• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's Bothering You?

i wish my mom would be supportive of me just once. earlier this week, when i mentioned finally being able to take a break today (after going to appointments once a day all week), she just scoffed and was like, "what after going to a few appointments?" as if just getting dressed and going outside doesn't completely exhaust me. just now, i admitted to her that i was kind of excited to 'start' my new volunteer job on monday, and she just started going on about how i should get a real job if i'm that excited even though the process is completely different and a real job wouldn't allow me anywhere near as much freedom or support for my physical/mental health. i thought i was finally making some progress, maybe, but now i just want to cry because even that isn't good enough apparently lol.
While I know this is easier said than done, especially when it's coming from a parent, try not to dwell too much on the opinion of people who think it is okay to undervalue your achievements. If finding the energy to go out daily is difficult for you, and you've accomplished that this week, then you deserve to celebrate that. The only way that things are going to get better is if you go at a pace that works for you.

Volunteer work is still work and it is a great place to start building yourself up from - especially if the standard 9-to-5 isn't something you are capable of right now. You will be developing the same skills that you would be building in a paid work environment and it should help you to become more confident in yourself and your abilities. So try not to let your mum make you feel as if the work is invalid or not good enough just because it doesn't have as many hours or come with a monthly payslip.

this is actually relevant to my life right now as well. just a few days ago (I may have posted abt it here, I think I did) my dad was playing song covers for me that people have posted on yt and he would say stuff like "look this person does only covers and has 150k subscribers" or "when are you gonna start using your degree?" or "why don't you perform anymore?". it's so disheartening to hear a parent constantly be dissatisfied with what I'm doing with my life. it especially sucks bc my dad basically lacks empathy so even though my mom and I both have disabilities he still thinks we're just being lazy and not wanting to do anything. I talked to my therapist abt this yesterday, and the point she brought up was "men [or biologically male people] tend to be go-getters who want to solve problems now, whereas women [or biologically female people] are more willing to take time and process everything before making decisions, and are more attuned to emotions." there are some exceptions, I know, but my dad is one of those people who wants to solve problems now and he wants me to put myself out there right now and have a vocation. but I'm not interested in that, I'm trying to rebuild my mental health and take care of myself right now. only I know what's best for me, and that applies to everyone else; only you know what's best for you. you just have to tune out those who don't care to know the full story and would rather push you into something you can't do, or don't want to do.

anyways enough ranting. I was just bragging abt how my acid reflux stopped when I started taking my meds separately in the morning, and then like 30 min before my interview today I had another episode. I didn't even take both meds yet. idk what caused it but it lasted for about 3 hours and it didn't go away until I took an apple cider vinegar capsule like 15 minutes ago. I'm finally starting to feel better but ugh.

also want to draw but I'm feeling really tired and kinda under the weather so I might just go lie down for a bit. I hate feeling this way so often, it's annoying.

I just heard that Covid Cases are starting to go up in New York and I'm concerned about my sister and my other family members who live there. This is why I hate spring. The pollen is making people sneeze and of course causing Covid to spread around more easily. According to the News Media this could be potentially the 5th wave.

As the old saying goes "Pandemics are often stopped when enough people just follow the rules" sadly in today's society that doesn't seem to be the case. There are more people still being anti-mask/anti-vaccine and there are those trying to lie about being vaccinated just to get inside when they are feeling sick. It makes it difficult to tell who is vaccinated and who is not. Ever since the Mask Mandate has been dropped this has becoming more problematic. Its like a repeat of last year when the Delta Variant came and everything went haywire.

My Instagram account has been banned for "buying followers and likes" and I haven't done any of that. My account is on private and the only people that follow me are people I know. I haven't even posted anything to like/had any new followers for about the last year. Furthermore there dosent seem to be a way to contact them about it so it's just really frustrating.

Just like I predicted, I slept in class. All of them, actually. Luckily, my teachers didn't seem to mind too much.
I almost fell asleep in Math class! I guess the lesson was pretty boring... My teacher seemed to be in a good mood, because she just said a hearty, "Are you dozing off, [my name]?" She's usually very strict and would've blown a fuse if she caught me sleeping in her class.
I also drool in my sleep, so when I wake up at the end of class, I have a puddle of drool in my face mask. Gross.
I did an evaluation in French to test my French-speaking skills, I guess. I hate those evaluations, I get so fricking stressed about it. I don't think I did too bad, but my teacher said that I should talk louder next time.
I'm very worried about some of my online friends because they seem to be very down lately, they say I shouldn't worry about them but I can't help it...

My ear training is not going so well right now which is kind of bothering me. On the other hand I enjoy playing guitar and learning music so much that it fills my heart with joy every time I think about it.

I’ve met a couple friends today, and one of them didn’t seem to mind me. Well, she did, maybe it was just me. It’s a long story, but she seems to get along better with others. I tried to keep her only for myself, but it didn’t work (that sounds very manipulative, but I was just trying to be a good friend). Every single person I want to become closer friends with, just finds someone else whom they like better. I tried to avoid this this time, but here we go again …

Being an extrovert with social anxiety basically sucks. Idk what it is. I was asked to hang out with a group of friends (maybe 4 or 5) and on one hand, I want to do it because I’ve never done anything like it before but on the other hand I’m not sure how I’d feel in a public setting hanging out with 5 people at a time. I don’t know what I’d do if it’s too much for me and I’d feel bad saying anything about it. Maybe I’d feel better if it was like 3 people but I think 4 or 5 could be overwhelming for the first time I hang out in a group.

