• The first day of our new Mushroom Season event has passed, but things are just getting started. Read the update about changes made to the schedule, starting with day two. Be careful foraging and good luck!
  • Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Would you pay for DLC?

Would you pay for DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 130 82.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PeeBraiin

Happy Pride!
Bells
Sautéed Mushrooms
Spores
Switch
6980-8546-6496
Apple (Fruit)
Peach (Fruit)
Cherry (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Toy Hammer
Would you pay for DLC? So far, they are advertising free updates and DLC but I?m wondering if any of you would be willing to pay for DLC as we progress throughout the year!
Would you pay for a new pack of more character customization options? Maybe unlocked areas? Etc.

Personally, I would pay for any DLC they release because I?ve been waiting so long for this game to come out.

Certainly if I had the means to : ) Even if they released limited items, i'm a sucker for anything that could add some fun to my ACNH experience.

Yep, I absolutely would. I don't mind DLC to expand content at all, assuming it's reasonably priced vs what you get. IMO, that's miles different than micro transactions in mobile games that are commonly used to just speed things up or replenish energy or whatever.

Last edited:
Yes, as long as the contents is worth its value. I don't mind supporting developers, as long as they provide something they worked very hard on to be worth the additional costs.

Yep, I'll play this for a long time so if I'll use/like the DLC content you bet I'll pay that $15

Personally, no, unless it was a lot of content that I didn’t expect to be in the game for free. I don’t really want a second island or more than 10 villagers, so it’d have to be something like extra island customization or more land space on the main island or something. I wouldn’t pay for seasonal events or NPCs that should be free. Same goes for items/clothes.

I don't think so.

It depends, but I feel that once you give in and pay, you will always be paying.

For me, it depends on what the DLC is and how much it costs. If I decide it isn't worth it, then I won't.

It depends on what the DLC included. I’m generally not a fan of DLC, as it usually tends to be a worse value than the base game, but I’ll consider it for the rare game that really adds something with its DLC. So far, I’ve bought very little Switch DLC (just the Mario + Rabbids expansion, and I got that on sale), but if it added something major, I would consider it. It would need to fall more along the line of a large content update, access to an extra island, etc., rather than just a few cosmetic items. I’m not a fan of micro transaction-style DLC, and I try my best to avoid games that lean heavily on that model.

AC is one of my favorite series, though, so if I decided to buy DLC for a game, it’s a likely candidate. The other top candidate for me is probably Pok?mon, and I don’t plan on making a final decision about whether to buy that DLC until it releases, so I would probably take a similar approach with ACNH.

If they add DLC no more than, say, twice a year for a reasonable price, sure.
If it’s little bits here and there, constantly and—worst of all—limited to specific dates, HELL NO. There are few things Nintendo could upset me more with than bringing that sort of environment over into AC.

As a general rule, no. I don't mind buying Amiibo cards here and there, but I wouldn't be willing to pay for expansions or anything that could/should have been part of the base game.

It might just be because I grew up in an era before DLC, but I feel like it's a slippery slope. Once you prove that you're willing to pay for DLC, companies make it the norm.

Heck yeah, if it was good!

Something that was a big gameplay expansion, like Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep in Borderlands 2 or The Frozen Wilds in Horizon Zero Dawn, fantastic, absolutely would pay for.

Just cosmetics? Unlikely.

As long as it's something in interested in, amazing value for money and adds enrichment to my game, then I wouldn't mind funding a future AC game. That's the way I look at it now ☆
If it's something that doesn't catch my eye, I would probably decide against buying it.
Also I wouldn't want paid for DLC to be frequent, I'd only expect it a couple of times a year ❤︎(。☌︎ᴗ☌︎。)

I think I would pay for DLC. I tend to pay for DLC if it happens to be something I enjoy a lot. Plus, new content isn't always bad.

I would definitely just prefer free DLC... I was happy to get things like the Sanrio amiibo cards and that but generally I'm not a fan of the paid stuff unless it's really good quality and decently priced. That said, I've gotten some awesome DLC from other game franchises before, so as long as is good quality and reasonable, I'm sure I could be tempted!

I would pay for DLC but only if it?s something I like and want. I won?t buy it just for the sake of it.

I would buy DLCs only if they add new locations with new special characters related and new things to do.

I would buy DLCs for:
- A mining location where you can search for rocks and minerals to craft new items
- The woods, where you can collect new fruits from bushes
- An island with new shops

I would not buy DLCs if:
- They only add removed villagers from Gamecube game
- They only add some limited edition furniture like Pocket Camp

Back