Would you pay for DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 130 82.3%
  • No

Votes: 28 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
its so much money already i just want everything to be in one game

I'd be pretty cool with paying for DLC especially if its new items, islands or villagers. Only thing i wouldn't pay for is like say a bundle of 20 wood/stone (etc.) the standard repeatable micro transactions. That said I do hope they keep holidays and their items as free DLC at least for the first year.

Not just for new aesthetic items, no. Like clothes, furniture, hairstyles.

But if the dlc has new gameplay that's never been seen before? Sure!

I wouldn't pay to have swimming back in the game as it was. But I would pay if it introduced swimming and... being able to swim to some cool new location with new NPCs and things to do, going on underwater diving adventures, etc.

I'd probably also pay for a set of 2 new villager personalities, but I doubt that'd be dlc.

Or maybe more things to do in multiplayer.

Or the ability to completely design your own house exterior.

Cooking recipes + bake-off competition events!

Haha I don't know, stuff like that.

As I said in an earlier post, I'd like to think I will be principled and only get something worth while, but let's be honest, I will buy whatever DLC they throw at me.

Last edited:
I bought the Welcome Amiibo game (again) when it updated, I wouldn't mind doing the same here. So long as it was worth it.

tbh, it really just depends.
is it priced well? is it worth it?
just like many others, i have no problem supporting the creators. it's really just if i think it's worth my money or not.

On a case by case basis yes.

New features? If I want them, yes.
New furniture? NO
New Accessories? If I want them, yes.
New Clothing? Probably not.
New Villagers? No
New collections (fish, bugs, etc)? Probably yes.

absolutely, but only if it adds a decent amount of content, wether it be a good chunk of furniture sets, accessories, etc or new features or even both. in fact i hope Nintendo does support ac through dlc for at least a few years, because assuming the next main ac will prob be another near decade away, id love something to recapture my interest long after nh’s release

it would really depend on what the DLC is. I would prefer to not buy it and receive it for free because who wouldn't? But some things should not be DLC (like an individual item or something) that needs to be paid for, and I would not pay for something like that unless it were amazing and cheap. If it were something like what Pokemon is doing with adding a lot of whole new content and having people pay for it, that makes more sense and I would pay for something like that.

- - - Post Merge - - -

On a case by case basis yes.

New features? If I want them, yes.
New furniture? NO
New Accessories? If I want them, yes.
New Clothing? Probably not.
New Villagers? No
New collections (fish, bugs, etc)? Probably yes.

this is pretty much me. except I might pay for new villagers. but I don't know how they would be able to get away with that

I definitely would, within reason. As long as it is a reasonable price for what you are getting, they I would love to buy any DLC that comes out. However it if was ANYTHING like Pocket Camp, spending too much money for 5 items, then not a chance.

No, I rather the DLC be free updates, like they are doing right now. If it's to expand the game, then maybe, but for right now, I rather not. :)

Yes cause the Animal Crossing devs deserve the money for all the hard work

Unless the DLC was really terrible, yeah I would probably pay for it. Anything to help with the longevity of the game, and I'm sure if animal crossing was going to have a paid dlc it would be well worth the money... Just think of how much the welcome amiibo update had, and that was free.

I would pay for DLC but I am strongly against it. I don't think AC games should be one of those games where you have to buythings to have more fun or buy progress. It juts seems un animal crossing to me. I would maybe pay for like one big DLC but not a bunch of micro tansactions.

Last edited:
NO! That's a slippery slope that would only encourage Nintendo to keep it up. I own the game, not the other way around!

it depends on what the dlc was and when they released it it was a year or more after release and i was almost done playing it and i thought i got my money out of the game. than they added something that would make the game even more enjoyable and lng i probably would. if they tried a month later than probably not that would remind me of acpc and it would make me think they would just keep on asking for money and that would turn me off of the game

Likely yes, this is my most anticipated game by far in a long time. I'll be willing to drop almost anything on it, hopefully they make it worth the money though!!

Yes, however depends on the DLC. I don't want to pay for events but if I had a DLC with various waves (like Fire Emblem) that gave us extra furniture. So wave one would give us some exclusives from the past like sanrio furniture. The second wave would give us furniture from region exclusives in the past, etc. We could get DIY recipes for them and still get to enjoy making it ourselves and the items we need to get are something special like a rare fossil or if there was a firework set we would need fireworks which we can only buy in august or receive from villagers.

Back