What's the last movie you've seen?

On Friday night I did my yearly rewatch of director Sean S. Cunningham's 1980 original Friday the 13th and director Steve Miner's 1981 movie Friday the 13th Part 2.

Saturday night was director Steve Miner's 1982 movie Friday the 13th Part III: 3D and director Joseph Zito's 1984 movie Friday the 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter.

Tonight was director Danny Steinmann's 1985 movie Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning and director Tom McLoughlin's 1986 movie Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives.

Watched The Substance last night. The makeup/design in that movie.. I knew it was somewhat horror, but was not expecting body horror! I loved it.

Also planning on watching Smile 2 in theatres when it drops. Been in a horror mood lately, it being October + favourite genre

Ichabod and Mr. Toad which, I’m sorry, but doesn’t live up to the hype. It’s also weird to combine Sleepy Hollow with The Wind in the Willows lol.

Watched The Substance last night. The makeup/design in that movie.. I knew it was somewhat horror, but was not expecting body horror! I loved it.

Also planning on watching Smile 2 in theatres when it drops. Been in a horror mood lately, it being October + favourite genre
Idk if I have the stomach to watch The Substance, but it has an interesting premise, especially as a commentary on how society treats aging women. Some drag queens I follow on Insta are big fans; I didn’t know how popular it would get.

Idk if I have the stomach to watch The Substance, but it has an interesting premise, especially as a commentary on how society treats aging women. Some drag queens I follow on Insta are big fans; I didn’t know how popular it would get.
Understandable with being unable to watch it; I went in semi blind and was feasting throughout the movie (regrettably so lol)

Gore aside, The Substance portrays it's commentary really well while delivering what is say a unique story. I can see why it would get this popular! but I agree not to this extent.

I finally got around to watching The Bob's Burger Movie. I wasn't sure what to expect. It was pretty much just a really extended episode, but I really enjoyed it. I kind of figured out what the twist was at the very beginning.

Yesterday night, after hearing about them some time ago and then @Mr.Fox mentioning them, I decided to check out X and Pearl, both of which were directed by Ti West and released in 2022. I wasn't really sure what I thought of X at first; there were some parts I liked and some parts that felt a bit off, but watching Pearl afterward ties things together and enhances X. There are still some things that don't add up even still, but for what they are they're a cool pair of movies. I'll get to the third installment in the series, MaXXXine, at some point but not this month as I already scheduled out the rest of the month's viewing. Maybe next month?

Tonight, in acknowledgement of the super Hunter's Moon, I revisited a pair of werewolf movies: director John Landis's An American Werewolf in London and director Joe Dante's The Howling, both of which were released in 1981.

Smile 2... terrible idea that was the scariest thing I've ever seen except for maybe the first Smile !!

Back