• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

When do you expect for Nintendo to announce Animal Crossing: New Leaf's release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I would lose my sanity if it came out that late.

You MAY have to lose your sanity lol. Along with a ton of others. By the time the game comes out we will all probably be insane. I think some of us are there already ^_~

That's what I am hoping for, something this month, hopefully a release in march or April. I hope they don't push back their "Early 2013" to Mid 2013. That would really suck, there's no way I could wait till May or June.

If the game is still in the localization process then that mid 2013 date could be a unfortunate reality :(

Agreed. I would lose my sanity if it came out that late.

It would be stupid if they released it that late because they would lose half their sales. People would loose faith, and get interested in something else, or refuse to get it because of their anger at Nintendo. At the latest it should be April because if it is any later people are going to lose interest. They might be waiting for a good time to release it, and for things to plateau in Japan, and use the sales as a marketing bump. "Best-Seller in Japan!" ect. They also are having stock issues apparently with the game so they are probably waiting to recover from the shortage. I believe they have the game already done, if not, close to done for English translations. Just waiting for the optimal release date. (Which I hope they think April at the latest is good for them! Most people want it NOW!!!!!!)

I don't think it is localization anymore. More likely it is in production and we will be given a release date soon....i hope
That's what I was trying to get at and what I have been thinking lately. I have had a feeling that they will announce their next direct sometime in the next couple weeks and announce the date for NA and possibly EU in that Nintendo direct. Hopefully I'm right but there is always a great possibility of those sorts of "gut feelings" being wrong. Idk, I just hope it's announced this month. It would make sense, a month or two for hype, then the release. Hopefully that is how it goes, which would give NA a March-April release which would be the most sensible.

Last edited:
I'm hoping for this month but not expecting anything.

I have stopped watching gameplay videos (gotta leave something to the imagination)

I have gone through my phases of denial and anger and now I am at the acceptance phase ^_^

I love watching the bitblock not only do I have a HUGE crush on Josh OMG <3 hehe but it is spoiling it for me now

I love watching the bitblock not only do I have a HUGE crush on Josh OMG <3 hehe but it is spoiling it for me now

I love mayor Joshy :) He's fun to watch! Same with LinandKo. I watched them obsessively but recently stopped. Just don't want to know anymore without seeing it for myself.

I love mayor Joshy :) He's fun to watch! Same with LinandKo. I watched them obsessively but recently stopped. Just don't want to know anymore without seeing it for myself.

I swear I'm just gonna live in his town in my dreams^.^ hehe and I do like them too! But it's just ruining things now :-/

I used to watch LinandKo obsessively, but they usually cover special events and such, instead of just a video journal that covers what's happened over a week, like how Josh does. And I don't want to spoil everything for myself, so now I only watch Mayor Joshy. c:

I used to watch LinandKo obsessively, but they usually cover special events and such, instead of just a video journal that covers what's happened over a week, like how Josh does. And I don't want to spoil everything for myself, so now I only watch Mayor Joshy. c:

The videos stimulate my excitement for this game, and it also makes me more excited at the same time because it brings up thoughts like "What am I going to do with MY town" and such. I have watched all of linandkos vids and am now working on mayor Joshys vids. He is REALLY funny sometimes LOLOLOL

I just watch them from time to time if I want to see something unusual I've heard about, but YES, I agree! They're both so darn adorable! :D I love their videos! lol They have great voices!

Agreed! I love his commentary :D

Kohei is quite hilarious too with his "oooos and ahhhhs" ^.^

Lindsey is just adorable.

I agree, Lindsey and Kohei are wonderful commentators. They're so cute!
And Josh's humor is amazing. <3

Speaking of, time to go watch Mayor Joshy's latest video! :)

I just have so much love for Josh <3 my boyfriend would kill me for saying this!

I agree hehe I have the biggest crush on Josh too, he is definitely more entertaining but I love that Lin and Ko provide us with all of this information and translations for us, it's really helpful. Also Kohei is hilarious sometimes too.

Agreed! I love his commentary :D

Kohei is quite hilarious too with his "oooos and ahhhhs" ^.^

yeah, I am pretty sure that is because since he was raised in Japan (Lindsey I believe was born in NY in US) he doesn't speak English very well, so he most of the time says Ohhhhh and Ahhhhh or Yeah ect. I think it is that he understands English better than he can speak it. But I give them both credit for learning such a new language and bringing such amazing videos to us. Have you seen any of their personal videos where they feature their life in Japan and what they do there, including some cultural things too? It is really interesting to see how it is there in Japan :) I finished their little series (The longest vid is 7 or so minutes) at episode 19. Hoping for their next video to come out. I recommend those vids its really interesting.

yeah, I am pretty sure that is because since he was raised in Japan (Lindsey I believe was born in NY in US) he doesn't speak English very well, so he most of the time says Ohhhhh and Ahhhhh or Yeah ect. I think it is that he understands English better than he can speak it. But I give them both credit for learning such a new language and bringing such amazing videos to us. Have you seen any of their personal videos where they feature their life in Japan and what they do there, including some cultural things too? It is really interesting to see how it is there in Japan :) I finished their little series (The longest vid is 7 or so minutes) at episode 19. Hoping for their next video to come out. I recommend those vids its really interesting.

I love their vlog videos :) Japan seems like an amazing place to live!

I think Kohei can speak English alright, but according to Lindsey, she usually prepares notes and things about what she's going to talk about, but Ko usually wings it, that's probably why his commentary isn't as extensive as Lin's :p

I love their vlog videos :) Japan seems like an amazing place to live!
linandko's videos have made me really interested in Japanese culture, I think it would be cool to know Japanese language, but I really don't know how to go about learning it, and it just seems so complicated that it overwhelms me and I don't want to see the characters anymore lol. But I think it would be cool to take a trip to Japan sometime. I really don't plan to but just saying, it would be cool.

This thread has been really active today, since 6:49 (EST) the posts have been less than 7 minutes apart! It was like that right after school too. there seems to be a spike of posts right after people start getting home after school or whatever their situation might be.

--Edit-- Guess I jinxed it lol

I ran out of a series for new leaf to watch... Awww.... hopefully mayor joshy releases a new update soon, its been a week

Last edited:
I love Mayor Joshy's videos. Whenever I lose hope for the game I always go to those videos to perk me up again. I'll watch and rewatch them all just to get my hype back.
I didn't really get into Lin and Ko's LP, though. Didn't seem all that humourous to me despite the detailed information. I can understand the lack of Ko's talking as well, but at the same time I'm not really into the co-op LPs to begin with...
I gave up on that one at that point and will only continue to watch Mayor Joshy instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back