• The Bell Tree Fair 2024's closing ceremony is finally here! Event results, TBTer drawings, collectible reveal, quiz answers, art, stories, raffles, and more. You can find the six-part thread in the Bulletin Board! Thank you, everyone, for making our TBT birthday celebration so special!

Will AC: 3DS beat AC: CF?

As long as AC3DS has good holidays that are similar to CF and the gamecube game, I think it will be better - it seems a lot more polished and has much more customisation, and has some sort of city/plaza anyway so really, bring it on :D

animal pictures would get too cluttered, a picture for EVERY animal, I enjoyed it, but it was cluttering

That's not really a flaw with the feature. You could just get the pictures from your top favorite animal villagers, and even so, you could store the rest away and just be satisfied that you got them.

and playing the GC version, the animals can get repetitive there as well, as there were the 2 options in conversations just like with WW

?

Animal Crossing GCN gave you three options when opening up conversations with animals: An "ask for errand" style question, an "I just want to talk" one, and "Nevermind". Wild World merged the first two together, which is a bit annoying. City Folk took all of the options away.

The repetition in CF is on a completely different level from the GCN version and WW. It's natural that villagers have to eventually start repeating what they said before. They can't add an infinite level of dialogue. However, that isn't what I'm talking about with CF. The lack of options when opening up the conversation with them took away the introduction phase of the conversation, meaning that conversations became one phase. I remember, in just the month I played CF a lot, speaking to villagers and having them say the exact same thing several times in a row. Either there was an limited amount of dialogue or the game was poorly programmed. Either way it was a mess.

Oh sorry I see how my last post was confusion, I haven't played CF in the longest time but weren't there 2 options, yes I know there were 3 options in GC, sorry for the confusion. But to me the CF animals aren't as repetitive as everyone thinks.

i think the question should be will it beat ACGC, it has already beaten WW and CF, but not GC for me yet.

i think the question should be will it beat ACGC, it has already beaten WW and CF, but not GC for me yet.

Now that's the right question to ask.

However, it's very hard to tell at this point. The game will at least be an WW-level sequel, adding all that it has added. The question is whether it will match the GCN version or not. The return of options when you open up conversations with animals having recently been confirmed to return has brought up my hopes a little bit.

For me the amount and creativity of the holidays and new items will determine if it is better than GC or not,.

I completely agree on all of Envy's points.
AC3DS already surpasses CF with the tiny bit of info we have on it, and that based on all of the other games, it's offering way more than WW and CF did put together. I'd like for some things to be brought back, specifically the neighbor portraits, but if they aren't I'm still going to be happy with the amount of content we already know about.

I think this game will be right up there with ACGC and WW on how good it is.

If the portraits return they should be harder to get or you get the option to refuse them

Why in the world would you refuse them?
but I agree with making them a tiny bit more difficult to get. You should be best friends with the neighbor who is giving you their picture, not just friendly.
Also, if you don't want their picture but have it, you could always just sell it to someone over WiFi.

ACCF wasn't a HUGE step, but it was a step, it allowed photo taking capabailities, the city(it isn't meant for you to spend hours on end at the city, just a few minutes a day)holidays, wifi, so it was a step up from WW, just not so huge.

the best things from accf are online playing (it's more fun than ds), and the photo taking capabilities as you say, that are the only awesome things from ac wii

I don't know about beating the Nintendo Gamecube version as of right now, but I hope Animal Crossing 3DS ends up being on par with the Nintendo Gamecube version of the game.

There is plenty if you want to keep them.

Just I have only ever gotten one.
And it was special to me. So don't make it harder.
You want to keep them, when there is a will there is a way

I literally used up all storage space in the game except throwing stuff on the town floor. I kept stuff in the save letters, completely filled the cabinets, used th elost and found as storage.

Back