What's your opinion on emojis/emoticons? Do you use them?

Do you like emojis/emoticons?

• I like the modern emojis 🍎🍊🍋🍐🫐🍇

Votes: 68 68.7%
  • I like the classic emojis :-) ^_^

Votes: 64 64.6%
  • I like Kaomoji (´ε` )♡

Votes: 35 35.4%
  • Does ASCII count?

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I like when other people use emojis/emoticons but I don't use them myself

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I'm neutral on the matter

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • I hate it. Get outta here

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
I like both emojis and emoticons, but certain emojis like 💀 are simply so goated that emojis have to be better. In general, I use emojis more. Kaomojis are fine, but I barely ever use them, and I don’t think I’ve ever used ASCII. Also, I don’t think that you should feel the need to spam emojis every other sentence to make a good post.

Emojis are fine, but when they're used in ads or social media posts, I can't take the content being shown seriously. There's a reason why The Emoji Movie was hated from the day it was announced. You can't put an overabundance of emojis in media and expect the public to react positively. If they weren't used as often, then I'd be fine with their presence.

if i’m understanding correctly ascii is the automatic emoji thing? i don’t like that at all and always turn it off if it’s an option. i only use the modern emojis and the text based ones (rarely i will use kaomoji but for the same reason i would use modern emojis). i use the text emojis and i only use the modern ones ironically/to make a joke outside of discord reactions. seeing emoticons used doesn’t bother me; i read them as i do the rest of the conversation.

I enjoy emojis and using them in my conversations with my friends and family. It adds some silliness or makes things a little interesting. It makes the convos more engaging, and not like I'm talking to a robot.

Back