Your opinion of hacking (via Action Replay, or other means)

[Nook said:
,Aug 28 2010, 12:13:05 AM]
Nic said:
[Nook said:
,Aug 27 2010, 11:15:30 PM]
Nic said:
Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
^qfw

Texture hacking is okay, offline hacking is okay, online hacking (the cheatin' style) isn't.
I think you mean QFT right?
QFT is "Quote for truth".

QFW is "Quote for win".
Damn the internet slang.

Nic said:
[Nook said:
,Aug 28 2010, 12:13:05 AM]
Nic said:
[Nook said:
,Aug 27 2010, 11:15:30 PM]
I think you mean QFT right?
QFT is "Quote for truth".

QFW is "Quote for win".
Damn the internet slang.
good chance he made that up himself/with friends

but i'm just assuming

-Aaron said:
AndyB said:
Bacon Boy said:
-Aaron said:
Hacking online is a no-no for me, since it'll ruin the fun for everyone else. Besides, a score/kill-death ratio is just a number. It means nothing to me.

Hacking offline though, for S&G's, I have no problem with, since you're not affecting anyone online.

I'm in-between when it comes to piracy though.
I'm completely against it. I see it as a black and white issue.

It's stealing. You're playing a game you never intend to pay for.
Same here, buck up and help out the developers. (not aimed at anyone in particular)
How can I? If I downloaded GoldenEye 007, I'm not supporting devs. If I buy it used, I'm not supporting them either, since the money will go the guy selling it. I can't just phone up Nintendo and ask if they have a copy of GoldenEye 007 lying around that I can buy.
Old/preowned games are the exception of course.

AndyB said:
-Aaron said:
AndyB said:
Bacon Boy said:
Same here, buck up and help out the developers. (not aimed at anyone in particular)
How can I? If I downloaded GoldenEye 007, I'm not supporting devs. If I buy it used, I'm not supporting them either, since the money will go the guy selling it. I can't just phone up Nintendo and ask if they have a copy of GoldenEye 007 lying around that I can buy.
How are they an exception? As far as I know, only buying it new will support the developers.

The problem is, Nintendo consoles are so easily hacked. The way to bypass the new update is to Use a combination of IndianaPWNS/SmashStack and Hackmii. Now, I think we all know how annoying hackers are. Take Mario Kart Wii for example. I think we've all seen the float over the edges, invisibility, invincibility, transport (most common), etc. hacks. That's where I draw the line. It's so annoying.

-Aaron said:
AndyB said:
-Aaron said:
AndyB said:
How are they an exception? As far as I know, only buying it new will support the developers.
he's agreeing with you, if I'm correct.

saying that old/used games are the exceptions, in terms of supporting developers, or something like that.

@ bacon boy, hackers gonna hack.

I've always been taught that hacking is PC and Internet related whereas games is just called cheating unless you are messing with consoles internally, putting things in that shouldn't be added etc.

JasonBurrows said:
I've always been taught that hacking is PC and Internet related whereas games is just called cheating unless you are messing with consoles internally, putting things in that shouldn't be added etc.
that's more along the lines of "modding", if i'm correct.

This topic reminds me of one a bunch of my AC friends started to hack, and I got so frustrated that I couldn't figure out how to do it. Generally I only hack a game if I have means of restarting the game from before the area I hacked, if I've beat the game, or if it's sandbox game, in which case I sometimes hack to mess around. (Minecraft is a good example of this, and really the only time I hack now. It isn't really hacking, just editing the save.)

Psychonaut said:
-Aaron said:
AndyB said:
-Aaron said:
he's agreeing with you, if I'm correct.

saying that old/used games are the exceptions, in terms of supporting developers, or something like that.

@ bacon boy, hackers gonna hack.
Yeah, I was agreeing.
Buying preowned games isn't supporting the developers, it's supporting Gamestop (or wherever you bought it).
I'd love to buy as many new games as I could, but that's not the case. But sometimes I just can't afford that, so a nice cheap preowned copy will do me.

Back