• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm going to wear a flag saying "Please don't wear flags." and parade around town in it. I'll let you know how it goes, but I get beaten up for it I will personally blame all of you.

Hey everyone, let's all take a breath regarding the flags topic. Flags are symbols and the ideas they represent can be political, but not always. They can also mean different things to different people, which is probably the reason this discussion has turned into an argument.

All deserts are awful.

I mean the thing you eat after dinner, not the big places with sand in - I don't mind them, I just don't know how to spell them.

I don’t like Miley Cyrus’ singing voice and “Flowers” is an annoying song. (Sorry. She’s talented, but not for me.)

One fandom isn’t inherently more toxic than another. There are toxic people in EVERY fandom, not just Naruto, Rick and Morty, etc. Even the Dolly Parton fandom. If something or someone is popular enough, and there are enough people liking it, some of those people are going to be toxic. That’s just the reality of existing. I wish people focused more the creativity and fellowship of fandoms, but of course, drama is more interesting.

Don't hate me for this one, but PARENTS ARE BAD AT THEIR JOBS. I am a high school freshman, and on my bus ride home or to therapy (therapy on thursdays), I always, and I mean ALWAYS, see at least ONE elementary schooler with a phone, and hear MULTIPLE swear words thrown around by elementary kids. The job of a parent is to protect children from inappropriate stuff (i.e. social media and swears). Yet, I hear and see so many kids, some as young as KINDERGARTEN, dropping F-bombs and using phones. WHY. The parents don't even reprimand these kids, as they do it DAILY. (the teachers don't stop it either, but they at least try). If you are a parent and you read this, I am not attacking you, I am just speaking my opinion based on my experiences after school.
I don’t think there’s one specific way to parent, but there’s certain parents who don’t seem to care how their children will turn out.

Have you heard Bowling For Soup's version of Flowers? I like it so much more than Cyrus'.
Not yet. I liked their song “1985” so I might like that one too.
Post automatically merged:

Don't hate me for this one, but PARENTS ARE BAD AT THEIR JOBS. I am a high school freshman, and on my bus ride home or to therapy (therapy on thursdays), I always, and I mean ALWAYS, see at least ONE elementary schooler with a phone, and hear MULTIPLE swear words thrown around by elementary kids. The job of a parent is to protect children from inappropriate stuff (i.e. social media and swears). Yet, I hear and see so many kids, some as young as KINDERGARTEN, dropping F-bombs and using phones. WHY. The parents don't even reprimand these kids, as they do it DAILY. (the teachers don't stop it either, but they at least try). If you are a parent and you read this, I am not attacking you, I am just speaking my opinion based on my experiences after school.
Also a new trend I’ve noticed is kids randomly screaming in public. Like…not screaming words or anything, just straight up banshee wailing. From a distance, you can’t tell if they’re hurt or just playing. I’ve noticed this at various different places, even the library, and while there have always been screaming kids, I feel like it’s encouraged more now?? The parents are probably loud people too, but…Idk. It’s kind of weird.

Last edited:
Also a new trend I’ve noticed is kids randomly screaming outside. Like…not screaming words or anything, just straight up banshee wailing. From a distance, you can’t tell if they’re hurt or just playing. I’ve noticed this at various different places, even the library, and while there have always been screaming kids, I feel like it’s encouraged more now?? The parents are probably loud people too, but…Idk. It’s kind of weird.
as someone who's worked in a mall for about 8 years it's definitely exactly the same (save me)

It would be cool if new reactions were here, but I feel like these negative types would just be abused. Sort of like how Reddit's stupid point system is just abused for whatever reason.
Agreed honestly. I get a dislike button or a facepalm button can be useful under some circumstances, but I wouldn’t want my posts to be reacted with them. Maybe I’m just sensitive, but that’s just me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back