• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Star Wars and Lord of the Rings. Star Wars I think I could at least tolerate its popularity and fan base if the franchise wasn’t marketed literally everywhere and constantly shoved in my face. The Lego sets are the worst offenders of this because stores will have an entire aisle literally full of Star Wars Lego sets yet other amazing sets barely get any space on the shelves. Mario and Harry Potter often have to share the same shelf, the Creator sets aimed for adults get a single shelf, and I’ve only seen the Minecraft sets at my local Best Buy store. And then right behind the Lego Star Wars aisle is another aisle full of Star Wars merchandise yet other toy brands that are major sellers and extremely popular with toy collectors barely get half an aisle. LOL Surprise toys only get a third of an aisle at Walmart which doesn’t sound too bad until you see some of the bigger playsets taking up most of that space, Barbie gets half an aisle at best and even then the bigger playsets still take up most of the shelf space, and Pokémon (non TGC) gets maybe six shelves at most.

Speaking of legos, some of the things like the people kinda gross me out because of the small details. I tend to get super grossed out by small manmade details like that. I can’t stand a lot of emoji for the same reason. It’s so weird. I could watch a live surgery while I’m eating but if I see most emoji I’ll be like ewwwww… I guess this would be considered a form of microphobia.

Speaking of legos, some of the things like the people kinda gross me out because of the small details. I tend to get super grossed out by small manmade details like that. I can’t stand a lot of emoji for the same reason. It’s so weird. I could watch a live surgery while I’m eating but if I see most emoji I’ll be like ewwwww… I guess this would be considered a form of microphobia.
I am the same way about Lego! I always found something unsettling about it, but I could never put my finger on what. However, I find the Lego flowers and succulents beautiful.

Gonna drop one more hot take in here:

One thing I dislike about browsing stuff online or the gaming community in general is rumors of a new console or fake leaks of the new console and whenever people believed that the rumor is considered a fact.

Especially those who made up rumors about Nintendo switch pro. And the people that made unrealistic expectations about the switch pro and willing it to the point that people will believe it's real and that it will be made.

(Looking at you, clickbait videos made by gamer channels on YouTube)

I doubt that a switch pro will be made immediately (if, it ever was confirmed) especially when the original one sold like hotcakes.

Just my opinion about the whole 'new console' hype.

I don't like most Chinese food. There's some stuff I like, but the list is pretty small and I'd much rather have any other type of cuisine, like Italian.

I don't like today's music at all, especially if it's rap or pop. Those are some of my least favorite music genres to begin with, but most songs nowadays sound redundant and similar to each other to me.

I'm not a huge fan of dogs. I mean they're not necessarily bad pets, but I don't think I'd be willing to have once 'cause they require too much attention. I much prefer cats because they're a bit more independent and are more calm. (And I'm kinda scared of dogs.)

Nintendo is better than Xbox and PlayStation, but that's just my personal opinion.

Toy Story 3 wasn’t that great. It was a decent movie but tbh I think their last great movie in that streak was Wall-E (I think Up is good but not great, it has a lot of great moments but the plot made the middle of it a little dragged out, I certainly prefer it to TS3 tho). TS3 didn’t do enough with the new ideas it had and the pacing felt rushed with certain stuff, wasted some likeable side characters, Lotso felt like a weaker version of Stinky Pete, the overall atmosphere was too drab and the daycare was a boring environment, the jokes were a lot more hit-or-miss than their older films. It had some good scenes/jokes and the theme of closure was a good idea but I didn’t like the movie much overall, I remember after I saw it in theaters as a kid it just didn’t have the magical feeling their old films gave me (mostly thanks to the weird gritty tone) and I still feel that way.
bonus, not an unpopular opinion but to put my take out the top 3 Pixar films are definitely Incredibles, Ratatouille and Wall-E.

Also HTTYD sequels neither of them are that good, like nothing bad, but 3rd film was too goofy and 2nd while it had some of the best moments of all had really crappy plot/plot threads/pacing. Neither of them are as tight as the 1st movie, they were both disappointing, never agreed with ppl saying 2 was amazing or something. Hell I also think KFP 1 is a little better than 2, but both of those are great (KFP 3 has the same problem as HTTYD 3).

Please don't hate me but I don't find furbies or peepies (which remind me of furbies a bit) cute and I think the peepy youtube commercial is really annoying.

