• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

What's your biggest 'unpopular/controversial' opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of social media apps, I found out today through a TV ad that there exists a smartphone for kids (gabb) with no internet capabilities and no social media apps. It’s apparently targeted towards middle schoolers who have been bullied through social media apps and is an effort to reduce unseen behavior that could lead to serious consequences.

I mean, it may be a good idea to block access to apps like Facebook, Snapchat and others by parents to prevent bullying behavior, but why would any teen want a smartphone that has no internet capabilities whatsoever? You wouldn’t be able to access things that have little to no social aspects, such as streaming shows and music. Besides, lots of things rely on the internet these days, so purchasing this for a teen who undoubtedly knows many things about the internet wouldn’t be the best idea in my opinion.

Could you imagine how an ordinary teen would react if they found out someone at school saw that their smartphone couldn’t do more than just text and make phone calls? I think it would lead to more bullying cases, because it would make the phone’s owner believe that they’re uncool; being left out of friend groups at school. I think there needs to be more parental control features on the popular phones for parents if they want their child to still have access to smartphones, but restrict them on things they can do.

Last edited:
I really wish people would understand everyone makes mistakes and everyone learns from them. I don't know when the hell was it okay to just hate on someone for dumb things they said or did in the past. It has gotten so much worse throughout the 2010s leading into 2020s. Sure there is a lot of other bad people who done worse who deserve to be locked up, but whenever its like a thing that has happened in the past and it hasn't been resolved it gives everyone the right to dunk on them thinking it is cool and get them attention. There are some people that have done bad things sure but they were able to redeem themselves and improve on their behavior, sure you're still going to have those who keep bring up the past but I don't think those people would understand what "Forgivness" or "Redemption" is. Nobody in this world is perfect and there is always going to be bumpy roads no matter how hard you try to act like your life is pefect.

The Point I am saying is that people do say and do messed up things. The most mature thing to do is to admit your wrong doings and take full responisbillity for your actions and that you are aware of what actions has effect on others. Which is why its important to seek out help and trying to better become a better person. Also as long as you have people who wants to see the good of you and try to encourage you to be better. If you have those that bully and trying to dunk on you for your past mistakes it isn't going to solve it. Its fine to call them out on what they did but just trying to beat them while their down is just immature and irresponsible. Just saying in general since this type of stuff happens mostly on Social Media (looking at you Twitter).

Last edited:
I really really hate F-Zero 99 and how the Switch Online has a mission that must be done to earn coins. Stupid game won’t let me pass the third tutorial stage and it’s been this way since launch! I just want Coins so that I can get more backgrounds and characters for the customized avatars.

I will never understand why people put “no swearing on my profile” as a joke when they don’t actually care? I don’t understand what’s so funny about other people’s personal comfort and preferences if it’s harmless. What if someone said the same thing about yours?

I very much agree with this statement, but I learned that no matter what the situation is or what someone did, it's impossible to change someone else's opinion on you. You can apologize, but that thing is still going to linger in the back of their mind. You can just move on from that bad thing and maybe it'll become less relevant overtime.

I have BPD and that's lead to impulsive behaviors, disassociation, and overreactions, but I just learned it's part of me that I have to deal with. Truthfully I wouldn't be where I am today without this disorder, so I wouldn't change anything if I had the choice. Mistakes just happen and people can redeem themselves, but the thing that's happened still happened. That won't change, and neither will what people thought of you. People can forgive but they don't forget.

Scammers are worse than hackers, robbers, and muggers. While that doesn’t justify the crimes committed by the latter three, at least these guys are being honest. Actions speak louder than words, and there’s no way to cover that up with a lie. But scammers are liars and thieves. Either way, stealing is wrong and against the law.

And when I’m discussing scammers, I’m not talking about video game scammers like what this site frowns upon. I’m talking about people who pretend to be from an organization, but will send you links that collect your data or transmit malware while asking for your personal details.

I actually forget Groundhog Day exists LOL. It doesn't seem to effect anything here in Canada. We get snow and cold no matter what during Feb-April.

We don't have Groundhog Day here. Or groundhogs. That Bill Murray film Groundhog Day seemed to be on tv a lot when I was a kid and I didn't even realise it was real.

I seriously hate groundhogs and Groundhog Day. Stupid ugly oversized rats don’t deserve their own holiday!

Not sure how unpopular this is but I don’t support either side in the Hamas/Palestine and Israel conflict going on right now. I get that the Palestinians are fight for the right to exist but I think that they are doing it the wrong way since they keep killing innocent people who have done nothing wrong. But the Israelis are also wrong for retaliating and killing Palestinians that also did nothing wrong by bombing them.

Basketball kind of sucks. As a sport and watching. No, I’m not just saying that to be a contrarian since most people seem to like it (especially people at my school, it’s the second most popular thing behind TikTok or rap music), I just genuinely never thought it was that good of a sport. It’s not that I don’t like sports either, I think soccer is way better. It’s just that I think that basketball isn’t very fun, and it’s not any more fun to watch. It might have something to do with the fact that the few times I had to play it because of gym I could never get the ball or even try to score, or the fact that I suck at it, but whatever, it’s my opinion, and my opinion is that it’s probably the worst sport.

Last edited:
I honestly don't even think about Groundhogs day. It's one of those holidays that's just there and not that much of a nuisance. I actually dislike most of the main holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, ect in the sense that how Capitalism has changed them into a materialistic holiday.

With my line of work it's these kind of holidays where it's the busiest. So even if I have off for the holiday or a day or two after I'm too exhausted to really enjoy it. People chasing these rat race of holidays and stressing themselves over nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back