• Come and see the official gallery showcasing all of your creative entries from The Bell Tree Fair 2024. In addition, the winners for the final raffles have been drawn! Click here for the event's final closing announcement.

Your most recent gaming purchases

Tales of Vesperia on switch. It was on sale for $10 in the e-shop and I've had $50 from a gift sitting on my account for 2 years now (I don't like buying games digital) so I said fine, it's something to get me hyped up for the Symphonia rerelease next year. Need to send in my joycon for repair before I start playing it though.

Reactions: Neb
Just got the Isabelle and Digby Amiibo pack that is out right now. I had the money and I figured I’d better get them before the scalpers do.

My most recent gaming purchase was my pre-ordered digital copy of Pokémon Violet.

Reactions: Neb
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle.

I know is old and the newer one just came up but still want to play the first one.

Mortal Kombat 11

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

and a gaming headset

all for my xbox One

My wife just bought God of War: Ragnarok and is playing it on the PS4! It would be the PS5, but ya know... maybe someday.

I've recently purchased The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles and Fire Emblem: Awakening. Made these purchases on Monday and got the games on Saturday. Planning to get the Nintendo Switch OLED, so I decided to add The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles to my list of games to play. With Fire Emblem: Awakening... I bought it to pass the time until Fire Emblem Engage comes out.

I last bought Pokemon Scarlet on release day, and also bought Splatoon 3 at the same time.

I got a $70 eShop card from a family friend as an early Christmas gift. This morning I bought four games that were on sale.

First is Voez. It's a touch screen based rhythm game from 2017 by one of my favorite developers. The sunny day aesthetic is really pretty and the music is better than many games in the genre. My only gripe is that the music is noticeably compressed, even compared to other rhythm games on the Switch. I know they wanted to fit over 120 songs into 1.4 gigabytes, but the audio quality is on par with YouTube music uploads from 2009. At least the gameplay is really good. Both button controls and touch screen controls feel really nice.

Next is Cytus Alpha, the same developers as Voez. This is a Switch port of a mobile rhythm game with every DLC song included. I've played Cytus 2 for years, so jumping into this one was quite easy. For some reason the game forces you to wait up to 25 seconds for other players before playing each song. The servers for this game have been inactive since the sequel came out, so I'm always just left waiting the whole time. The next time I boot the game I'll check the options menu to see if there's a way to disable this feature. I only play rhythm games to improve my own score anyway.

Third is Fast RMX. This game has been on my Switch's wish list since the day the system launched. I just always got distracted with other releases and never had any money while it was on sale. Now that I finally have it I can say I've been missing out. The game runs and plays like a dream. This really is a spiritual successor to F-Zero in every way. If you're into that series and also want a new entry Fast RMX actually serves that niche well. I'm looking forward to trying every track as I unlock them.

Lastly I got Monster Hunter Stories 2. I kept hearing people say this is better than every Pokémon game released in the last several years, so I picked it up. I haven't started the gameplay yet, but I can comment on the other aspects. The character customization in this game is phenomenal. There's a decent variety of skin tones and hairstyles to choose from. Unlike many games I actually felt happy with the character I made. The graphics are also some of the best I have seen on the Switch. Everything is so bright, vivid, and detailed. It looks like an anime movie come to life. I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I got a physical copy of It Takes Two on Switch via Black Friday sales for around $30 CAD. I also grabbed the Portal Collection from the eshop as it also recently was on sale and I had enough gold coins I was able to get it for a couple of cents.

Finally just the other day I ordered a physical copy of the new Mario Rabbids game online (so don’t have it yet) as it was also on sale for a good price and I really liked the first game.

I try and buy myself an eshop game every Christmas. This year was PawPawPaw…and I got Sunset Riders just in case the prior was terrible.

I bought The Oregon Trail for the Switch and it is a really good version of the classic game. There’s so much you can do and there are fully animated images of the forts and cities and the animals move in the background as you pass by them. The extra story quests are fun as well. There one where you need to keep an eye on how much water you have or the ammunition in the wagon will ignite and cause an instant game over. The neat thing is this causes the game to break the fourth wall and make it look like the explosion cracked the screen. The people you take along with you also have unique characteristics and personalities and some don’t get along well together and may cause an argument and one of them to abandon your party although they may be seen at a major landmark and rejoin you.

Broke down and ordered Pokemon Violet anyway. I'll get it on Saturday. - Feel like I'll enjoy it even with the shortcomings. Plus, I'm gonna be cat-sitting/house-sitting for two weeks in January, and I really need something to keep myself from being completely bored.

got spiritfarer as a gift and I've been so into it lately. It's the perfect blend of Stardew valley, don't starve (without the creepiness) and harvest moon. I want to get Plague tales of innocence soon!

Back