• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

WiiJoshFolder: Gone for Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good god look at the butthurt in this thread.

I'm with Jake and the others, I agree that his videos were really well done visually, but his attitude for blocking out his audience and his overall immaturity in his videos ruins it.

Oh right. I wanted to comment on this,

Butthurt seems to be exactly the mood here.

I see no problem with josh blocking people that go onto other unrelated videos to demand more ac: new leaf content. And I'm also starting to think that everyones just forgetting that wiifolderjosh is first and foremost a channel for game reviews and game coverage rather than let's plays.

I don't think that the festivale video will be his last journal and he's stated himself that he needed a break to focus on bringing new and old content back to the bit block. Just give him some time. Personally I miss hiss fold series so I'm hoping that in this hiatus he can get the series back up and running.

And I seriously doubt that josh is the first person in the animal crossing fandom to get snarky at another person for giving false information (I'm talking about the false release date comment). He's only human and is by no means a bad person or a bad youtuber. Just my opinion on the matter.

And yeah, I'm pretty butthurt.. Love Josh's videos :p

Last edited:
I don't think butthurt is the right term for what's going on here.
Try a huge dose of withdrawal!

I wouldn't really look to Joshy's videos for information, or any non-Japanese speaker's videos for that matter. They can provide a glimpse, yes, but they'll never be as accurate as someone who can actually read what they're doing.

I like Joshy for entertainment value. That's it. To me he's like an average person's reaction to a game, not some source of information. His is like watching a sort of first look review while LinandKo are more like an actual "guide" (in quotes only because their play style isn't 100% informative and they show themselves actually enjoying it instead of spending all their time translating/giving information).

And I imagine the constant pestering and for all we could know, the constant harassment, he just doesn't feel as into the game. Even Lin sounds a little strained with her patience at times. A lot of her recent videos urge people to watch the full video before asking questions. Getting the same questions over and over and over and over again, after you answer them constantly, can get old very fast. Lin just so happens to be very nice and polite about it, but at the same time I don't think that means she should have to deal with it in the first place.

A lot of people are entitled and rude, especially on Youtube.

I wouldn't really look to Joshy's videos for information, or any non-Japanese speaker's videos for that matter. They can provide a glimpse, yes, but they'll never be as accurate as someone who can actually read what they're doing.

I like Joshy for entertainment value. That's it. To me he's like an average person's reaction to a game, not some source of information. His is like watching a sort of first look review while LinandKo are more like an actual "guide" (in quotes only because their play style isn't 100% informative and they show themselves actually enjoying it instead of spending all their time translating/giving information).

And I imagine the constant pestering and for all we could know, the constant harassment, he just doesn't feel as into the game. Even Lin sounds a little strained with her patience at times. A lot of her recent videos urge people to watch the full video before asking questions. Getting the same questions over and over and over and over again, after you answer them constantly, can get old very fast. Lin just so happens to be very nice and polite about it, but at the same time I don't think that means she should have to deal with it in the first place.

A lot of people are entitled and rude, especially on Youtube.

Most people don't ask her the questions rudely. They're just too ******** to check previous videos or google the simple questions.

Most people don't ask her the questions rudely. They're just too ******** to check previous videos or google the simple questions.

It's not how they ask that is rude, it is the fact they expect her to cater to their needs.

Rude or not, constantly being asked the same questions is going wear a person down and annoy them. I think people should already know to wait through the entire video before asking questions in the first place. |: Then again I assumed that was common sense, but apparently it's not.

By the time I started watching her videos it was January, but I started watching from the beginning and have watched all of them so far, it kinda bugs me as well, plus I feel bad, when I see a question on there that was answered in the previous video.

Good god look at the butthurt in this thread.

Forgive me, but I don't see much 'butthurt'. I think this thread has gotten out of hand, it's fine to dislike someone, but I dunno... I think the bashing has gone a little far. Just my opinion though.

Forgive me, but I don't see much 'butthurt'. I think this thread has gotten out of hand, it's fine to dislike someone, but I dunno... I think the bashing has gone a little far. Just my opinion though.

It's not all bashing. I think a good bit of us enjoy his videos and perspective!

He's nice and all, but he's a bit too happy........it's creepy....very creepy...

Either way, I do enjoy his dream journals

I was aiming towards the people fighting over it.

Though I agree. Outright bashing shouldn't be how you express your view on it.

He's nice and all, but he's a bit too happy........it's creepy....very creepy...

Either way, I do enjoy his dream journals

But that's what makes him Joshy! it makes me happy to see that someone his age can still enjoy video games the way he does (not saying hes old or anyfin.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back