I know I should probably do it because i need to get over myself and do it eventually. I can’t just not hang out with friends at all. It’s just new to me and i don’t even know what to expect. I feel like i’d just stand there or make things awkward and i’d be the person just tagging along. Idk. I’m probably looking too much into it.

Just like I predicted, I slept in class. All of them, actually. Luckily, my teachers didn't seem to mind too much.
I almost fell asleep in Math class! I guess the lesson was pretty boring... My teacher seemed to be in a good mood, because she just said a hearty, "Are you dozing off, [my name]?" She's usually very strict and would've blown a fuse if she caught me sleeping in her class.
I also drool in my sleep, so when I wake up at the end of class, I have a puddle of drool in my face mask. Gross.
I did an evaluation in French to test my French-speaking skills, I guess. I hate those evaluations, I get so fricking stressed about it. I don't think I did too bad, but my teacher said that I should talk louder next time.
I'm very worried about some of my online friends because they seem to be very down lately, they say I shouldn't worry about them but I can't help it...
This reminded me when I feel asleep in computer class. I was feeling so bored that I actually fell asleep because I had nothing else to do and I had to wait until the Bell rings for the next class. The teacher shook me and said "You're suppose to go to your next class" and I just said "Oh okay uh sorry I just feel asleep" and she didn't seem to mind that.

Being an extrovert with social anxiety basically sucks. Idk what it is. I was asked to hang out with a group of friends (maybe 4 or 5) and on one hand, I want to do it because I’ve never done anything like it before but on the other hand I’m not sure how I’d feel in a public setting hanging out with 5 people at a time. I don’t know what I’d do if it’s too much for me and I’d feel bad saying anything about it. Maybe I’d feel better if it was like 3 people but I think 4 or 5 could be overwhelming for the first time I hang out in a group.

I know I should probably do it because i need to get over myself and do it eventually. I can’t just not hang out with friends at all. It’s just new to me and i don’t even know what to expect. I feel like i’d just stand there or make things awkward and i’d be the person just tagging along. Idk. I’m probably looking too much into it.
I can relate to this. I am extremely chatty and outgoing but anxiety destroys me in the hours/days leading up to meetings with unfamiliar people and the bigger the group the worse it will be. Based on my experience, I would suggest just going for it. If you've any anti-anxiety medication or anything else that you use to manage physical symptoms, then take them before you go.

Social settings like this are often only scary the first time, or the first couple of times. Once you get used to the company it will become easier. Often the anticipation and the scenarios you imagine in your head are far worse than the reality.

I am so frustrated, angry and confused. I don’t get why they have to change things that work perfectly fine and change them to be so complicated. I basically had a panic attack this morning . I don’t handle change well especially such drastic change that had no warning .

my intrusive thoughts are getting worse. sometimes i just want to bash my head against a wall because of how bothering it is. i hate it. this always happens whenever a family member gets sick :(

my intrusive thoughts are getting worse. sometimes i just want to bash my head against a wall because of how bothering it is. i hate it. this always happens whenever a family member gets sick :(
that happens to me too, and i hope the your family member gets well soon

I have a really bad headache, it's honestly prob a migraine at this point. feels like someone is squeezing my head between their palms 😞
I should probably just go to bed, my headaches always feel better once I get some sleep.

I think one of my biggest peeves is when people associate cute/cartoon/etc things with being immature. like really bro. I think having that kind of mindset is immature tbh.
Enjoy what you like. I already said it before somewhere not too long ago, but I've been mocked for participating in Civil War reenactments. Things like that it's stupid/silly, pointless, that it's not the real thing so I'm pathetic, ect. And I bet none of them would be able to do the hardcore camping that it takes, carrying 30 pounds of gear and wool in summer heat, ect.

The people who get caught up on some random person's hobby and or likes is the one who should be questioning their own morals. Focus more on your own life and less on some stranger that does not impact you in the slightest lol. Bottom line, just forget them. You can't change their hardheaded opinion.

Somehow I ended up falling asleep and awoken to my brother yelling at me. He just wanted me to take the dog out, which I guess was a good enough reason to disturb my sleep. I wasted a bunch of time and probably don't have time to watch Poofesure like I wanted to. :(
My memory is so crap, I can't remember anything that happened before I fell asleep. Why did I sleep, when did I sleep, did I even eat supper? I guess no more all-nighters if this keeps happening...

I think one of my biggest peeves is when people associate cute/cartoon/etc things with being immature. like really bro. I think having that kind of mindset is immature tbh.
As long as it's not creepers loving outright baby cartoons and does NSFW stuff I agree with you. I've seen way too many NSFW diaper furry things for this lol.

And yeah love what cartoon you want! (y)

Last edited:
Tomorrow will be "Mother's Day" and I don't have a mother. It means that she already passed away...

Back