• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really liked Tina Turner’s music and her death has left me feeling meh about it. I’m not saying she wasn’t a good singer or had a horrible voice but she just wasn’t that amazing to me. I guess that I just prefer female singers that aren’t so raspy and can hit higher notes smoother like Mariah or Aretha. I sort of feel like an alien since so many people loved her work.

Roblox is absolute trash.
Or
Chick fil a fries are better than Mcdonald’s fries, end of discussion. This shouldn’t be a debate. They’re both good but my answer still stands

- The Legend of Zelda franchise is overhyped.

- Valorant, Overwatch, Apex Legends, Fortnite, and a LOT of other online games are actually pretty bad.

- Sour cream and chips is a good snack.

- Reality TV is boring af and animated shows are much better, western or anime (not sure how unpopular/controversial this one is though).

- The expectation to have things accomplished by a certain age is really unfair to a lot of people and unwarranted.

- The Miami Heat, New York Yankees, and New England Patriots are all overrated sports teams.

- Turn-based games are better than open world.

- Mayo is a great condiment.

- Weekdays are better than weekends.

Last edited:
I hate Avatar the Last Airbender and think it’s the worst show ever and doesn’t deserve all the love and attention that it gets.

Actually I have a few
1. I prefer Animal Crossing to Pokémon. I like both but I prefer it
2. The Wii U is far superior to the switch in almost every way besides sales
3. Raymond doesn’t deserve all the love and popular villagers in general are just kind of stupid. You’re supposed to bond with villagers not just like them because everyone else does
4. ACNL 4AM is not creepy. I actually think it’s the best 4am
5. TikTok is trash and I prefer YouTube shorts. The only tiktokers I like are because I found them on YouTube shorts and they also post there
6. Idolizing celebrities is stupid. They don’t know you exist why are you treating them like a god?
7. I prefer Burger King to McDonald’s but they’re both good
8. Minecraft is overrated. It’s still better than Fortnite which is just trash
9. Mayo is good

Last edited:
Shiny Pokémon are kind of stupid. People waste their lives trying to catch Pokémon with different pixels. Actually I probably wouldn’t think this if shiny hunting didn’t exist.

I don't really like castles or see them as dream homes or beautiful, desirable places to go. Most of them just give me a a weird vibe, especially the old ones. I know some are refurbished but as a kid I always imagined them as these cold, dark ruins made of stones, not happy places.

And to add on to that, I don't like a lot of medieval stuff in general. The aesthetic is just not my jam and I think it's overrated. Medieval times (a reenactment center with jousting tournaments) is fun though!

I don’t like non Mario characters being playable in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. This includes Link, Both Villagers, and Both Splatoon Inklings. Link in particular looks out of place since he doesn’t fit in most of the karts, but neither does Bowser, so I guess that’s irrelevant? Either way, why does Link look out of place to me more so than the other characters?

It’s weird seeing him smile in this game when he’s normally serious in his other games. I think the Villagers and Inklings look just as out of place. It’s starting to turn into Smash Kart. People don’t like the Koopalings being in there, but at least they are Super Mario characters.

I see nothing wrong with watching to Halloween movies and/or buying spooky decorations in the summer. 👻💀🎃
Halloween vibes all year babeyyy

idk if this is a controversial opinion or not, but I feel like Super Mario Odyssey was so close to being a really great game. don't get me wrong, I love playing it and there's a lot of aspects that I enjoy about it. but I guess the way that it approaches traveling to different kingdoms that feel like they don't exist in the same universe is kinda weird, and makes the game feel a little disjointed. also, they failed to address the "bottomless pit" problem from Super Mario 64 (aka a game that was released 21 YEARS earlier) for most of the levels, so they feel unnatural to walk around in and it really takes away from the immersion of the game. there's a lot to love, like I really appreciate that the levels are fun to run around in, the soundtrack is pretty good, and there are a lot of fun characters (namely the hat boi Cappy, the Pokios, the Stairface Ogre, and the chompys in the Fossil Kingdom hehe), but it's not really enough for me to consider it among the ranks of my favorite video games of all time.

so despite being a game that I do enjoy playing, there are definitely a few other 3D Mario games I would probably prefer to play, like Galaxy 2, 3D Land/World, and ofc SM64. ugh, what I wouldn't give to see a third Super Mario Galaxy game.

I don't think croutons in salad is good. It's basically hard bread and you can't even use a fork on it. I guess you're supposed to scoop the croutons with your fork? It seems pretty inefficent to me. I usually just break the croutons into smaller pieces before putting them in my salad.

Not really sure if this could be considered an 'unpopular opinion', but I think seafood is really good. I only say this because I don't know anyone in my life (aside from my family members) who like seafood. I can understand why it'd be off-putting or gross to some, but I honestly wish I knew someone who liked it. 😭

I don't think croutons in salad is good. It's basically hard bread and you can't even use a fork on it. I guess you're supposed to scoop the croutons with your fork? It seems pretty inefficent to me. I usually just break the croutons into smaller pieces before putting them in my salad.

Not really sure if this could be considered an 'unpopular opinion', but I think seafood is really good. I only say this because I don't know anyone in my life (aside from my family members) who like seafood. I can understand why it'd be off-putting or gross to some, but I honestly wish I knew someone who liked it. 😭
I like seafood. My family is from Taiwan which has a lot of fish and seafood. I grew up eating it and my grandma cooked whole fish with the head and tail still attached that it doesn’t bother me one bit and I just see the head as part of the meal. The only things I will not eat are fugu which is pufferfish, jellyfish, and raw oysters which is just nasty and seems so unsafe to do. I’d eat it and fresh fish more if I could but my area is far from the ocean or coast and there is a fish market an hour away from me but it’s too far for me to drive as it is deep into the city I think which is a nightmare for someone who has never lived there or goes there that often. And I don’t trust the seafood and fish counter in my local grocery store because I don’t know how fresh everything is and don’t want to take a chance and end up with food poisoning because the fish was too old.

I don’t know what the general consensus is, but zucchini bread is delicious— especially with chocolate chips.
Zucchini is great just overall. Slice them up, throw some bread crumbs on them, and fry them for some fried zucchini. Shred them up all the way and make zucchini cakes (pancake version) And that is really good to. You obviously don't put syrup on them.

Cut them in quarters, add some seasonings, put them on a grill, and melt a little bit of cheese on them to make a zucchini boat. I grow all sorts of vegetables so I'm always experimenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back