• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

The reason why they're doing this is to avoid having people hack their save files, but is it worth it when only a very small percentage of them does it? And besides, you can't access the online features anywayif you're running on outdated hardware to do so or something like that.
So in order to battle the 5% they punish everyone. Makes sense. Why is everyone in charge these days so stupid. I just don't get if I am noticing things more as of late or those in charge are really just getting stupider.

I have this problem where if I make one mistake or even get corrected I’ll start doubting myself or my abilities. I don’t know. I wish I wasn’t so sensitive when it comes to certain things. It only happens with certain things though. Like things I take pride in.

Dang, those kinds of videos reached you? Honestly, I'm happy so many people are calling out Sony and the developers of that game (I don't want to say the name anymore and it hurts 😔). There is a boatload of issues that have been exposed when the servers went down for over a day. Without it, only arcade mode and music rally are available to play. I can't even access my garage of cars because of this. I can't participate in single player race events. I can't customize my cars and tune them up. I can't buy cars from dealerships. It pretty much showcases how much of the game players actually have access to, especially for those who bought it physically like me. The reason why they're doing this is to avoid having people hack their save files, but is it worth it when only a very small percentage of them does it? And besides, you can't access the online features anywayif you're running on outdated hardware to do so or something like that.

Microtransactions are basically predatory to consumers and try to pressure them psychologically to buy them. A recent patch released literally almost two weeks after the game came out had race payouts significantly nerfed when they're already bad to begin with. Even with so many people refusing to cave in, there will always be a small percentage of players called 'whales' that are willing to pay microtransactions just to get what they want, showing that these predatory tactics work. Admittedly, GT Sport has microtransactions too, but they work differently. You would pay real money to get a specific car if you wanted to. But it was easy to go around that because the races actually give out a decent amount of in-game credits. In that game, you pay microtransactions to acquire additional in-game credits without the grind, not to acquire cars directly. This is a huge problem when a car is priced in the millions. I looked at the playstation store and did a bit of math. Assuming you are to buy a 12 million credit car using only real money, you'd have to fork over at least $120. That's well over the price of the game, which is $90 that I paid for. That's downright ridiculous and wrong.

There's a game feature new to the series that's basically locked behind RNG: Engine swaps. There are roulette tickets you can get that are severely rigged and it's ridiculous to pretty much lock a game feature behind it. Bug, you may know that a Volkswagen Sambabus exists in that game. It's possible to swap out its stock engine for a Porsche engine that can put out significantly more power. Imagine going roughly 250km/h in that thing. It would be scary in real life, but I would be laughing my butt off right now if it wasn't locked behind RNG. And I'm sure it'd make you laugh too.

I hope you don't mind the lengthy reply, Bug. I've pretty much grown up playing Gran Turismo and it's the reason why I like cars so much. To see it in a state like this made me feel so betrayed on a whole other level. I honestly can't look at the game cover without feeling sad, because it has some stuff that are genuinely good, but I can't support predatory pracitces like this. I might get back to playing that game IF things turn around for the better, but I'm not holding my breath for it. It's made me very hesitant buying Gran Turismo in the future, if it'll even get another one at all. Money and greediness deserve to get thrown in the dumpster fire.

Yeah, I'm pretty miffed that the added Switch profiles are basically locked behind the online subscription which is ridiculous. It another way enticing people to subscribing for the online services. Gaming in general have been slowly shifting from game companies giving fun to being greedy and trying to squeeze pennies out of us. It's very sad indeed that Gran Turismo is heading down this path.

A lot of people around the world are barely getting by and things keep going up in cost. We paid for our game consoles, paid for the game, paid for the online service which is garbage to begin with, and potentially microtransactions if we simply just cannot wait. What more do they want?!?! Obviously, very few game developers especially the indie developers are different and we should support them since they focus on making games that are actually fun to play. I hate money and greediness.

