• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will AC: 3DS beat AC: CF?

Yes, but I doubt it will kill off AC:CF being used for Youtube videos, though I could be wrong. Someone should seriously make a game recorder for the 3DS (something with a microSD card that you plug into your 3DS and put the game into it. Sort of like Action Replay). Things like Animal Crossing City Folk Bloopers will still remain, but the main thing most ACers use for playing will probably be AC3DS.

Of course it will. CF was has been the most unappealing game in the series so far.
Just a few things we already know will be in AC3DS beat everything that CF offered, which was close to nothing.

This exactly.

I bought CF but I was hardly impressed. I liked the city for a few minutes then it wasn't worth going to unless I had the bells for some of the expensive furniture sets. At least in AC3DS the city will be worthwhile to visit. I believe that with AC3DS they will take the best of all the AC games and tweak them to be even better while adding in awesome new features. I mean, what AC game can beat full customization of the house/village in AC3DS?

Yes, but I doubt it will kill off AC:CF being used for Youtube videos, though I could be wrong. Someone should seriously make a game recorder for the 3DS (something with a microSD card that you plug into your 3DS and put the game into it. Sort of like Action Replay). Things like Animal Crossing City Folk Bloopers will still remain, but the main thing most ACers use for playing will probably be AC3DS.

I'm not sure if they will but it would be really cool if they would add a recording feature in the game itself. It can already do pictures so why not short videos?

I'm not sure if they will but it would be really cool if they would add a recording feature in the game itself. It can already do pictures so why not short videos?

I don't think they will add videos until it's time for the next AC on a home console, they need to make sure taking pictures will work portable.

If it can't even manage to do that, it will be time to forget about this series.

CF was just so bad and poorly done that to make this game worse they'd have to intentionally doing bad things to screw up the game. And considering all we know that AC:3DS has added, they'd have to screw up things horribly bad to make it worse than CF.

Animal Crossing: City Folk wasn't that bad. If you spend enough time with the game you'd enjoy it. It didn't have much new things to offer but it was a huge step up from the previous titles. I played at least 7 hours or more everyday on that game. But maybe its just that opinions differ from people to people.

Yeah accf was actually fun especially with wifi and the festivals were fun over holidays it's really only noting without wifi. Everyone really just hates it because it feels like a repeat but you have to compare it to WW not both previous games

Animal Crossing: City Folk wasn't that bad. If you spend enough time with the game you'd enjoy it. It didn't have much new things to offer but it was a huge step up from the previous titles. I played at least 7 hours or more everyday on that game. But maybe its just that opinions differ from people to people.
I'm with you.
I actually enjoyed CF (i've only played CF and WW and I preferred CF - only liked WW for portability)
I play atleast an hour a day on CF now, except i havent for the past 3 days since my TV has been out of action

I still disagree. CF didn't offer much that WW didn't already have. The only difference was the fact it was on a console with some extra bits added.

Would be nice, but I don't see it happening sadly. Videos would take up a whole lot of space on an SD card. and the only cheap, legal way to record a DS/3DS is to use a hand camera.

No accf brought in more holidays than WW and more fish and bugs and silver tools there are a lot of stuff it added

i think that AC3DS will beat the ACWII in some ways, but not all, they are balanced, the one is better than the other in some ways, and the other is better in some other ways

Yeah, there were a ton of new insect and fish. Wild World was good for when your traveling or not home but City Folk's online was way better than the Wild World. That is one of the series strong points (Online/Wifi). The GC had a lot of text, the villagers said more things but had no online, even though, that was enough to keep me playing. But the Jump out has all these combined so its going to be beast!

Yeah, I only play GC now, I only liked accf for wifi, though I didn't like wifi with a home console, and my wifi doesn't work with WW, so I only play GC considering it's the game without wifi nd has the best features.

Yeah, I only play GC now, I only liked accf for wifi, though I didn't like wifi with a home console, and my wifi doesn't work with WW, so I only play GC considering it's the game without wifi nd has the best features.

there is a way to change wpa2 psk to wep, with that you can use acww, it worked for me

Animal Crossing: City Folk wasn't that bad. If you spend enough time with the game you'd enjoy it.

You'd be shocked. I was very open-minded to the game at first, and was even defending it against all of the downers when it was first released.

I spent plenty of time with it. The only thing it was good for was online play. When I lost the only computer I had that ran my Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector back in early 2009, I never have been able to touch City Folk for more than five minutes. The single-player aspect of it is so lacking. It's better just to go play WW or the GCN version.

it was a huge step up from the previous titles.

There isn't even an single aspect of the game in which I feel this is an accurate statement about, much less the entire game.

i think that AC3DS will beat the ACWII in some ways, but not all, they are balanced, the one is better than the other in some ways, and the other is better in some other ways

This trend in the series needs to stop. There's no reason that one game needs to feature positive stuff that another doesn't (aside from the NES games, which they understandably can't add back now due to the VC).

CF had nothing special to its name anyway. There's no way AC:3DS can't surpass it.

Last edited:
ACCF wasn't a HUGE step, but it was a step, it allowed photo taking capabailities, the city(it isn't meant for you to spend hours on end at the city, just a few minutes a day)holidays, wifi, so it was a step up from WW, just not so huge.

it allowed photo taking capabailities

I'll give it that. But only that. And it wasn't anything major that actually improved the quality of the game.

The city is something that I consider a point against the game. They took the special visitors and stuck them all in one place that you could visit whenever you wanted. Replay value went down the drain.

It may have added those back, but that only puts it on equal footing with the GCN version in that sole place. It didn't really do much of anything special with the holidays and some were missing.

Was already in Wild World. They would have been incredibly dumb if they had removed it for the Wii version.

Besides, even if those were actual improvements, you would have to count what CF did wrong, which was significant - taking away animal pictures, making animals far more repetitive, and removing options when opening up conversations with villagers.

Last edited:
animal pictures would get too cluttered, a picture for EVERY animal, I enjoyed it, but it was cluttering, and playing the GC version, the animals can get repetitive there as well, as there were the 2 options in conversations just like with WW, and the wifi did improve as it allowed for the kind the DS couldn't.

Back