• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

I agree with everyone else. Both of you are really important to me and I would be sad if either of you left (though that decision is entirely up to you). So many of my TBT friends from the past have already left, and losing you two would be hard. I've really enjoyed our time spent talking and playing NH together, Xara, and I feel like I have a connection with you too, Kilza, because I have family in Florida that likes the Lightning hockey team, and also because we've played Smash a lot together. not to mention you're both super cool and friendly people. You're both super kind to everyone as well. I think that goes without saying though. 💚 💚 💚 🤗

@xara if you quit then I wont be able to finish
CCDF120F-30A0-44A9-AE62-9358179AB6E0.png

Xara, you are definitely important here. Reading your posts is honestly a treat because you try to find the positives in life despite the struggles you're going through. To me, you're becoming one of the TBT icons around here for all the things you've done for the community and for spreading good vibes all around. However, I totally understand if you need to take a break from the forums for whatever reason that may be. It's okay to feel down. We're all human and experience different emotions at different times. Life is not perfect. Things do get tough every once in a while and in some cases, spiral out of our control. What I'm saying is that a lot of people will miss you. Whenever I think of TBT, I think of you and many others that have contributed to the community. Don't forget the kindness you've spread to others, xara. We'll be sure to remember it for a long time!

Sincerely,

Your fellow Poliwag member, Shellzilla_515. 💙

I lost my 3DS. :( I can't remember where I left it, but if it's outside and it rains, I'm totally screwed.

Aside from that, I feel like my weekend was totally ruined and wasted. My dad said I could use devices from 3 PM to 9 PM yesterday, but it was pointless. I hardly got to do that because I was so busy with chores and I went to two different people's places. And my dad is telling me to be 'grateful' with his 'generous offer', but I was so busy I couldn't even enjoy it.

And my family's just being a pain in the butt, especially my dad and brother. I don't wanna go downstairs 'cause then I'll have to face them.

Life. I have serious self-esteem issues, I have no friends, my parents don't care about me and my mental issues, my stepmom's having a baby in three months and she and my dad haven't been married for a year yet, etc. I'm just so done.

I promised my supervisor that I would submit a draft of my research plan for the next three months by tomorrow morning. It currently sits at 150 words. Arguably I should have at least 500-1000 words before I show her even a rough/incomplete draft. This will be a long evening. 🥱

I don't know how but I woke up with a headache despite not having one when I went to sleep. How is this possible? That should be illegal. It still persist even after two meals and some water & Gatorade. Normally I would just sleep off the headache since I would get it at night from playing too much Skyrim on the TV, reading small text. But it's midday here and I can't go to sleep. I feel like I can't do any hobbies either like playing video games, listening to music or drawing since that might aggravate it.

GUYS i JUST SPILLED CHOCOLATE MILK ALL OVER MY DESK AGAIN YOU CANT MAKE THIS **** UP
Omg I'm sorry ;___; I hope everything's fine! :eek:

I spilled sparkling water all over my laptop keyboard some months ago, it turned out okay but some keys are a bit wonky so it spell stuff wrong lol

I was feeling a little moody today. Admittedly, it was something over a little small, but it highlights how my parents simply downplay my emotions when I'm feeling down. Whenever I feel a little angry, my dad scolds me, as if he doesn't do that himself. A few weeks ago when my dad was driving, he was absolutely fuming in traffic. I get a little angry too when other drivers get reckless, but it's a small drop in the bucket compared to him.

Here's another one. I rarely cry. Whenever I do, even if it's just a tear, my mom straight up tells me to stop and says that I should toughen up. Moreover, she tells me that I'm being "too sensitive" and that "people won't want to hang out with me". So you're saying I should not have any emotions at all? You don't want me to act like a human? Do you think I should be happy all the time? Just get yourself a robot son if you don't want me like this. It really hurts having my feelings invalidated. I want to cry, but my mom will just tell me to stop and bottle it up. I feel dead inside. Perhaps I should've stayed home and not gone on a car stroll with them...

not me thinking about leaving tbt or at least going on a hiatus again. i talk about how wonderful this community is and how tbt has become a safe space of sorts for me a lot, and all of that is true, but i don’t feel like i’m important here, or like i even belong. i’m just sorta here, and i hate that. the urge to just up and leave is strong rn lol. i just wanna feel like i actually matter to someone, idk.

also, love that the one time i actually speak up and let someone know that something they said was hurtful, they immediately start ignoring me afterwards. like, bro... did not need this. i am so, so tired.
If you need anyone to talk to, you can DM me. You remind me of myself last year when I was having thoughts of leaving TBT so believe me I know how you're feeling.

Omg I'm sorry ;___; I hope everything's fine! :eek:

I spilled sparkling water all over my laptop keyboard some months ago, it turned out okay but some keys are a bit wonky so it spell stuff wrong lol
it's okay, it didn't get on my keyboard this time (last time it did and cleaning was awful lol)
it did get on my mousepad tho which sucks, I'll prob have to put some soapy water on it 😩

it's okay, it didn't get on my keyboard this time (last time it did and cleaning was awful lol)
it did get on my mousepad tho which sucks, I'll prob have to put some soapy water on it 😩
Oh yeah I can imagine, it was hell cleaning my laptop dry ugh D:
I've gotten water on my pad, no stains really but takes a bit to dry 😩

@xara I agree with Oak. I know that I enjoy reading your posts whenever I hop by here. There are definitely members here who aren't that active, but that's not the case with you. You engage with the community here and are well known. Your posts are always interesting, funny, and or heartwarming. At least I think so! You're a great person and there are many here who would agree with that.

