• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's the worst thing you've done in ACNL?

I declare myself horrible at this game. Good thing I learned now. Now I have 4 great villagers (Fuchsia, Vesta, Phoebe, Rudy) and I'm much more careful about kicking out undesirables. My only regret is that I'll never see Julian again, though can you get him back when he passes through the town plaza? I never figured that out...

As I understand it, you'll only see him at the mall area until he's cycled out, which happens once 16 villagers have left your town. Which is also the point when you can get him back (from other players' towns and probably also campsite, if you're lucky enough to get him there).

Probably the worst I've done was decide that the first map they gave me was good enough and now I hate it...
I also didn't really plan where I put my PWPs and I didn't do the reset trick to determine where my villagers houses go. My whole town probably looks like a kindergartener was playing it the whole time...

Didn't do the reset trick for Hampreys house.... WHY DID YOU HAVE TO MOVE INFRONT OF MY BRIDGE?!?!

Timetravelled I guess, it really bugged me and I regretted it afterwards. I prefer to play the game in real time.

I put a pattern on the ground where Avery used to live that reads 'Happy you left' and surrounded it with wilted flowers..

Telling T-Bone it was ok to move when he asked. He's really nice in a rude way. His house was decorated better than any other villagers.

My confessions are...I once trapped Joan for over 8 hours for turnip buying for stalk market profits, I let a whole bunch of hybrids die due to carelessness, I remade a 4th character even after buying half the house upgrades because I wanted to move their house two squares over, and I made mean faces at Isabelle and other villagers because of the frustration they've caused me.

Lol :3

And poor Merengue D: I'm trying to get Skye to move because I'm trading her for a gorgeous set, beans, and Chevre, but no luck. >:U I don't wanna do the ignoring trick, because making a new char leaves a huge grass wear spot, but it looks like I might have too.

Oh, and I tried to flirt with Julian several times. It's actually kind of working, because he always signs his letters "With love, Julian" and has hearts above his head during conversations. XD

Actually, if you put flowers on the bare spot, after a week or two without walking too much on it (I ttd) the bare spot should be gone or greatly diminished.

i trampled my first jacob's ladder like 1 second after noticing and taking a screenshot of it... i was too excited to have a perfect town

I forgot to say goodbye to Wolfgang before he left..
I'm crying right now. I'm gonna miss him..

I really wanted Bella to move out before she actually did so I decided to hit her with the toy hammer. Her reaction was so hilarious I decided to hit everyone in my town that I could.

I'm sorry to my best friends...

Pushing Whitney (my favorite villager in my town at the moment) and accidentally angering her to get a good picture. Omg I felt so bad...and I was trying to do it so she wouldn't do that!

I did this to Muffy once when she still lived in Chanaton :( I swore I'd pushed Nate all around with no repercussions, maybe it was just because the gates were open...

I also stupidly put a bunch of huge paths and gardens all over my town so now I have little space for pwps. Obviously I'll have to rearrange stuff and maaaan I am not looking forward to that.

The actual worst thing I've done was probably push Frita around and bop her with my net a lot because I decided I didn't want two uchi sheep living right next to one another and that I liked Muffy more. Then I saw her plant a flower by my house one day despite all the abuse I'd given her and I felt awful. Also I found out she was rad and made of french fries, so we were buds until she moved.

The first time I caught a coelacanth my pockets were (unknowingly) full so I went to swap it with something else and hit "cancel". I had to watch it swim away... I got another a couple of days later when it rained again though.

Also putting my house too close to the river, I'd love a bridge behind it, but no can do.

I also don't like Isabelle. Am I the only one?!

Last edited:
I also don't like Isabelle. Am I the only one?!

I like her character and the cute that she brings to the table, but I don't like how she seems to have more power over the decisions than you, as the mayor, do. Like, really. You can't go into the town hall on event days and holidays, and you can't make any changes without consulting her.
Makes you wonder: Who's really in charge here?

Back