• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

Some kids at my school are making really gross and incestuous remarks about me and my brother, which I cannot say. I told him about it and he was just about as disgusted as I am. My dad wasn't bothered and told me to "ignore them", and my IRL friend said the worst thing: "Ayo, I think your brother has a crush on you, [my name]." WHAT THE ****?!?! It honestly feels like they don't understand how freaked out I am about this.

My parents bought a bunch of junk food, but they're not giving any to us because "we don't deserve it" and because "we're gonna eat it all in two days". The worst part is the 50-box of Timbits lying right there on the table. ;-;

Mail company. I don't know if they actually drive out to pick-up places on Saturdays or they are just trolling by keeping it at the hub. I knew they did drive out back in 2020 when I did order from the US so who knows but still arrgh, I just want to go there, lol.

My left earbud is louder than my right earbud and it’s kind of weird. It’s not a big deal, but I don’t know why.
Ughh that sucks :( I'm sorry bro.

Or when they start making buzzing sounds because the cord is damaged or stuff. :/ Or when only one works because same cord reason erghh.

i'm lowkey annoyed the residents we were assigned to last thursday weren't endorsed properly. wasted 5 hours at the OPD waiting for patients only to realize the high-ups (interns) were already handling them. we were only told after the OPD had closed that it was possible to shadow the interns so we could still have a case to report. now all my plans next week are messed up because i have to reschedule my duty at the OPD. hopefully i get resched to monday, but I'm not too sure since two of us wanted a monday resched and the residents ideally wanted only one resched per day.

i want to buy something online and i have the means to, but something at the back of my mind is telling me i dont deserve retail therapy until i've properly finished my OPD duty. I couldve been finished last thursday had there been no miscommunication hhhhhhh.

also, it is so god damn HOT here. i've showered twice already and am going to shower for the third time today in just a bit. i hate turning on the aircon because of electricity bills, but man oh man i am so icky and sticky.

Last edited:
i want to buy something online and i have the means to, but something at the back of my mind is telling me i dont deserve retail therapy until i've properly finished my OPD duty. I couldve been finished last thursday had there been no miscommunication hhhhhhh.
If you can afford it and you know you want it, do it. I don't know how many times I missed stuff I wanted cause I overthought it. You deserve it!

I am so sick of my brother. He just slapped my face again, and has the audacity to say that it was my fault because I was trying to "aggravate him on purpose". And now he's calling me a baby, but it feels like he slapped me extra-hard and it hurts.

Day 9 since testing positive for COVID-19, still getting positive LFTs and my throat is beyond irritated. Fed-up and bored. I've an extremely busy week ahead, so Miss 'Rona can go away now. Going to email my supervisor if I still test positive tomorrow and see if he's comfortable with me coming in to get caught up on work on Monday, because government guidelines say it's okay for me to go back to work from Day 10 even with a positive test but I don't want to put others at risk. I work under expert virologists and parasitologists so trust their judgement over the government, if I'm honest!

Is ordering pizza a good solution to being sad? No? Sod it, I'm doing it anyway.

I was actually wondering how you felt about the game, cause I know you were super excited for it, and I've been seeing lots of videos on yt about how messed up it is and how it's basically online-only and just littered with microtransactions. I can't imagine how disappointed you must be. I wish game companies would stop being so greedy and actually do their loyal fans a service.

there's so much I want to do and so little time and energy to actually do it lol

Hey you can't go wrong with pizza! It's my go-to meal when I just don't want to bother making something and depending where you get it, it can be pretty good! Didn't know you caught covid. Hopefully you start feeling better soon!

@Shellzilla_515 It feels like a lot of games are going that way. Heck it even feels like Nintendo is doing that with the Switch since they just recently added more Switch profiles/pfps that cost like a quarter each or something (from what I heard?) Not going to buy any of them tbh. Or how they half-baked the NSO+membership and pushed out the N64 games where they played worst than the original. How do you manage to do that? Where was the game-testing and quality control?

