• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Who is the best (and worst) Sanrio villager and why?

Who is the best Sanrio villager?

• Total voters
I think Rilla is the worst. She’s kind of hideous. Maybe if they would have kept her like that minus the yellow hair, it would have been nicer. Hello kitty doesn’t even have hair. Plus the eyes are kind of weird.

I don’t particularly like the other Sanrio either but if I had to pick a favorite it’s Chai. Her design is the cutest to me.

I'm actually not really a fan of any of them, but if I had to choose one I'd go with Etoile because I like her items the best. My sister loves all of them but I think she likes Chelsea the most!

My favourite is Toby which is kinda ironic cause I hated on him when he first got released lmao. It's cause he was another yellow bunny like Gaston & Mira and I had wished he was more green toned. He grew on me though. As for the worst character, it's hard to say. I always thought Chelsea's face looked kinda off when I played Pocket Camp but she's still cute. I think we were pretty lucky and all 6 villagers turned out decent.

Best for me is Etoile. Love Little Twin Stars. Love pink and purple together and she just looks so adorable. Typical? Sure, but it's okay to have conventional tastes. Chai is a close second because I find her design cute, though she's pretty reminiscent of Tia.

Worst? Rilla. I think the AC mesh for gorillas isn't very cute. I get that making Hello Kitty's representative a cat would be too on the nose, but I would've preferred a hamster or a bunny instead. Rilla just looks awkward and the primary + white color palette doesn't look all that great on her. Not to mention those big 'ol Sambo lips they seem so keen on giving every third gorilla in AC.

Marty is my favourite! He's adorable, I'm definitely getting him when they're released in NH :'0

I’m sorry if anything I said hurt your feelings. If you like Rilla, I think that’s great! I’m sure she’s super sweet. She’s just not for me.

Thanks for your positive response, but that wasn't directed at anyone person. I'm just surprised at how many people seem to dislike her, especially when Toby is an option?!

Thanks for your positive response, but that wasn't directed at anyone person. I'm just surprised at how many people seem to dislike her, especially when Toby is an option?!
True! I honestly feel like it would have been better if they made the villagers the same species as the actual characters. A frog toby would have been much cuter, in my opinion.

Etoile and Chai are adorable <3 The Kiki and Lala and Cinnamorol sets are my favorites too so that adds onto it.

Least favorite is Rilla. I love Hello Kitty but this game did not do her justice lol

Marty and Chelsea were and still are my favorites, Étoile is also a cutie. Least favorites are Toby and Rilla, their designs are not the worst, but not that appealing to me tbh (although Rilla looks a little bit better in NH than in NL imo).

I really like Chelsea and Étoile! I love their colours and accessories *-* I understand why some people might be put off by Chelsea - although I love the combo light green + pink, I'm not sure giving her green weird hair was for the best.

Here for Etoile, considering making room for her on Inverness somehow when the time comes 🥺

My least favorite is Rilla, the species just seems like such an odd choice to me.
This is completely unrelated but I had to tell you I love that your island is called Inverness! :love:

Best: Marty. He's super cute and doesn't look -too- out of place (I don't want Hello Kitty characters on my island, I just want cute villager). I'd definitely have him on my island! Etoile is rather cute, too, but I like that Marty feels a bit more neutral. I'll likely be buying him off someone eventually- unless I can get ahold of the cards myself, that'd be nice.

Worst: Rilla. I mean, she's not that bad as far as gorillas go. But... who looks at Hello Kitty, an adorable white cat, and was like "You know what? She needs to be represented by a Gorilla." Like... how? Why? What? I have so many questions for who made that decision. At the same time, I want the Hello Kitty items more then any of the others- I mean, my character's name is cat. I need that cute cat clothing and furniture. I... ohmygosh I could do a cat themed main room with cat poles and litterboxes and Hello Kitty furniture 😲
...RELEASE THIS UPDATE SOONER, NINTENDO

my favorite is definitely Étoile! I find sheep villagers absolutely adorable and I am also very fond of little twin stars! I was a little sad when Étoile didn’t win the counting sheep poll during the 2020 fair (I love vesta so much as well but I think I would have much preferred a Étoile collectible!).

Rilla is definitely my least favorite of the bunch. I like hello kitty but I am not a fan of the gorilla villagers at all. I wish they would have picked a better species to represent her. I do like the hello kitty furniture set though.

I never cared for the sheep ever but Étoile hits different. She's truly a precious bean plus her set is the whole pastel space theme I like so I'm rather biased since you know..I'm Milky Star space Goddess of AC. I will say I love Toby for his froggy Japanese aesthetic but again this little this fluffy bean will always have a place in my heart. I hope I get to move her in for Tia. I really want her so badly !!

1614671850722.png

My favourite are Chelsea and Marty. I love Chelsea’s design and it’s amazing that she shares my name 😂 and I think Marty is just adorable. I don’t know any of the Sanrio characters so this is just coming from what I’ve seen of the animal crossing characters

Back