• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

When do you expect for Nintendo to announce Animal Crossing: New Leaf's release date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer is rainier than spring, at least to my memory. Furthermore, Nintendo historically hasn't released the game when the weather is "neutral" (at least not in the US) - ACGC and ACCF were each released in the fall and ACWW in the winter.

Golly, I sound kind of harsh - probably because I'm terrified at the mere mention of a summer release. Sorry!
I was just estimating. I don't mind a difference in opinion!
But you're right. I don't think any of the pokemon games with seasons released with summer. hmm...

I'm so disappointed in Nintendo, because I was hoping that this game would be released in April. Nobody promised anything, but it would've been nice to play this game on my way to my new apartment, which is going to be about 200km from my friends and family- It seemed reasonable because the game was promised to be released in Q2 and April is Q2, isn't it? Now I'm hoping for May, because I'd like to have that game before I graduate on the first day of June.

A few weeks ago I was still very eager to get the release date and the game itself, now I'm just feeling depressed because Nintendo has left us AC fans completely in the dark. Bunch of other games' release dates were announced and no mention about NL. I think my head is going to explode soon. Why, oh why, Nintendo?

I'm so disappointed in Nintendo, because I was hoping that this game would be released in April.

Nobody said it won't be out in April? Some people expecting the game will come out eariler or late. But now I'm expecting for Nintendo to release the game on Early Q2 which is Early April & I'm okay with that as soon as it's not May or June. KEEP PRAYING FOR THIS GAME TO COME OUT IN US, EU & AUS

Nobody said it won't be out in April? Some people expecting the game will come out eariler or late. But now I'm expecting for Nintendo to release the game on Early Q2 which is Early April & I'm okay with that as soon as it's not May or June. KEEP PRAYING FOR THIS GAME TO COME OUT IN US, EU & AUS
Here are also a few April releases, so I assumed that NL is not coming in April. I don't know about US and AUS but that's what it seems in EU release schedule.

I don't see why Nintendo won't sell it in other places seeing how well it did in Japan. And I'm think late April early may?

I have definitely done my research!! There will be tonnnnnnns of new things in New Leaf! Like R. Parkers, and diving and swimming, and much more! Don't worry, America will get the game. I'm estimating around March or April. Europe should probably get their game in May or June. See, Korea gets theirs in February. That is one language, much like English is. So the English probably won't take long. On the other hand, Europe has many different countries who will get the game too, but they speak a lot of different languages..

I have definitely done my research!! There will be tonnnnnnns of new things in New Leaf! Like R. Parkers, and diving and swimming, and much more! Don't worry, America will get the game. I'm estimating around March or April. Europe should probably get their game in May or June. See, Korea gets theirs in February. That is one language, much like English is. So the English probably won't take long. On the other hand, Europe has many different countries who will get the game too, but they speak a lot of different languages..

I totally agree with you

The sooner the UK leaves Europe the better - maybe we'll get our own regional games and get releases the same time as the USA ;D

The sooner the UK leaves Europe the better - maybe we'll get our own regional games and get releases the same time as the USA ;D

Not same day, but I could see same week being totally plausible. That's what I'm hoping for at least.

And I'm just going with a May release because I don't want to get my hopes up for April, even though there's no reason not to. I just like being cautious at this point.

The UK will probably drop out of Europe before Animal Crossing comes out anyway.
(Bad joke, I know but it's taking so long!)

See, Korea gets theirs in February. That is one language, much like English is. So the English probably won't take long. On the other hand, Europe has many different countries who will get the game too, but they speak a lot of different languages..

Actually, in North America they also have to translate the games in French and Spanish for Canada and Mexico, so it's definitely a valid reason of why it's been taking so long and why Korea probably got theirs first.

In Europe we all get the game in 1 language, English hah.
Edit: But I believe Germany does get it's own language...that has always been that way, I don't know why, but I believe in the other countries it's just English.

Actually, in North America they also have to translate the games in French and Spanish for Canada and Mexico, so it's definitely a valid reason of why it's been taking so long and why Korea probably got theirs first.

Which, y'know, doesn't hold up considering how Korea is always last until now.

Which, y'know, doesn't hold up considering how Korea is always last until now.

They didn't decide on selling the Animal Crossing franchise in Korea until 2010, which is why they got it so late. Korea didn't get City Folk early on and they don't have Wild World or the original GC version because AC was never intended to be sold there in the first place until recently.

In Europe we all get the game in 1 language, English hah.
Edit: But I believe Germany does get it's own language...that has always been that way, I don't know why, but I believe in the other countries it's just English.

Europe doesn't just have English and German.

City folk in French and Italian, respectively.

Edit: woops, accidental double post. sorry!

Kudos to Julie for actually doing research and bringing some facts to the table.

But you guys are looking at things completely wrong. The dates and releases aren't based on language. They're predetermined to best support the sales for the game. Nintendo already knows when they want the game released, and it's more than likely that they've gotten the games manufactured and ready to ship at this point.

As I've said multiple times, we're just waiting for them to lift the curtain.

Kudos to Julie for actually doing research and bringing some facts to the table.

But you guys are looking at things completely wrong. The dates and releases aren't based on language. They're predetermined to best support the sales for the game. Nintendo already knows when they want the game released, and it's more than likely that they've gotten the games manufactured and ready to ship at this point.

At this point. I totally agree with you. Nintendo is waiting for the right time to release such a game.

And May is the perfect time to do so, which is why that's my guess. No first or second party games, and selling it before or during summer could improve the sales, albeit slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back