I watched a video recently of someone who talked about Red Dead Redemption 2 online and how Rockstar killed it. Can't remember the specifics, but you can collect materials and money in the game by doing various activities or killing enemies. Eventually they nerfed the loot you can get to the point that trying to obtain anything in the game was nearly impossible unless you spent an active year trying to grind for it. Or pay a lot of real money for in-game currencies to get said content.

It sucks when a company gets too greedy for its own good. Sorry to hear about your childhood series being ruined. It's sort of how I feel about those Nintendo mobile games. I think NH would be a lot better if there wasn't PC 'competing' with it.

I drove for the first time today. Now I know why I was scared, lol. Everything turned out to be alright, but I was so worried about my dad‘s car. xD

I drove for the first time today. Now I know why I was scared, lol. Everything turned out to be alright, but I was so worried about my dad‘s car. xD
Driving a car is just like riding a bike. You just got to do it a lot of times until you are comfortable with it. You'll get better with each day you practice! We've all been there.

Made the mistake of falling down a rabbit hole of horrific news articles. Really shouldn't have clicked on the first one to begin with.

I know things in the world have been pretty rough these past couple of years. With the whole pandemic crisis going on, everything on the news just seems to be so negative these days, getting a job is a lot of harder these days I just feel stuck right now. There are things I had planned before the pandemic even happened, but I just don't wanna do it. Maybe because I'm experiencing like emotional exhausting where sometimes whenever I try to find stuff to do, I tend to feel nothing. One moment I'm enjoying myself doing my favorite the thing and next thing I feel bored. I do things around the house but even that doesn't make me feel any better.

I tell myself "You have to take it easy, you can't be forcing yourself to do everything at once" but I just can't help it. I'm the type of person who tends to get stuff done a lot quicker and then I realize I have a lot more time to spare, but even that doesn't help. I know people always tell me "If you do this it will make you feel better" but to tell you the truth I don't feel anything. I don't know its maybe because I've grown up in such a toxic environment and I've become numb to everything. Sometimes forcing myself to be happy only damages my mental health and it just makes me feel miserable. The point I'm saying is that I feel bored everyday and I know stuff that is going on is out of my control and there is nothing I can do about it, but it sucks how this is making me feel right now.

two of my fanfics were written in my BlackBerry memos and I have no way of getting them on my computer since the charging port is busted (I have to use a different blackberry to charge the battery) and bc it's so old I can't get on any websites or send emails (it gives me a security error). so I guess I'll just have to copy them down into a word document on my computer, which I hate to do cause it takes soooo long ://////

two of my fanfics were written in my BlackBerry memos and I have no way of getting them on my computer since the charging port is busted (I have to use a different blackberry to charge the battery) and bc it's so old I can't get on any websites or send emails (it gives me a security error). so I guess I'll just have to copy them down into a word document on my computer, which I hate to do cause it takes soooo long ://////
Could you just screenshot it and then get one of those image to text translations?

Could you just screenshot it and then get one of those image to text translations?
blackberry curve can't take screenshots lol, it's a pretty primitive smartphone. besides I can only fit like 6 lines of text on the tiny screen so it prob wouldn't be worth my time 😅

I was actually wondering how you felt about the game, cause I know you were super excited for it, and I've been seeing lots of videos on yt about how messed up it is and how it's basically online-only and just littered with microtransactions. I can't imagine how disappointed you must be. I wish game companies would stop being so greedy and actually do their loyal fans a service.
Dang, those kinds of videos reached you? Honestly, I'm happy so many people are calling out Sony and the developers of that game (I don't want to say the name anymore and it hurts 😔). There is a boatload of issues that have been exposed when the servers went down for over a day. Without it, only arcade mode and music rally are available to play. I can't even access my garage of cars because of this. I can't participate in single player race events. I can't customize my cars and tune them up. I can't buy cars from dealerships. It pretty much showcases how much of the game players actually have access to, especially for those who bought it physically like me. The reason why they're doing this is to avoid having people hack their save files, but is it worth it when only a very small percentage of them does it? And besides, you can't access the online features anywayif you're running on outdated hardware to do so or something like that.