I am going to get a lot of flack for this but for me I do not like The Legend of Zelda in general. I know its beloved by everyone but for me I just could not get into it. I am someone who is not a fan of backtracking and puzzles in general. I tried Breath of the Wild a few years ago but, then I ended up getting lost because the game really doesn't tell you what you're suppose to do. Its really not for me. I can see why people love it but for me I just could never get into it. Also I am not hyped for Tears of the Kingdom. To me just looks like a Breath of the Wild expansion DLC.

I am going to get a lot of flack for this but for me I do not like The Legend of Zelda in general. I know its beloved by everyone but for me I just could not get into it. I am someone who is not a fan of backtracking and puzzles in general. I tried Breath of the Wild a few years ago but, then I ended up getting lost because the game really doesn't tell you what you're suppose to do. Its really not for me. I can see why people love it but for me I just could never get into it. Also I am not hyped for Tears of the Kingdom. To me just looks like a Breath of the Wild expansion DLC.
Yeah, I just cannot get into it as a franchise. My dislike for Link (and the other non-Mario characters) being in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe definitely doesn’t help. Seeing everyone hyped for Tears of the Kingdom and I just don’t get that same amount of excitement.

I genuinely think Easter has the BEST candy, over any other holiday. LIKE CMON! Robin eggs? Cadbury creme eggs??

I genuinely think Easter has the BEST candy, over any other holiday. LIKE CMON! Robin eggs? Cadbury creme eggs??
Easter candy is ver good but nothing beats a peppermint candy cane at Christmas! Or any other flavor if you don’t like mint. You can’t tell me that you don’t eat a few every year and don’t enjoy them.

I love flamigo. I don’t care if it’s “just a flamingo” (which it’s not, its design references a boxing glove). Even if it was, I’m just really happy we finally got a flamingo pokémon. It was second on my wishlist right after a dolphin pokémon!

this may only be controversial in the region im from but i don’t think crab tastes good.

You can be a casual fan of something and not be overly obsessed with it. You don’t need to know 1000% every single detail about the artist to like them. It doesn’t make you “not a real fan.”

It doesn’t make you a better person knowing more things about a band, artist, movie, anime, fandom, etc. Just let people enjoy what they enjoy, and don’t make them feel bad for it.

What even are Glass Animals. I don't understand why that band is so popular or why they're considered "alternative rock". Maybe that's 'cause I can only think of two of their songs I've heard, but I don't care to hear more. Both are mid and repetitive (I like some repetitive songs, but only if they're good). and one is in this weird falsetto. Maybe you have to be stoned to enjoy it idk.

Botw is kind of mixed. It's like NH in a sense. There were a lot of fans of Zelda that didn't like the lack of dungeons or linear plot. I played it and I liked the Zora part of the game, but it felt like they kind of put less effort in after that part of the story. I like Zelda games, but I'm kind of 50/50 whether I'll like Totk because it might just be Botw 2.0 or that they listened to criticism and worked on the weaker parts of Botw.

Billie Ellish’s music is so underwhelming. The only thing I like about it is the production and that’s just her brother’s work. I don’t care for the lyrics or her voice at all. In fact “Wish You Were Gay’s” lyrics really rub me the wrong way.

I don't like harry potter or any books based around schools, I've never been a fan of them for some reason.

Look I know I am going to get flack for this but I am just going to say it. Everytime when you go by the doctor and you weigh yourself they always tell you that "you're fat and you need to lose weight" but can I just ask even if you wear extra clothes and you gain muscle through excercising does that give them a reason to call you out and saying you look fat?

Now before anyone attacks me I am well aware that Doctors are just doing their job and they just want to see you do better but the problem I have is that every single Doctor and Nurse as always told me the same thing. I did change my diet and do excecise but guess what? The weight hasn't gone down. I've been put on medications to help treat high blood pressure and to help my blood sugar, so they do have side effects in which it could cause weight gain.

Even when I try to explain it to them they give me a dimissive look as if I was crazy. The truth is I'm a very tall person 6.3 tall and my weight is like 345.5 pounds. I try very hard to lose weight but nothing is working and then I have to always hear the same lecture advice over and over again. It makes me feel uncomfortable and I just cannot stand it. I know doctors are nurses are trying to help but still its one of those things that just drives me nuts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back