• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

What's Bothering You?

If they haven't explicitly told you that it is a fasted test then it is unlikely needed. When someone is suspected of being iron deficient, scientists often aren't testing your sample directly for iron. Iron isn't considered a very good marker to test for because it fluctuates so rapidly. So instead we will use a blood protein called ferritin as a marker because it is a more stable and reliable way of testing for iron deficiency. This is because iron is stored inside of ferritin, so if you have low ferritin then we are able to conclude from that that you also have low iron levels.

It'd be better to eat and drink normally if you've not been explicitly told that you need to fast. I'm iron deficient (along with various other deficiencies) and regularly have blood tested. The only time I was required to fast was for a full blood test.
oh really? weird, i wonder why the nhs website recommends fasting lol. at least this means i don't have to stop eating at 10AM; thanks for the heads up!

Nervous because tomorrow I think I'm finally going to submit my two weeks notice. Not sure how my coworkers will react. I'm still living at home with my parents so I also hope they respect my need for an actual break before I resume job hunting. I had a week off last week and called off today, so I know I have hundreds of emails sitting in that inbox. Not looking forward to tomorrow in the slightest.

I disagree of my doctor's treatment where she gave me a medication called "Rybelsus 3 mg" which a medication that is used to treat people with type 2 diabetes, but here is the thing. All I asked the doctor was "My blood sugar was high in the morning but it becomes stable in the morning why is that?" Then the Doctor just said "I don't know but this medication can help that" I mean seriously?

To give context the last time I went to see a Diabetic Doctor was back in April 14, 2022 and they did a A1C test which it was 10.6 and told me that I'm diabetic, but when I show the doctor that my blood sugar results were improving and showed no signs of it being high at first they told me they don't "think" I have diabetes and to continue monitoring my blood sugar and to stop taking insulin. Which I did continue monitoring my blood sugar for the past 3 months.

Today when I went to see the Doctor again this time it was a different one than the one I saw way back in April. Right off the bat she gives me a bad vibe by automatically assuming I'm diabetic based on my past records despite me showing how my blood sugar was improving at the time. I showed my blood sugar results again because they were still improving but she gave became dismissive and said "It doesn't matter if your blood sugar is improving you're still diabetic" which really angered me and then had the nerve to say "How long are you on your low carb diet, you should eat more carbs!" Which annoyed me so much. After that I told them to do a A1C test and now I have to wait for the results.

This Doctor's appointment felt pretty rushed. I never got to chance to voice my concerns, I didn't even got a chance to explain any symptoms since the Doctor didn't to ask me about it, and I never got the chance to explain what type of foods I've been eating to bring my blood sugar stable. The truth is I'm prediabetic but this doctor seems to think I'm automatically diabetic despite my blood sugar results improving over the past 3 months and all because I asked the question of why my blood sugar was always high in the morning. I am not taking that new medication they gave me because I read the reviews and it was pretty concerning.

this poor kitten has roundworms, I had to take her to the vet earlier to get her meds and I have to watch her constantly when she's awake to help her use the litter box (she's not quite old enough to understand it, she's only like 4-5 weeks old) and watch for nausea. I also have to keep her isolated from the other cats for 24 hrs which means keeping her in her own room. I dont like to leave her alone but im also pretty bored/tired in here (though she is quite entertaining to watch she's stressing me out rn). it's such a struggle.

she should be better tomorrow afternoon though, then she can return to my room with the dog and other cats.

this poor kitten has roundworms, I had to take her to the vet earlier to get her meds and I have to watch her constantly when she's awake to help her use the litter box (she's not quite old enough to understand it, she's only like 4-5 weeks old) and watch for nausea. I also have to keep her isolated from the other cats for 24 hrs which means keeping her in her own room. I dont like to leave her alone but im also pretty bored/tired in here (though she is quite entertaining to watch she's stressing me out rn). it's such a struggle.

she should be better tomorrow afternoon though, then she can return to my room with the dog and other cats.
Poor kitty :(
fingers crossed she will feel better tomorrow!
maybe she might take a nap and you can have a chance to have some "me time" for a bit?

Poor kitty :(
fingers crossed she will feel better tomorrow!
maybe she might take a nap and you can have a chance to have some "me time" for a bit?
yeah she's napping rn but since I'm still in the other room w her (plus the almighty executive dysfunction ofc) ive been lying on a hardwood floor for like 20 min now. my ribs hurt 🤣🤣

I've been trading off w my mom occasionally since cats don't usually go in her room so that kinda helps.

Last edited:
why are my depression symptoms coming back? am I still exhausted from cleaning for a week straight? or did my meds just decide to stop working one day? idk but I think that's why I'm so tired all the time, it's accompanied with a lack of desire to do much of anything and also lack of pleasure from doing things I like doing. I hate feeling this way.

it doesn't help that taking care of this kitten stresses me out, I want to just let her run around but she doesn't quite understand how to use a litter box so she'll just go whenever and wherever she wants to. I'm trying to get her used to using a litter box but that means I have to keep her in a crate like half the time and I just hate doing that 😞 also ofc the roundworm thing, she has meds for it now but idk if that means she can't spread it anymore but keeping her separate from the other cats is really difficult.

Incompetent support staff at Asendia. Sorry not buying from online stores using them again if they send with DPD.

So disappointed 😭 spent 6 hours at the airport only for my flight to get cancelled with no chance of getting any others. The whole trip has been cancelled now smh

I am so done. I wish school would just end already. Not sure if that would help things, I can't stand my family and I'm gonna otherwise be stuck with them for the next two months.
I hate my classmates so much, they're almost as annoying as my brother. First they're being totally immature when our science teacher told us how farmers artifically impregnate cows (which somehow had to do with our current BioTech topic), then they make me mess up my art project by continuously moving the table when I'm painting something intricate. Not to mention that they're always so loud, both in and out of class. Ugh, I wanna punch all of them in the face.

I am so done. I wish school would just end already. Not sure if that would help things, I can't stand my family and I'm gonna otherwise be stuck with them for the next two months.
I hate my classmates so much, they're almost as annoying as my brother. First they're being totally immature when our science teacher told us how farmers artifically impregnate cows (which somehow had to do with our current BioTech topic), then they make me mess up my art project by continuously moving the table when I'm painting something intricate. Not to mention that they're always so loud, both in and out of class. Ugh, I wanna punch all of them in the face.
Man you almost sound like me back in my day when I was going through something like that during high school. I know how it feels because back then, I was a very angry and stern student. I hide my feelings because I had so many issues happening back at home but I could not even say it since I was told to shut up about it by my teachers who was like "We don't want to hear about your problems". I was angry at everyone in the school. All the students were being noisy and the teachers were becoming more boastful and stubborn. I only cared about finishing my schoolwork and trying to get pass all of this nonsense. I did get straight A's but I didn't even care because I wanted to be done with this.

By the time I graduated back in May 2013 I felt nothing, just the feeling of "thank god this is over" and I didn't have to worry about doing this again. Needless to say the school really damaged me mentally and it didn't help that I had problems back at home but nobody seemed to care about me at the time. It was a dark moment for me thats for sure. So yeah I know how it feels.

Last edited:
I have a sinus headache for seemingly no reason :,,,,>

I had a new drawing idea this evening but my computer took 7 years to restart and my head hurts so I'l just have to start it tomorrow ig. I did do a rough sketch so I would remember the idea so that helps.

Back