I feel like I've gotten to know you a bit better since I've become more active and I enjoy your presence/company on these forums. Now if you feel you need to recharge yourself and back away from the site/social media, we all understand, but you will be missed.
@xara I have definitely enjoyed reading your posts. You would be missed but sometimes you do need to take some time to recharge. You need to do what is best for you. I have felt the same at times and a little break sometimes helps. Agree with @TheDuke55 you are a great person.
I agree with everyone else. Both of you are really important to me and I would be sad if either of you left (though that decision is entirely up to you). So many of my TBT friends from the past have already left, and losing you two would be hard. I've really enjoyed our time spent talking and playing NH together, Xara, and I feel like I have a connection with you too, Kilza, because I have family in Florida that likes the Lightning hockey team, and also because we've played Smash a lot together. not to mention you're both super cool and friendly people. You're both super kind to everyone as well. I think that goes without saying though. 💚 💚 💚 🤗
Alright I don't know what is going on here but @/ xara I really wish you'd stay :(
@xara ilysm bro I'll really miss you if you leave 🥺😞
If you need anyone to talk to, you can DM me. You remind me of myself last year when I was having thoughts of leaving TBT so believe me I know how you're feeling.
thank you guys so, so much. i’m honestly, uh, a little embarrassed that i posted that, but i genuinely appreciate you all taking the time to respond so much. i think i’m a bit too tbt obsessed to ever leave permanently (at least not anytime soon), but i definitely might go on a slight hiatus or something. i’ll still probably post and check in multiple times a day since like i said, tbt obsessed lmao, but idk. i’ve got a lot of big life changing decisions coming up, and i really think i need to get my head on straight. these last 7-8 months have ****ed me up a lot, and i do be struggling, but i appreciate you guys more than you’ll ever know. thank you. 💜🖤

Plus you're like one of the main characters if this website was a tv show.
the way this actually made me smile lol. thank you so much, oak. <3

I feel you. I've definitely felt the same way at times, where I'm just another user here and if I was to leave tomorrow, nobody would care I was gone. Even if that's only our perception of things, sometimes we can't help but feel that perception is reality.

For what it's worth, I feel that you are a valued member of the community and lots of people do care about you here. I know I enjoy seeing you around and seeing your posts on here. Though ultimately, whether you think you should leave or just take a hiatus or do neither, that's up for you and you alone to decide. Just do what is best for you and your mental health.
thank you so much, kilza. for what it’s worth as well, i’d definitely care and notice if you ever left tbt, too. you’re one of the most iconic members on here imo, and plus, you’re a fellow bellflower and poliwag. we’re friends for life, man. 😄💙

@xara if you quit then I wont be able to finish
😭😭 RENEE?????? I’M GONNA CRY STOP I’M NOT WORTHY OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL ART. 😭💜

Xara, you are definitely important here. Reading your posts is honestly a treat because you try to find the positives in life despite the struggles you're going through. To me, you're becoming one of the TBT icons around here for all the things you've done for the community and for spreading good vibes all around. However, I totally understand if you need to take a break from the forums for whatever reason that may be. It's okay to feel down. We're all human and experience different emotions at different times. Life is not perfect. Things do get tough every once in a while and in some cases, spiral out of our control. What I'm saying is that a lot of people will miss you. Whenever I think of TBT, I think of you and many others that have contributed to the community. Don't forget the kindness you've spread to others, xara. We'll be sure to remember it for a long time!

Sincerely,

Your fellow Poliwag member, Shellzilla_515. 💙
thank you so much, shellz. 🥺💙 and in response to your post, i am so, so sorry that your parents downplay your emotions like that. i know how awful that feels; my parents do that to me, too, and yet are huge balls of anger and rage themselves. it really does suck. but you absolutely have every right to have feelings and express them, and you most certainly have the right to cry. nobody has the right to tell you to bottle up your emotions; not even your parents. it’s not healthy. your feelings and responses to how people make you feel are so, so valid, no matter what anyone says. 💙

@xara

Pinging you since it's a large post... And if you feel you need a hiatus, definitely take one and since your account will always be here you can always come back. Glad you feel better ❤️

want to preface this by saying i'm aware other people's relationships aren't my business and that i know 18 isn't the age of consent everywhere, but this is still-

there's this person i've commissioned and sort of talked to on toyhouse who turned 19 just over a week ago. today, she posted art celebrating her 1 year anniversary with her 21 (soon to be 22) year old boyfriend, meaning he started dating her right after she turned 18 and subsequently probably knew her before that for some time. he's drawn a lot of explicit NSFW stuff for her before, and he's the one she did those NSFW "get to know my ship" things i mentioned previously, with his character often having, um... less "normal" bedroom interests and stuff if you get me. creeps me out that there's a good chance he was discussing and drawing that sort of stuff with/for her while she was still a minor or at least conveniently right after she came of age. i'm only a year older than him, and the thought of doing that myself just-

Back