• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

When do you expect for Nintendo to announce Animal Crossing: New Leaf's release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually don't know how much of a difference there will be between NA and EU because Nintendo said "Early 2013" for NA, and EU has April-June. The earliest the game will come out by now in NA I think is sometime in April, (giving a safe 1-2 months for the release which is still a bit of a short-notice) and the game can come out in EU in April too. So there might not be a big gap of release from NA to EU (Unless it comes out in April in NA and June for EU for example). Really hoping the EU people don't have to wait 2 months more than NA because it would be really hard to wait THAT much longer and I would feel really bad. :( Rooting for a release date in the same month for NA and EU, especially if it is going to be within the next month :) (I have no idea how much longer I can go before I run out of videos to watch on youtube which stimulates my extremely bad outbursts about wanting the game to come out)

I actually don't know how much of a difference there will be between NA and EU because Nintendo said "Early 2013" for NA, and EU has April-June. The earliest the game will come out by now in NA I think is sometime in April, (giving a safe 1-2 months for the release which is still a bit of a short-notice) and the game can come out in EU in April too. So there might not be a big gap of release from NA to EU (Unless it comes out in April in NA and June for EU for example). Really hoping the EU people don't have to wait 2 months more than NA because it would be really hard to wait THAT much longer and I would feel really bad. :( Rooting for a release date in the same month for NA and EU, especially if it is going to be within the next month :) (I have no idea how much longer I can go before I run out of videos to watch on youtube which stimulates my extremely bad outbursts about wanting the game to come out)

The thing is EU has alot of translating to do. But I really do hope they come the same month maybe a few days apart but still.

I was thinking about picking up a copy of Wild World to tide me over until New leafs releases. Is this a good idea? for some odd reason over the past few days I have suddenly grown really impatient, its weird:confused:

I was thinking about picking up a copy of Wild World to tide me over until New leafs releases. Is this a good idea? for some odd reason over the past few days I have suddenly grown really impatient, its weird:confused:

Well, I tried to do that but I failed because New Leaf is different in a good way so we will have to wait FOREVER!!!

I started playing Wild World again, and it has definitely taken the edge off of waiting for New Leaf to come out. However I've already reached the point where I'm only starting up the game to do the simple chores, then shutting it down again. It hasn't been able to hold my attention for too long when I know theres a better game on its way, but you might have better luck! :)
If you have the spare cash, I say buy it.

I was playing wild world for the last few weeks, trying to collect all the items and furniture. Then the other day when I went to visit K.K. slider after finding a bunch of stuff, the game froze and now I'm too scared to turn it back on.

I started playing Wild World again, and it has definitely taken the edge off of waiting for New Leaf to come out. However I've already reached the point where I'm only starting up the game to do the simple chores, then shutting it down again. It hasn't been able to hold my attention for too long when I know theres a better game on its way, but you might have better luck! :)

This is exactly me. I borrowed my friend's Wild World game because she wanted me to clean up her town, so it was a win win situation because it could make the wait for New Leaf a little better. While I was into it at first, all I really do now is check stores, dig up fossils, check the money rock, water and plant some flowers and then I turn it off. I would wait for New Leaf since It's coming in a few months and when it does you will forget that your Wild World game even existed.

I've been playing WW for past week or so. Mainly because it was my favorite portable AC and GC AC was my favorite.

Last edited:

That's what i'm afraid of. I don't want to pay $20 for wild world and get bored with it a day or two later.

I found there's not much to do in WW. Limited holidays, fishing's a bit tricky to do, not many fossils to dig up, haven't seen that many bugs around and Nook's store can't upgrade to its fullest without another person over wifi visiting and buying something. Also designing something is time consuming with the smaller screen (even with the 3DS XL).
I've already finished my first year of WW and already somewhat bored. Trying to ease the waiting time for NL by playing ACCF, but even that's a bit boring now since I finished my first year of that, too.
It got to a point where I ended up starting up a new town in the GC version, but then got lost in that town. I'm no longer used to the frame skips after walking through acres. Especially since I played WW and CF around 5 years after I quit that version... Was (and still is) hard to backtrack on a favourite game when that happens. :p

Dear all...
Please stop arguing about whether America or Europe will get it first... Because I'm sure Australia will get it last. :)

wouldnt au get it before eu as they get games on a thursday and eu a friday? idk im still sure we're getting it last

Yeah Australia usually still gets it before Europe lately, only a day, or the same day, but still :)

Nintendo has to announce SOMETHING before March. Otherwise who knows when the game is coming out. They say "Early 2013" but really if it ends up coming out in May then that is basically June which is halfway through the year. I really feel like they are going to release some info this month. If they don't then I'm going to basically collapse onto the floor crying with my empty 3DS

Man it's taken so long for this game to come out that I've gone from heavy buzz to barely paying attention and now the buzz is coming back! AGAIN! Nintendo! You've had it out for so long I've started on my like... third crest of 'omg animal crossing!' in my waves of fandom. That's not a healthy thing to do to me, Nintendo. @_@

I'm hoping they announce it really soon. It's bad enough that by the time it's released I'm probably going to finally have my first job and wont get to play as much. Having to wait on it is starting to affect my brain.

Ha, I know what you mean. I was excited back in 2010 and then I forgot all about it until what, august 2011. Then I forgot about it almost completely until last December when I was SURE that it was released already. When I discovered that it wasn't even out I was like "lol no, this can't be real life"

And when I found out that it did not have even a release date I just collapsed. My brain basically gave me an error screen and I was on the floor, mouth agape. I guess you could say I'm a little dramatic, but this is Animal Crossing we're talking about. This game will replace food when it's released

I'm hoping for this month but not expecting anything.

I have stopped watching gameplay videos (gotta leave something to the imagination)

I have gone through my phases of denial and anger and now I am at the acceptance phase ^_^

Nintendo has to announce SOMETHING before March. Otherwise who knows when the game is coming out. They say "Early 2013" but really if it ends up coming out in May then that is basically June which is halfway through the year. I really feel like they are going to release some info this month. If they don't then I'm going to basically collapse onto the floor crying with my empty 3DS
That's what I am hoping for, something this month, hopefully a release in march or April. I hope they don't push back their "Early 2013" to Mid 2013. That would really suck, there's no way I could wait till May or June.

That's what I am hoping for, something this month, hopefully a release in march or April. I hope they don't push back their "Early 2013" to Mid 2013. That would really suck, there's no way I could wait till May or June.

Agreed. I would lose my sanity if it came out that late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back