Thank you to the both of you replying to my post. I'll say that I still love the Gran Turismo series, but that game is a complete disgrace in my eyes and to the series itself. My passion for cars hasn't waned at all after what happened and I'll continue to keep that passion strong.
dude 250km/h is like 155 mph, the normal top speed of a VW Sambabus is like 60-65 mph so yes I would also be laughing my ass off 😆

also I follow a few ppl on youtube who talk about gaming news and one of them has made like 2-3 videos about how bad GT7 is (he actually just released this video recently talking about it) so I'm aware of it in that sense. I really hate games that pressure you to spend money in order to enjoy it, I have actually stopped playing games (or completely avoided others) which require more than the base cost of the game to play. I can justify paying a few dollars on a game like Pokemon GO or Pocket Camp, where it's just a luxury and you don't necessarily need it to enjoy the game, but when you have to start paying like $30+ just to get something you should be able to get through normal gameplay/grinding, that's really messed up.

Wow so Japan Post finally admitted they can't ship everything to certain countries because fuel prices... Lmao you could just have written that from start instead lol.

Like I only want like 3 magazines so I can probably send it as a letter this time but.. bruh.

I'm feeling under the weather less than a month after feeling the exact same way for 48 hours or so. What's weird is it seems to occur around that time of the month and if it continues every month I'm going to have to see a doctor incase it's something more serious or I'm going through the early menopause which can happen to a very small percentage of women under 40. It doesn't help that I've been exhibiting some of the symptoms associated with the menopause; hot and cold flashes, joint & muscle ache and slight mood swings.

Day 9 since testing positive for COVID-19, still getting positive LFTs and my throat is beyond irritated. Fed-up and bored. <snip>
Day 10 and finally got a negative test. 🥳
Throat and chest still hurts and feel generally rundown, but at least it means I can go into the city and get some work done. I have a half day tomorrow anyway so that will be a nice way to ease back into it.

Hey you can't go wrong with pizza! It's my go-to meal when I just don't want to bother making something and depending where you get it, it can be pretty good! Didn't know you caught covid. Hopefully you start feeling better soon!
I did end up ordering pizza! Made my evening significantly better. :D

I don’t like when you’re trying to take a down day and be sad for a little, and someone’s trying to force positivity down your throat as if you have to be happy 100% of the time. I’m mostly positive but it’s okay to have a sad day. I don’t let sadness control my life but let me have a sad day. It’s even more annoying because this person is 16 and is extremely happy which is great, but he doesn’t see any of the bad with life.

the fact how i went to the island in acnl and i put my prounouns (she~they) in my bio thingy that every1 can see and this hacker guy put me in the void bc of my prounouns. he basically he hated the fact that i have "they" as 1 of my prounouns. also in the islands this guy blamed me for "removing his royal crown" when i didnt. idk what wrong w/ ppl on the island

woke up from a nap feeling nauseous, dizzy and with stomach upset. not the greatest end to my last day of spring break. 🤕

Starting tomorrow for the next couple of weeks I'll be training someone. The good news is I'll finally have this account off my hands and wipe my hands of the dirt. The bad news is training really takes the life out of me so I'm going to be very tired. Also won't be able to listen to my favorite streamers or do much non-work activities when I do catch a break.

I've felt so tired and drained lately, and just generally down in myself. I don't have the motivation to do anything.

I'm also literally counting down the days until I get my cast off and can hopefully start walking again. Like I want it so badly. Just a slice of normality would be great.

Still feeling under the weather and honestly I hate it because for some odd reason it makes me feel like some sort of failure. I haven't told a soul how unwell I feel because last time I did everyone thought I was just worried when I wasn't so I know if I said something this time I'd get the same reaction. I'm just tired of feeling tired, feeling hot one moment and cold the next and feeling like I'm going to vomit as well.

Sometimes I think I should go cut my hair shorter to even out the parts still a bit shorter but then I also get painfully aware that it took ages for the longest part to grown down to my shoulders :(

Back