing in the moment, but it creates significantly more work and stress for our team by making the issue more convoluted than it needed to be.

Mod mode off: COVID-19 sucks. Chest burns, throat aches, head hurts, nose blocked, and I am sweating through my clothes. It's only 10:30am and I want to go back to bed, but someone is kindly live-streaming what I'm missing this morning—I'm half-listening to someone talk about recent developments in parasite genome sequencing while typing this—so I need to stay awake a little longer. Plus I've a half dozen emails I absolutely have to send out today. 😔

i just love waking up in the middle of the night panicking about what im gonna do for the rest of my life. ya’ll are probably laughing that a 16 yr old is worried about this but im seriously concerned that the career/degree im considering when i go to college in 2 years isn’t worth it.

Last edited:
i just love waking up in the middle of the night panicking about what im gonna do for the rest of my life. ya’ll are probably laughing that a 16 yr old is worried about this but im seriously concerned that the career/degree im considering when i go to college in 2 years isn’t worth it.
This is a good thing to think about, honestly. I've two bachelors degrees and I am currently doing a postgrad. My first bachelors degree is utterly useless and wasn't able to secure me any long-term work. My second helped me to find a well-paid job in the field before I even graduated. Simply having a degree doesn't grant equal opportunities so you should definitely put a lot of thought into it.

Is it..weird that I've missed my coworkers more than what I ever have missed my family when I first moved out? I feel bad for my parents as it's very one-sided when it comes to missing each other; they miss me immensely but I very rarely miss them at all...is that normal lol

I’m not sure how I feel about the fact that I apparently have posted in this thread 500 times in 2 years.
Also I was teasing my bunnies with their giant bag of crunchies that came in the mail yesterday and it took them 5 seconds to eat a hole in the bottom of the bag.

I honestly love my job and the people I work with. Crazy, I know, but this is going to make it extremely hard for me to leave. It won’t be anytime soon, but still. Thankfully I do have one of my better friends added on Discord so I can keep contact with her outside of work.

The mask mandate in my area ended at the start of this month but I am still not handling it so well. Every time I see someone walk in to my store without a mask I feel like they are going to yell at me, because three weeks ago if someone came in without a mask that's probably what was going to happen (and has happened to me many times while masks were still mandatory).
I don't judge people for ditching the masks now that they are allowed to, I just wish I could stop automatically reacting to these people as a threat who are going to abuse me. Honestly the quality of my customer service has slipped because of it.

Reactions: oak
Ugh, I really don't like this phone but it would feel wasteful to buy a new one after only half a year. I mean literally the only good thing would be like it has a good battery and large screen but aside from that it sucks in literally every aspect and I just want to go back to iPhone.

Sure the built in widget for alarm was useful but I still check the actual Clock "app" anyway so, shrugs.

Last edited:
The 3ds eshop is closing, and I have a 2ds and 3ds xl. I really want SNES games like super metroid, dkc 2/3, etc, but nintendo kinda sucks and made it so that they are only sold to people with new 3ds/2ds models, even though hackers have proven that they work fine on the og models. :l
legit thinking about trading in my 3ds xl towards credit for a new 2ds xl, but idk how easily i'll find them at local stores.
no, i'm not going to get them through nso.

My anxiety creeps inside of me

I ordered some crystals from a seller I've ordered from before, and one of them isn't in the order. I checked the box twice, checked the tightly bubble wrapped packages twice, had my mom go throu the tissue paper even thou I already did that twice, looked in my blankets incase it somehow fell in them even thou I would have heard it fall cause it's not that small and the packages were pretty tightly wrapped. I can't imagine it falling out of the bubble wrap when I opened it cause I opened them on a clean surface and they were wrapped. Tight. It's not in the small box either. There are however, other crystals in there that I didn't order. Crystal shops have given me little bonus crystals before, but since one is missing, I'm assuming it is a substitute? I didn't get a message from the seller about needing to substitute anythin thou.

I sent a message to the seller anyway asking if that was the case. I'm honestly hoping that she forgot to put it in the order, cause I was really excited for that crystal, I had a place ready for it and everythin.

I also really hope I'm not being big stupid again and that its like, under the dresser or somethin.

One of my toads is blind.. ive had them since I was young, Im not ready to say good bye to her..

I might not be on as much.. 😭

I am bothering myself right now if that makes sense. I can’t stop thinking about that one thing. I‘m trying so hard to distract myself, but I still think of it every ten minutes.

Got to love when my redneck neighbors burn their trash and dirty wood. Going to love sleeping and smelling that tonight.

I was on my About page on my profile, and I notice that one of the users is missing in the Following and Followers section. I could understand someone unfollowing me, but I didn't recall unfollowing anybody. I immediately presumed that they deactivated their account or something, and I totally freaked. I checked on a thread that I knew they posted in, and I saw their account. I went to their About page and saw that my name was in their Following and Followers list. I'm guessing that it was a sort of bug or glitch, but I got so scared for a moment... I really like talking with that user, and I think they're pretty cool.

So my friends were playing Truth or Dare at school, and one of them says: "Are you a z00phile?" Weird question, but whatever. Then another says, "I bet that (my name) is because they're so obsessed with Animal Crossing." I kind of felt offended? I feel like I shouldn't be, though. And it didn't help that I told them about my past crush on Apollo. Now they think I'm a z00phile, which is not true! But now that I think about it, they were probably joking...

Last edited:
Back