• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

When do you expect for Nintendo to announce Animal Crossing: New Leaf's release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will be preordering it when my taxes come back (again), whether it has a date or not, simply because otherwise I do not know if I will have the money to purchase it otherwise. I am doing it again this year because I am reasonably sure that it will be coming out.

I am of the opinion that it will be released late April. With LM coming out at the end of March, Nintendo is going to place it so that both will get sufficient sales. If they put it any closer than the last two weeks of April, it is not giving LM enough market time. This opinion depresses me a bit because I was really hoping for it before I went to Michigan at the beginning of April, but the marketing student in me must look at the marketing practices reasonably.

@Babydaisy!!! Yeah, I have some hope, but there is that striking thought in the back of my head that something just doesn't add up... I am not a fan of waiting, I had to wait from septemberish when ACCF was released, all the way to Christmas, and for my 5th gen ipod (upgrade from 2nd gen, REALLY worth it) I had to wait from 9/14/12 when i preordered all the way to like October 20 something... The wait for those was absolutely horrendous, and I can name many other terrible waits. I guess this will just add to my list of terrible waits. But again, on that note, may is a bit late for nintendos "Early 2013", so I am pretty much set for April. Sorry for my long posts, I have a bad habit of adding too much backup details that arent really necessary...

Last edited:
@Risingsun I agree, they still have the February E3 conference. Someone else said it will be out in April if it is announced in February, which I really do think the release date will be unveiled this month. Further supporting my idea that Nintendos "Early 2013" release date for ACNL in US they announced, will be indeed, in April.

Last edited:
There is the fact that the announcement and release date have been within three or so weeks of each other. Not a lot of advertising time. If they are trying to drive console sales then I hope they release the AC:XL in NA. I already have the money from friends as a birthday gift.:D

There is the fact that the announcement and release date have been within three or so weeks of each other. Not a lot of advertising time. If they are trying to drive console sales then I hope they release the AC:XL in NA. I already have the money from friends as a birthday gift.:D
I actually don't care if they release the animal crossing 3DS XL here because I honestly don't like the way it looks and I will probably be getting a normal 3DS. (My opinion really doesn't matter tho, just throwing it out there.) I also came across good news! Someone at school said they would give me their 3DS for free because they never use it. I am still yet to find if they are legit about it and if it is in working order. :)

Cool, good for you! I'm giving my 3DS to my friend's little sister. She's a huge Animal Crossing fan, so she is going to download it after I give her my 3DS. She loses her game cartridges all the time, so she is happy to be able to download it.

I wonder why it still hasn't come out here. .n. I lost my intrest already.. The longer they wait to release this the more people they lose from buying this game.. :l I don't care anymore.

I'm angry and am tired of waiting for it, but there is nothing that could happen to make me say that I've lost interest and don't care and won't be buying it. Even if it doesn't come out for another year. I'll still get it. Has to be soon now though. Flipping Nintendo, stingy b-tards.

I still plan on getting it...because I can't carry my wii around and play CF when I need a break from my depression states. The anxiety for this game has actually made me lose interest in CF.

I still plan on getting it...because I can't carry my wii around and play CF when I need a break from my depression states. The anxiety for this game has actually made me lose interest in CF.

I'm so close to just giving up hope for AC:NL. If we don't get a release date, or at least a snippit of news, by the end of the month, I may quit my hopes for the game.

I really, really don't think they're sitting on a finished game. I know the marketing argument... but to me that strategy doesn't make sense. It's already been two years of waiting, I wouldn't hold it any longer than I had to if it was me. I think the finishing touches are still being put on, personally.

@X_The_Lancer_X, I can understand your anxiety, but you can always hope, I guess.:) I'm kinda hopping for it to be late april, because school ends a month later.;)
plus I'm using my time to plan for my village, so I can make it perfect and not have to restart it later.

I really, really don't think they're sitting on a finished game. I know the marketing argument... but to me that strategy doesn't make sense. It's already been two years of waiting, I wouldn't hold it any longer than I had to if it was me. I think the finishing touches are still being put on, personally.

When you release a game, you plan ahead months in advance to when you want it released. They've most likely worked around some sort of path that lets the games getting released in the next few months all work together. So none of the games will steal each other's spotlight.

So say if the game is coming out in May. Nintendo set that date sometime last year. They have to give distributors and shipping and all sorts of different people a definite date for them to plan the whole thing. The game is finished, otherwise they could risk potential problems and have to delay the game for another however long.

Right now, I'm doing my homework and I just imagined myself playing this game.
I must be bored or something.
I can barely do my homework at all for the same reason. Then I go and try to get info on the release date and find nothing new. The anticipation for this game is killing me :(

I can barely do my homework at all for the same reason. Then I go and try to get info on the release date and find nothing new. The anticipation for this game is killing me :(

Waiting is definitely making me less productive lol. I keep checking the forum for new information and find only speculation :( I go from positive thinking "It'll come out when it comes out! :) " to depressive "It's never coming ouuuuut WAHHH :(" To angry "FRICKEN NINTENDO BETTER RELEASE IT OR ELSE ILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN. :mad: "

I sway from emotion to emotion rather quickly as well. I think I may have D.I.D. lol.

Waiting is definitely making me less productive lol. I keep checking the forum for new information and find only speculation :( I go from positive thinking "It'll come out when it comes out! :) " to depressive "It's never coming ouuuuut WAHHH :(" To angry "FRICKEN NINTENDO BETTER RELEASE IT OR ELSE ILL NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN. :mad: "

I sway from emotion to emotion rather quickly as well. I think I may have D.I.D. lol.

Ditto lol. NINTENDO GIVE ME MY AC! "Ha No."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back