What's your favourite Nintendo franchise?

I’ll be boring and it’s definitely animal crossing for me. I grew up on nes and snes I played Mario and Zelda as kid but it doesn’t really click with me as an adult.

I don't think I can pick a favorite between Animal Crossing and Pokémon. It's easier to like the "creatures" in Animal Crossing because they have, like, actual dialogue and real personalities and aren't just pets basically. But Pokémon also engages me more when it comes to games.

Probably... Idk, Mario. Super Mario, Paper Mario, Mario & Luigi, even Mario Golf LMAO they're good. After that it's neck and neck with Animal Crossing and Pokemon.

Zelda was definitely my favorite Nintendo franchise for a long time though I've slowly grown disinterested in it for a handful of reasons. I really like Star Fox but I wouldn't say it's my top favorite, a respectable third for sure. Animal Crossing was definitely always very close to Zelda for me. I had a Pokemon phase for a while though the last Pokemon game I actually finished was X, I think.

Animal Crossing has truly stood the test of time for me personally and I would say it's my favorite Nintendo franchise now. I don't play much Nintendo stuff these days, my Switch is more or less a paperweight where the bulk of my time spent using it was on New Horizons when it came out until I got bored of it. I think the only two games I've sunk a respectable amount of time into on the Switch are ACNH and Smash.

Despite all of my issues with the newer games and the burnout I feel from it at the moment, Pokemon will always be my favorite Nintendo franchise. For 14 years it’s always been my comfort series and replaying one of the games is a great way to relax and try something familiar.

When I was a kid I daydreamed about Pokemon being real and drew up my own despite having zero design skills. The first online community I joined was a now defunct Pokemon forum, my username comes from a Pokemon, and I’ve moderated a Pokemon forum and the discord server related to it for five years. I’m also on an LGBT Pokemon server attached to a different forum and somehow they’re all even bigger Pokemon nerds than I am. I travelled for three hours to get a Pokémon tattoo done by an artist who has tattooed Pokemon company employees and professional players in the past. Now I have a little Cosmog with super vibrant colors on my upper right arm that I get to look at and appreciate every day.

It can seem like I’m cynical towards the series in my other posts, but I do genuinely love the it immensely. Despite their issues I still enjoyed the newer games. I made those criticisms because I know this series is capable of better and I hope in the future they’re able to make games that rival the classics.

My favorite Nintendo franchise has to be Super Mario. I've loved this franchise since I was little and first played Super Mario Bros. on the NES. Some of my favorite games from the franchise are 64/64 DS, Sunshine, Galaxy, Galaxy 2, Odyssey, 3D World + Bowser's Fury, and Wonder!

I can't even tell. I am not really into most Nintendo IPs but I do love Animal crossing, Zelda, Splatoon and Xenoblade chronicles.

As much as I love Paper Mario, I think it'd be inarguable that my favorite Nintendo series of all time is Pokémon! 🎉

When I was younger, I got swept up into the PokéMania era of the late 90s & early 00s and has had me in its iron grip ever since LMAO

Granted, while I feel like I'm starting to fall off a bit with the newer entries I can always go back and replay the older titles so that's where my personal niche is :D

You wouldn't guess but Animal Crossing.
For the second favourite I would say Splatoon. It's not the franchise I hold dear to my heart but I like it enough to have it as a solid second place. Zelda games are great, BoTW and ToTK are simply amazing, but I don't know, I'm just not attached to this series as a whole.

I really love the legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing but they can't top Pokemon, I just dedicated so many hours of my childhood and beyond to the series and I don't think I will ever stop playing even if just playing casually..

Animal crossing first but super close is Super Mario. Mainly the platform games and the Mario Kart serie

Definitely Pokemon. It has meant a lot to me since I was a child. I can't imagine ever not playing Pokemon games!

More recently, I've started really enjoying Zelda games. I've been trying to get through the older games that I never got a chance to play.

Animal Crossing, for sure.

BUUUT as my 2nd favourites, easily Pokemon and Zelda. Pokemon I will always have a sort of consistent enjoyment for, Zelda my interest peaks when I play a new game (obviously haha)

Animal Crossing and Pokémon are my comfort series, pretty much, so they're definitely my favourites.

I also really like the Zelda games I've played! I need to go back to that series more often.

Mario and Splatoon are hands down my favorite franchises. Mario has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Whether it’s navigating through the vibrant Mushroom Kingdom or diving into the intricate puzzles of Mario Galaxy, it’s always an adventure that keeps me coming back.

On the other hand, Splatoon grabbed my attention with its fresh take on multiplayer shooters.The gameplay is fast-paced and thrilling, with a focus on teamwork and strategy that keeps me coming back for more. Plus, the concept of splattering everything with ink is just so much fun!

Back