Microtransactions are basically predatory to consumers and try to pressure them psychologically to buy them. A recent patch released literally almost two weeks after the game came out had race payouts significantly nerfed when they're already bad to begin with. Even with so many people refusing to cave in, there will always be a small percentage of players called 'whales' that are willing to pay microtransactions just to get what they want, showing that these predatory tactics work. Admittedly, GT Sport has microtransactions too, but they work differently. You would pay real money to get a specific car if you wanted to. But it was easy to go around that because the races actually give out a decent amount of in-game credits. In that game, you pay microtransactions to acquire additional in-game credits without the grind, not to acquire cars directly. This is a huge problem when a car is priced in the millions. I looked at the playstation store and did a bit of math. Assuming you are to buy a 12 million credit car using only real money, you'd have to fork over at least $120. That's well over the price of the game, which is $90 that I paid for. That's downright ridiculous and wrong.

There's a game feature new to the series that's basically locked behind RNG: Engine swaps. There are roulette tickets you can get that are severely rigged and it's ridiculous to pretty much lock a game feature behind it. Bug, you may know that a Volkswagen Sambabus exists in that game. It's possible to swap out its stock engine for a Porsche engine that can put out significantly more power. Imagine going roughly 250km/h in that thing. It would be scary in real life, but I would be laughing my butt off right now if it wasn't locked behind RNG. And I'm sure it'd make you laugh too.

I hope you don't mind the lengthy reply, Bug. I've pretty much grown up playing Gran Turismo and it's the reason why I like cars so much. To see it in a state like this made me feel so betrayed on a whole other level. I honestly can't look at the game cover without feeling sad, because it has some stuff that are genuinely good, but I can't support predatory pracitces like this. I might get back to playing that game IF things turn around for the better, but I'm not holding my breath for it. It's made me very hesitant buying Gran Turismo in the future, if it'll even get another one at all. Money and greediness deserve to get thrown in the dumpster fire.

@Shellzilla_515 It feels like a lot of games are going that way. Heck it even feels like Nintendo is doing that with the Switch since they just recently added more Switch profiles/pfps that cost like a quarter each or something (from what I heard?) Not going to buy any of them tbh. Or how they half-baked the NSO+membership and pushed out the N64 games where they played worst than the original. How do you manage to do that? Where was the game-testing and quality control?

I watched a video recently of someone who talked about Red Dead Redemption 2 online and how Rockstar killed it. Can't remember the specifics, but you can collect materials and money in the game by doing various activities or killing enemies. Eventually they nerfed the loot you can get to the point that trying to obtain anything in the game was nearly impossible unless you spent an active year trying to grind for it. Or pay a lot of real money for in-game currencies to get said content.

It sucks when a company gets too greedy for its own good. Sorry to hear about your childhood series being ruined. It's sort of how I feel about those Nintendo mobile games. I think NH would be a lot better if there wasn't PC 'competing' with it.
Yeah, I'm pretty miffed that the added Switch profiles are basically locked behind the online subscription which is ridiculous. It another way enticing people to subscribing for the online services. Gaming in general have been slowly shifting from game companies giving fun to being greedy and trying to squeeze pennies out of us. It's very sad indeed that Gran Turismo is heading down this path.

A lot of people around the world are barely getting by and things keep going up in cost. We paid for our game consoles, paid for the game, paid for the online service which is garbage to begin with, and potentially microtransactions if we simply just cannot wait. What more do they want?!?! Obviously, very few game developers especially the indie developers are different and we should support them since they focus on making games that are actually fun to play. I hate money and greediness.

Thank you to the both of you replying to my post. I'll say that I still love the Gran Turismo series, but that game is a complete disgrace in my eyes and to the series itself. My passion for cars hasn't waned at all after what happened and I'll continue to keep that passion strong.

Back